Search
Register
Just returned home from the Washington DC protest. Wow.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Llamasex

If anyone is interested in the story about the "count" of protestors here is a decent page

http://www.metafilter.com/comments.mefi/22931
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:35 am
maxamillion

Aren't you americans afraid that your media is turned into a super propaganda machine that's even bigger and better than goebels could ever have dreamed of?!?!
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:43 am
Jesus Frank

An interesting thing on this note that I heard talks of yesterday:

A "human shield" is being prepared in protest of this coming war. People from all over the world are getting together, planning to go to Iraq, acting just as that; human shields. This should prevent Bush from going through with it. Right?

I think it's a very cool initiative. If anyone knows more, please post.
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:47 am
maxamillion

~that is a bad idea cause let's not forget that saddam is one of the worst dictators ever. He has to go, the problem is how everything is being done by america and the timing of this sudden holy war.

Plus all the hidden agenda's that are being made behind the scene's, they can't fix Israel and what is their solution: let's make sure the situation gets even more instable!!!! Yeah that will bring world peace!
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:53 am
13Strong

I've just got to say to everyone - especially the Americans - that it gives everyone over here in Britain (or at least everyone who is against the war) so much reassurance to see such massive US opposition to the war...

Well done to you, and anyone else in the world, who has the imagination to criticise the media and not jump on the Bigoted Capitalist bandwagon...

I can't help but feel pretty hopeless though - Sage - this war is not about public opinion - if American, or International, politics was about public opinion, then Gore would be sitting in the Whitehouse right now (although, haha, he'd probably be starting a war as well...). Public opinion doesn't matter for shit in these things - people may not have a price, but Oil does, and that's what is driving this, and almost every other conflict in the middle east...

You all know this of course, but my point (finally) is that it is never enough to have your voice heard only once - think the civil rights movement got anywhere in one protest? We have to fight and fight and fight until our 'representatives' can no longer internationally justify their actions through any motives but their thirst for oil. Business doesn't sleep, and neither does politics, and neither can the protests...

Keep up the good work Sage... you thought maybe about a big collaborative Anti-War gig? You, 1200 Hobos, Goodnight Music, Josh Martinez, and Anticon etc - get together - biggest underground hip hop gig ever - talk about publicity... the only problem would be you might just be preaching to the converted...
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:03 am
crushwhore

i work in the building on the corner of new jersey/new york and m street.
of course since it was saturday, i wasn't there.
but you should have called me sage --- i would have brought you some hot chocolate since i was right around the corner.
amy.
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

maxamillion wrote:
Aren't you americans afraid that your media is turned into a super propaganda machine that's even bigger and better than goebels could ever have dreamed of?!?!

I'm fucking thrilled about it.

Now send me 2 wooden shoes stuffed with hash and don't stand too close to the liberals.
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:32 pm
The Dead Poet

i was visiting SAN FRAN. not even knowing this was going on...it was cool to see that many people out there doing something of use....
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:30 pm
kaytekay

Location: providence, ri. website: http://iam.bmezine.com/?starspud
question.  Reply with quote  

i'm interested in United for Peace & Justice protest going on in NYC february 15th. Sage (or anyone in RI for that matter) where did you find info on the RI part of the organization and the info for buses?
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:12 pm
MessiahCarey

infidelone wrote:
maxamillion wrote:

I'm fucking thrilled about it.

Now send me 2 wooden shoes stuffed with hash and don't stand too close to the liberals.

I'm with him.

- Shane
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:18 pm
maxamillion

I see you guys love to have an open discussion, good arguments!!
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:08 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

kaytekay,
this was taken from the other post:

"WE ARE TAKING MONEY FOR SEATS ON THE BUS TO NYC FOR THE DEMONSTRATION ON THE 15TH, HIT ME UP!!

The MANICexpressive Hotline: 401 261 1700 (community outreach and assistance facilitation 24 hrs.-f.cking-day!!)"
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:26 am
kaytekay

Location: providence, ri. website: http://iam.bmezine.com/?starspud

awesome! thanks so much.
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:14 pm
Prontoid

just reading through this.....

thats wack how the media misrepresented the turn out.....although not surprising....

the same thing happened a few months ago with the big Anti-War march/demonstration down here in Australia....

i remember listening to talk back radio the next day and lots of protestors were ringing up in disgust at the media's misrepresentation of the turnout....

oh well....props to sage, inhaler...and any others that showed up.....

peeshe
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:46 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3