Search
Register
ri represent.
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

kaytekay

Location: providence, ri. website: http://iam.bmezine.com/?starspud
ri represent.  Reply with quote  

just wanted to give sage props for the show in providence last night. the spoken word after makeshift patriot was incredible! great show man. did everyone else enjoy?

Last edited by kaytekay on Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:03 am
ihaveagluegun

i'll let you know after he puts up a video...
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:35 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
arlene DAMNIT

show was dope except for a certain dillhole that tried to ruin it for everyone in the front row. every sage show i go to theres always some kid that is way too excited about life and usually i can take it but this kid managed to piss off at least 15 people around him. if you post on this site, your a jackhole and you need to learn how to throw your hands in the air without hitting people on they heads. your 'waving them like you just dont care" lisence has just been revoked.

hey sage remember at one of your shows at the bild pig in ann arbor some douche was on his cell phone and you threw a mic stand at his head? i was really hoping youd do that again last night! instead i just yelled SHUT THE FUCK UP into the kids phone. if you post here, youre also a dillhole. dont talk on your phone in the middle of a show if youre just gonna park your rude ass right in the front row! duhhhhh. heh.

HOWEVER it was nice to meet eggplant xanadu....i want to relieve you of your fat boys hat!

i took a few pictures and ill post em up as soon as i develop em

on a side note i think grand buffet is my favorite group. i only saw like 3 of they songs last night but theyre fucking hilarious. every time i see them i love them even more. the kitty song might be the funniest goddamn thing ive ever heard in my life and it was cool to hear it with a band instead of a cd. i bought the karaoke cd and i cant wait to listen to it.

also mc squared was so dope me and my friends were on our way over to the bar but he distracted us into standing there and listening instead of buying beer so id say thats mighty impressive.

all around fun/comical night
see you in northampton.

oh and td3 you will be proud...i handed out all of your flyers after the show in apporiximately 3 minutes. i said "im really cold and im not leaving till i dont have anymore flyers so you people HAVE to take them" and they did. good times.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:33 am
prolifik

Definitely a sick show. I got beer spilled on me by a pair of inebriated bar floozys who tried to elbow their way closer to the rail when MC Squarred annihilated the microphone, but all in all it was worth the 6 hours of driving. I thought that rewrite was the illest song of the night, but they were all good renditions. Sage puts on a good show, even though he blinded me with his whiteness when he brandished his bare foot.

big up.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:57 am
Gee-Q

WORD. It was a really dope show. Sage's performance was ill as fuck.

LOL @ the drunk kid in the front row. He was being mad annoying but it was soo much fun watching Arlene yell at him and then smack him. I was trying to get her to punch him in the face all night
"CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!!!!"- Arlene
"IM TRYING TOOOOO!!!!"- drunk kid (right in arlenes face)

hahahh that shit was classic.
If you were a skinny drunk white kid that was in the front row with a light blue hat on, pumpin ya fists and screaming out lyrics that you didnt know Thanks for going. I have a feeling it was Inhaler/ the cat but who knows hahaha

MC Squared was soooo fucking dope.

Good to see some of ya'll again.. Yes im coming out for the Northampton, MA show....

peace
gee-Q

GeeQ718@aol.com
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:03 pm
arlene DAMNIT

geeq im not your monkey. i dont punch people on command hello???

yea so i promised i wouldnt hit anyone at this show but this kid would not stop screaming in my ear and as hes wavin his arms all willy nilly all over the place he hit me and nicole in the head so i was not havin it. he stopped shortly after that. not the screaming though. lil boy loves to yell apparently.

the point is this time...dude deserved a smack in the face.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:08 pm
td3

DOPE show... definetely worth getting lost, and getting into an accident on the way there....

I was looking for Inhaler... i think geeQ is right about the annoying drunk in the front being him... i wanted to steal his hat :x

I was suprised that my girlfriend didnt complain... she had a good time

nice talking with Shane, Paige, Arlene, Sage....

i didnt see Joey

i bought a jersey... its too small though

ill post my pics later on tonight

PS: how many people were there?? much more than the last show i went to... thats dope...eventhough i couldnt walk

td3
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eggplant xanadu
try-harderator

Sage thanks for a hell of a performance,the bands renditions of your album cuts were very,very dope,for introducing me to Arlene...it was real nice meeting you,i still missed Paige who really wanted to meet.
Whore-Monger was my favorite of the night...every song was dope.
How dope was that drummer on Inherited Scars though...shit was tight.
kids jaws were dropping in sight of my fat boys hat,although Sage dissed me telling me i looked like El-P with it on. :( hahah
peace
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:12 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I.am...recovering.

SO MANY FUCKING HOMIES IN THE HOUSE

thank you all so so so so so so so much.

what a show.

I am hurt right now.

I knew SO MANY PEOPLE there.

I started writing a list and I had to stop. fuck it. moms...dads...thank you so much for being there.

1000 people in LUPOS.

love it
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:25 pm
Embryo

word.. the set was amazing. The entire show was. Gruvis Malt rocked it as usual, and CR, Grand Buffet, and MC Squared all added something to the show as well. And yeah, having Gruvis Malt play backup for Sage was really intense - they are an amazing band, and having the live instrumentation seemed to really add a lot to the emotion and intensity of Sage's show.

What did y'all think of Gruvis - both doing their own thing and as Sage's band?

Oh yeah, and the one part where I wasn't sure what happened - there was this GIANT guy on the right side of the stage who tried to shove his way to the front when MC Squared was starting - blocking everyone's view, until I drew the line and stopped him from worming his way any farther in. He kept doing this til about halfway through Sage's set, when Sage sort of gives this look in my general direction (I thought he was looking at me for a second) like "what are you doing? come on." And so I'm trying to figure out what happened and all of a sudden this giant dude is gone - like maybe that look from Sage was directed at him and he took it as his cue to get the hell out of the front. Does anyone have any better understanding of what happened?
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:28 pm
ihaveagluegun

aww, all you lucky asses.....come to Austin...I want to meet yous guys...=(
my show isnt gonna be as fun....im'a cry, damn...
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:14 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
prolifik

Embryo:

I was on the right side of the stage all night, and homedude came up right behind me all causing a ruckus. If it was the same guy you're talking about, he was all having this obnoxious shouting-dialogue with one of his associates who was riding his coattails to the front of the crowd, and he looked like the big guy from ICP without the makeup. I don't know what ever happened to him that night.

I'm hecksa tall too and I was in the front.. but I'm thin and I tried to haunch down a bit so I wasn't blocking everybody's view. I might have talked to some of you, I was wearing a hoodie and a expos hat.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:29 pm
argot

hahaaaaaaaa  Reply with quote  

That was a great fucking show. I was in the second row... Manic and i almost had to regulate some suckas. Bad shit. Ill post later.

Peas
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:32 pm
penelope

Faaannntastic! Tight! Intense! Live!

Yup, I was there.. but unfortunately I didn't meet any of you...(my bad) At the last minute 3 of my neighbours decided to come with and see what Sage is all about... they send Props too!.. (being that they'd never heard of Sage before sittin' in my car!)

Thanks Sage!.. worth the late nights, long drives and frazzled nerves from people drinkin' in my car!
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:39 pm
Embryo

Prolifik: yeah, i don't know - he had reddish hair and a big ol goatee and he was wearing one of those Paul Xan jerseys. He had no qualms about blatantly shoving people aside - like when, after giving up trying to move me out of the way, he tried to squeeze into the front-most row (Against the barrier) and just fucking smooshed people into each other on his left side. Those people (my friends) made enough noise about it (mostly things like "ughhgh" and "ahhh!!!") that he backed off and gave up. That was as far as he tried to advance.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:41 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next