Search
Register
You indie kids make me sick...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

SoundDoctrine

You indie kids make me sick...  Reply with quote  

I want to drop the bomb on this whole "indie" movement going on right now (if it has the right to be stated as "moving" anything)...I like alot of independent things, it's a great idea not to fall into somebody elses method of producing or establishing things...I buy alot of independent records in the form of hip hop, jazz, rock, and electronica...I like independent films...I like independent stores with cool people who work in them with funny shirts tobacco products and hard to find collectibles in them...I like independent food chains in college towns with neat pictures on the wall and bathrooms cluttered with tags...But I am asking for these so called "indie" kids to STOP with the extremes...I also like my dose of Jay-Z, Coldplay, and even some MTV from time to time...Everything about mainstream/commercial culture isn't totally hopeless, though hard to see through the mist it is okay to like Common when they show his video on MTV...It IS okay to like a song you heard on BET...There is a diamond in the ruff...And another thing...I found a pair of $18 dollar glasses that aren't the horn-rimmed ones you wear, funny how your strives for "independence" have led ALL of you rushing for the thrift store racks looking for cub scout shirts and grandpa's old jeans...You refuse to be "bound" by retail fabric, yet you spent 5.99 for a patch that says "Punk" on it for your Michael J. Fox thrift store jean jacket...You don't even iron on the patches, you saftey pin the patch on as to give you a more rugged look...Independent one...I've seen all of you at Wax 'N' Facts asking for the Neutral Milk Hotel release, but you all crave for the ring of Red Hot Chili Peppers...You claim to like the most minimal-obscured-garbage-can-banging noise of music so when I ask you in the store what we are listening to, you see fit to tell me in your too-small-of-shirts looking like the same one you were born in the history of the band and it's subgenres...You are the ones at the record store when I ask for Boards Of Canada you thwart into a myriad of questions much like "isn't that the downtempo drone breakbeat analog digital group?"...No indie kid...It's boards of canada...You refuse to look like your Hollister enemies yet you spend more time finger-painting your hair with the medium of style gel for many minutes in the mirror (contrary to to those hollister models)...Silly indie kid...You all walk around denying yourself much missing what could be a life of appreciation...Instead you depreciate to stay "independent"...What's independent about looking like that guy, or that guy...Indie kid....Get some balance...
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amo1ne

Re: You indie kids make me sick...  Reply with quote  

SoundDoctrine wrote:
funny how your strives for "independence" have led ALL of you rushing for the thrift store racks looking for cub scout shirts and grandpa's old jeans...

hahaha
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:47 pm
Patrick

^^  Reply with quote  

very nicely said...eloquent

P A T
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:54 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

amo1ne wrote:
SoundDoctrine wrote:
funny how your strives for "independence" have led ALL of you rushing for the thrift store racks looking for cub scout shirts and grandpa's old jeans...

hahaha
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:58 pm
rekoniz

hilarious.....and on point...
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:01 pm
Path

you're preaching to the wrong assembly, bitch.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:02 pm
dabinduppes

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  Reply with quote  

(applaud)

thats how you bitch on a message board, too funny.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:02 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

thats a bold statment to make if your implying that to everyone on here but.....whatever
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:04 pm
JTP

Who on here is an 'indie kid'? Really what I want to know is who dresses like SoundDoctrine described?

Come clean...
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:06 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

work on your puncuation and your captialazation<sp> and you might have an award winning...something there........... :D
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:12 pm
SoundDoctrine

HOLY CRAP...My teacher ALWAYS tells me that on my essays...She LOVES my content and my word usage...But ALWAYS speaks of my incorrect usage of commas...I suck at punctuation...
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

so yea....you said this...any specific person your directing that at?
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:14 pm
eggplant xanadu
try-harderator

SoundDoctrine wrote:
I want to drop the bomb on this whole "indie" movement going on right now (if it has the right to be stated as "moving" anything)...I like alot of independent things, it's a great idea not to fall into somebody elses method of producing or establishing things...I buy alot of independent records in the form of hip hop, jazz, rock, and electronica...I like independent films...I like independent stores with cool people who work in them with funny shirts tobacco products and hard to find collectibles in them...I like independent food chains in college towns with neat pictures on the wall and bathrooms cluttered with tags...But I am asking for these so called "indie" kids to STOP with the extremes...I also like my dose of Jay-Z, Coldplay, and even some MTV from time to time...Everything about mainstream/commercial culture isn't totally hopeless, though hard to see through the mist it is okay to like Common when they show his video on MTV...It IS okay to like a song you heard on BET...There is a diamond in the ruff...And another thing...I found a pair of $18 dollar glasses that aren't the horn-rimmed ones you wear, funny how your strives for "independence" have led ALL of you rushing for the thrift store racks looking for cub scout shirts and grandpa's old jeans...You refuse to be "bound" by retail fabric, yet you spent 5.99 for a patch that says "Punk" on it for your Michael J. Fox thrift store jean jacket...You don't even iron on the patches, you saftey pin the patch on as to give you a more rugged look...Independent one...I've seen all of you at Wax 'N' Facts asking for the Neutral Milk Hotel release, but you all crave for the ring of Red Hot Chili Peppers...You claim to like the most minimal-obscured-garbage-can-banging noise of music so when I ask you in the store what we are listening to, you see fit to tell me in your too-small-of-shirts looking like the same one you were born in the history of the band and it's subgenres...You are the ones at the record store when I ask for Boards Of Canada you thwart into a myriad of questions much like "isn't that the downtempo drone breakbeat analog digital group?"...No indie kid...It's boards of canada...You refuse to look like your Hollister enemies yet you spend more time finger-painting your hair with the medium of style gel for many minutes in the mirror (contrary to to those hollister models)...Silly indie kid...You all walk around denying yourself much missing what could be a life of appreciation...Instead you depreciate to stay "independent"...What's independent about looking like that guy, or that guy...Indie kid....Get some balance...

This kid needs to get laid...badly.
peace
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:17 pm
SoundDoctrine

I used to think it was kind of cool...People seemed like they were getting it...You know...Stop being spanked by commerce...But then I realized it was becomming trendy to look and act this certain way...I was giving a speech in my communications class last semester about myself...I said I wanted to have my own independent label for hip hop and jazz...Mabye even fusing the two...She starts slilent cheering like some moron during my speech...I remember thinking "I don't wanna be thrown in this mold"...Then you got people who you've been around all your life all of a sudden emerge into this creature of self-contradiction...It's out of control...Nah mean?
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:19 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

sure....but it came off like you were directingyour 'indie bitching' at this board i guess.........
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:22 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next