Search
Register
ri represent.
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

kaytekay

Location: providence, ri. website: http://iam.bmezine.com/?starspud

If you were a skinny drunk white kid that was in the front row with a light blue hat on, pumpin ya fists and screaming out lyrics that you didnt know >>

haha when sage was naming the people in gruvis malt was this kid yelling out all different names and flailing his arms? i think i was right near you guys.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:20 pm
Gee-Q

kaytekay wrote:

haha when sage was naming the people in gruvis malt was this kid yelling out all different names and flailing his arms? i think i was right near you guys.

hahahah yeah that was him. funny shit

peace,
gee-Q

GeeQ718@aol.com
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:27 pm
tom inhaler
me too!

....  Reply with quote  

such a fucking good time last night. all the opening acts were amazing. got some food with shane, paige and... man i forgot her fucking name again... kelly? kerry? katie? haha.. i'm such an asshole.. you all know her as SoccerMom... i'm sorry SoccerMom... if i had known i was meeting you beforehand, i would have remembered your name... stupid mind! anyhow, also met argot (finally).. didn't talk to sage or manic though... if you miss this show when it's in your town... you're a fool. just so you know.

i took some pictures (sorry about the flash sage)... i should have them up in a few days. i was looking for you, TD3, oh well.. we'll meet soon enough i'm sure. looking forward to the call shows, and the northhampton show (if i can get a ride...)

one last thing... everyone, everywhere should know who CR Avery is. he is unbelievable. and shame on the crowd for not being able to handle the "hey's" and "ah's!" during MC Squared set. :)

peace!
inhaler/thecat
www.inhalerproductions.com
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:56 pm
JennyJive

wow. that show was the most fun i've had in a long time.
I drove 4 hours from Jersey by myself to catch this show and it was well worth it. Dissapointed I missed Avery and the first half of Grand Buffets set cause i couldn't find anywhere to park. Those guys were pure fun, fuckin hilarious and such great energy! Gruvis Malt is a really tight band; very unique sound, i wouldn't even know how to describe them hardcore rock hiphop jazz...or something like that. The singers got a really nice voice, though i kept waitin for him to just start screaming cause the music would get so hard and intense. They were really 'together' it's hard for a band with that many pieces to always stay in time and harmony, hard to keep eye contact or whatnot...but they were on point both during their own set and Sage's. The drummer is also super-talented, i like the way he had his drums set up with the hi-hats all high up like that.

Mc Squared is fucking amazing. Blew my mind.

Sage thoroughly exceeded all of my expectations. simply awe-inspiring. left me speechless.

the crowd was alright. not too much pushing altogether except for some tall asshole in the middle who was getting really wild. it's cool to get live and excited at a show but this dude was just really rude about it, he knocked some poor kids glasses off his face. another kid pushed him and they started beefin with each other. i told him to chill out cause he was ruining it for everyone and he mellowed out a bit...but he's still a jerk-off.

still haven't decided my favorite parts of the show, it was all so wonderful...but for now, for the sole reason that it still makes me laugh out loud when i think of it - during Climb Trees Sage ad-libbed, "if that chair could talk it wouldn't shut the fuck up."

Providence is a nice city. It was my first time there; i would have liked to had more time and money to do some exploring, but as is it's gonna take a while to recover...i drove a total of 451.3 miles...maybe next time..
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:28 pm
eggplant xanadu
try-harderator

Climb Trees was dope,those fuckers sounded like Jel!
peace
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:57 pm
MCSquizared

many thanks  Reply with quote  

eyo.
many many thanks for the words of praise. i had a fucking ball.
cr, grand buff, and gruvis all killed it. and sage somehow reminded all of us of our attention spans' true potential. the man had thousands of people roped for like an hour and a half or something crazy like that. nobody flinched. jesus.

also, watch me win showtime at the apollo this saturday. it's on after snl on nbc.

peace.
squared
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:21 pm
MrHourGlass

Re: many thanks  Reply with quote  

MCSquizared wrote:
eyo.
many many thanks for the words of praise. i had a fucking ball.
cr, grand buff, and gruvis all killed it. and sage somehow reminded all of us of our attention spans' true potential. the man had thousands of people roped for like an hour and a half or something crazy like that. nobody flinched. jesus.

also, watch me win showtime at the apollo this saturday. it's on after snl on nbc.

peace.
squared

You're beats are sick!! You also proved providence has no rhytmn. hahaha
I enjoyed myself a lot last night! Great show, everybody just killed it. peace to everyone i talked to. Best night I had in loong time, and I didnt even have to drink!

Peace!

HourGlass
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:07 pm
Beep

Grand buffet  Reply with quote  

i was not feeling those guys i had a feeling they would suck, but everyone seemed to like those guys i played pool during their set, after i heard the first song i was done with those guys im sure everyone on the board is going to freak out haha oh well

Avery was dope, Mult was cool too ,MC squard was dope and sage was dope, that was the first time i seen sage live doing a set, i seen him at the atmosphere show marshin it up haha. i had a blast and was cracking up when sage was yelling in that kids face "sing my song!!" good times, i wanna see the pictures soon and see who i seen and did not say hello to

all in all, i got waaaaay more then my moneys worth
Sage my man you did your shit and came off dope as hell
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:28 am
NibbMatic

prolifik wrote:
Embryo: and he looked like the big guy from ICP without the makeup.

Hhahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST.

This board provides never ending laughter. You will hear my bellows in hell.
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:17 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
td3

yes....

seeing Sage with a live band was definetely a cool experience

worked out great... they made the beats and music sound VERY similiar yet added a dope twist also to them

ill catch the tour in Northampton on the 7th of March (i think)

I gotta post my pics later today, i got home too late last night to do so

PEACE
td3

PS: Inhaler, how were you looking for me if you dont know who i am or what i look like? haha
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:19 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PaigeMaster6

eggplant-damn. i wanted to meet you too. fuck.

td3 and geeQ-sorry for not chillen more with you guys. i was really looking forward to seeing yall and then when i did...i just felt like i was being a bitch...sorry.

inhaler-it was fun chillen with you even if shaner and i were being annoying as hell at that restaurant...

anonjondoe-i had a good time with you and your sister!! haha, she cracks me up...

joe beats-you are mean.

sage-always, always a pleasure.

the show was incredible, as usual. and that bums me the fuck out about the fucking NYC show. god. anyway...dope. i don't know what else to say about it, ha.
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:26 am
Gee-Q

word Paige.
Me and Td got there pretty late soo it was kinda hard to chill, but its all good cuz your going to the show on March 22nd, its $30 with the flyer I gave you..... It was cool to see you and Jezuz again...

peace

TD3, everyone here knows what u look like, dont front hahahhaa
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:31 am
MessiahCarey

eggplant xanadu wrote:
Climb Trees was dope,those fuckers sounded like Jel!
peace

I disagree on half of this.

It *WAS* dope, but it was really dope because it was so different...yet the same. Heh.

I liked the dynamic with Gruvis a lot.

- Shane
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:44 am
SoccerMoM

I had a good time, I'm glad I got to go. Everyone that performed was amazing.

Paige, it was awesome to see you again I'm sure I'll see you again soon.
Inhaler, I won't take it personally that you forgot my name, most people don't know who I am anyway, I like to watch... nice to meet you though.

-N
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:18 am
admiral

it was an amaing show...cr avery was a very nice surprise...and sage came wack as fuck (and by that, i mean dope)...it is ridiculous how much energy one man can convey to a large audience through a mic and a stage...

i was in the front/second row as well, and those guys y'all are talking about really hindered my enjoyment of it...i was standing right next to one of them and he kept bumping into me, and told me to watch out!!! he also smelled like ass...it was funny how they knew all of the lyrics to sage's new songs that were playing during the breaks (hmmmmm)...i had a blue ski cap on, and am skinny and white, but was not drinking/drunk so i'm glad i didn't ruin it for anyone else...

i took the bus from boston up there, my boy who i was supposed to stay with came up MIA, so i walked around providence after the show and slept at the bonanza bus terminal until the first bus back came at 4:30am...it was fun in a freezing, surreal kinda way...and i'd do it again in a second to see a show like that.
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:37 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next