Search
Register
SAGE IN NEWARK, DELAWARE TOMORROW 10/24!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Gentle Jones

delorian is dope you'll see him at the next east end show jaryd

peace
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:51 pm
penelope

tip: The East End Cafe has the BEST humus burger...!.. yummy!
(I was there the last time Sager was!)
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:55 pm
Gentle Jones

yo come to the show on march 9th if you can
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:19 pm
penelope

i drove 7hrs to get to that show... it was my rest stop on my way to Annapolis! I'd do it again in a heartbeat if my car still works by then!

I liked the part where Sage said if it was his world, he'd get rid of New Jersey .. Are the words for that piece printed somewhere.. Hope?
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:01 pm
Gentle Jones

well if you do make it i would love to see you

peace
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:36 am
penelope

do you remember me or somethin'? (in case you have me confused, i was in a black "Independent" sweatshirt.. skateshoes and Ronin black beanie..)
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:54 am
Gentle Jones

i don't remember anything from that evening except that i had a great time

except the one thing that stood out was after my set i went out to the dining room and had some chocolate pie compliments of the house (it was smashing) some of my long time skateboard partners were out there and my man brian compton who i hasn't really been checking rap for years (except a cd i gave him6 months before) didn't have loot but i paid for him to check sage out he was in his cups (dude is a rager) and he was dancing and feeling it and holler wild stuff like "he got that shit on tap man!!" you never met a short hair rasta like compton but look sage and brian were vibin off each other and the crowd seemed to get a voyer andy koffmanesque view and knowing brian anything could have happened sage and him we in each others faces and i know brians breath stank my man is half hessian big up to sage of not letting lack of tictac get in the way of a good time

it was priceless
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:23 am
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

Hey Penelope--------Are you from Annapolis or just have ties here?

Maybe we know each other. I was at that east end show too. Man--that "system" was strictly garbage. I sincerly hope that however is promoting this show has the intelligence to upgrade that shit from last time. It really killed the show for me. That and the drunk frat boy Sage was focusing on all night.

Ottobar was off the hook last night!!!!!!!!!!

So many great moments, so many great performers.

Sage is a good kid.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:25 am
penelope

infidelone
i have a anquaintance-friend that goes to school in Annapolis .. me and his brother used to be tight cuz we both like anything that's turbocharged!

that place was small enough, that the sound seemed fine to me.. maybe i was just real close to everything and didn't notice!.. Nobody bring drunk people this time though.. i don't think Sage was impressed.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:31 am
Gentle Jones

brian compton is has never been to college. and he's held delawares record for the highest backside airs off 4 feet of vert for ten years. he's good people and i guarentee you never met no one like him.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:33 am
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

Does your freind goto St.JOhn's or the Naval Academy?

JUst curious because I met my girlfreind at St, Johns(not as a student but as a prowler)and my MOms and sister graduated there.

What do you think of our little town? Quaint, huh?
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:35 am
Gentle Jones

and if you perform original music and want to get paid in delaware you pretty much have to perform in a bar and that means drunks come with the territory

personally i find drunks very entertaining
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:35 am
penelope

infidelone - i'm not sure, it was a really small campus and he said everyone's pretty snobby about the school.. (it's the "smart" school)

i love the ocean and it's cool that you guys have a snowboard shop (even though you probably never get snow in town!) I didn't actually spend much time in the town but it's really clean.. I was kinda surprised by all the "uniformed" school kids.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:43 am
penelope

Gentle Jones wrote:
brian compton is has never been to college. and he's held delawares record for the highest backside airs off 4 feet of vert for ten years. he's good people and i guarentee you never met no one like him.

skate or snow?
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:46 am
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

Gentle Jones wrote:

Dude--congrats to Brian Compton. He does all that and gets on my fuckin nerves. He must be very popular in Delaware to feel the need to perform at the rap show for everyone. He was as amusing as 10 dead babies. I hate him. I also understand that you must play in bars to play original music in Deleware and in the rest of the country too. I do this often and when I do people show respect when they are or are not drunk. I get drunk when I go out too, and I don't turn into a flaming asshole when I do. Respect.

Penelope--you were at St. Johns college. Liberal arts school. The kids are very much in their own bubble. They call us townies and they're johnies. They are very fortunate to have the opportunity to read and talk for 4 years about thet great minds of writen history and their donations to the universal order of what is. I wish I had done it.

The board shop was Evolve. We get snow, it snowed last night. We have a few places within 2 hours that we can ride. I'm riding tomorrow.

If you're ever in town again, let me know via this board. We have a really cool music scene(beleive it or not) and I play a few times a week.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:17 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next