Search
Register
Slug and Dibbs dissin Anticon
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sarcastro

I cried in the middle of reading Slug's message...thank you.

I loved GLU, and Felt, but not so much Murs, keep making music for us listeners who prefer the movie over reading the book, or reading in general.

yaaaaaaaay, im the first Slug dickrider on this board, i feel special.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:11 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

its because your 'deep' isnt it???

:D
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:15 pm
tim

blech. neverrrrrmind.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:20 pm
Cas Sidious

didnt read that interview yet! but if you made it to any of the 'God Loves Ugly' tour im sure you noticed the blatant diss. i saw this show more than once and it was made clear each time.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:51 pm
futuristxen

Slug, keep doing what your doing. Their's some kids in fayetteville arkansas who had their minds blown with a good time when you and maclethal went there, because of that they went and saw sage in Oklahoma City--I personally liked god loves ugly--but I think your hardwork on touring has really shown some kids a great time and made some people have fun and be happy and also expect more out of a live show. I brought some skeptics to the show you had in New Orleans and from Brother Ali's first set to the rest of you guys last set they were blown away--and that was with you rocking the hurt voice.

I think nonmessage board people tended to really like god loves ugly. So yeah, don't take this shit seriously. Keep up the hard work cause it does bring a little bit of happiness.

Good luck with your and Sage's battle of the bands--that's fucking amazing heirospecs and gruvis malt, Sage and Slug--gonna be crazy. Makes me want to endure colder winters.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:10 pm
valerie

Sarcastro wrote:
I cried in the middle of reading Slug's message...thank you.

yaaaaaaaay, im the first Slug dickrider on this board, i feel special.

Oh well, you're not alone pal, i'm sure sooner or later i will be stamped as one of Slug's dickriders... more than likely right about now.

I've read many articles/interviews with/about Slug & in some he has been nice and in others, like the one posted here, he did come off as an "arrogant asshole" to some extent, but nice or "arrogant," there's no doubt that he's been humorous in all of them, which for me Slug's humor makes me overlook the arrogance by far. The humor also leads me to believe that Slug isn't as arrogant as he may seem in an interview.

Oh yes, and then there is that one thing Slug does that makes me really not care to damn much about any interview... man... what was it again? Oh yeah! It just so happens that Slug is an awesome emcee and has made a few good albums. I don't give a damn what anyone says, Atmosphere's sound is for me, Slug is awesome. So maybe "God Loves Ugly" wasn't the best album ever put out, but it was still damn good. But no matter, i am not going to sit here & argue my point because the fact is that everyone has their own taste and if you think anything put out by anyone is crap, then to each his own.

Just a little side note: There was a thread on ughh.com where it came up that "Nothing but Sunshine" wasn't a true story, and i know exactly what you're talking about because some people were like, "I can't believe that's not true, i'm disapointed in Slug...", stuff to that effect; personally, when i found out that the song wasn't autobiographical i thought it was great that you could take a story in your mind, make it into a rhyme, put it over a beat, and make it as real and emotional as it would be if it really did happen. I think the story, whether true or not, is a good one, & i also think the point the track makes, which is (as i read Slug put it in yet another article) that you can't blame "your upbringing for the fact that you're an asshole," is a really good point. Also, i thought it was pretty pleasant to find out that such things didn't actually happen to your parents.

Alright, so i think that's enough jibberish for what i'm sure is my official "Slug dickrider" post... Paz.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

who really cares how someone acts in an interview if i ever got interviewed for something<which i probbly never will> it would be fun to act like an ass or be arrogant then watch people bitch about it @ a msg board......

slug makes music i can enjoy

if y ou dont like him why even post on a thread like this......

just my 3 pennies

peace
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:45 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

how has slug had 12 posts for the 3 or 4 posts he made on this thread..... :?: :?: :?:
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:57 pm
SmoothScienz

Im not gonna sit here and get on the dick with the rest of ya. BUT I truly enjoy slugs music. He tackles issues that I relate to... substance abuse, relationships, aspirations, and love for music. He has hit millions more but I think that his messages are usually deep but he doesn't convalute(sp.) his raps with fancy wording thats purpose is pretty much just to flex and impressive vocabulary or discourage fans who dont have immense vocabularys. I saw him on the god loves ugly tour and he puts on an amazing show. I will admit that Apon reading a couple of his interviews that he seemed pretty arrogant and seemed like he didn't enjoy connecting with his fans. I then saw him live at the black cat and talked with him breifly before the show and he was totally different than I had pictured him.

I sound pretty gay. Just expressing my opinion though because I dont like most anticon members cause they just lose the message in the artistry sometimes, which is all good to some, but i'd rather hit a topic right on the head with a rap than sound smart.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:09 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

Quote:

Slug : Hey, get the mic over him, fuck hum ! Primer is about that girl I used to sleep with.
Dibbs : (My sister)

Slug : And her boyfriend.

Dibbs : (My brother). They filmed the Gumball, based on Ohio.

funny shit......
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:26 pm
the evil twin

Quote:

it's real.
it's "deep"
it's music.
it's stupid.
it's the caffeine (sorry, couldn't help it)

bwaahahahahhahahhahahHhhhHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAh

i DO love slug and you can lick it if you want to........
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:53 pm
Path

seandaley wrote:
ok
re-read it.
no prick shit.

only people i was a prick to was path and myself.

do you get mad when people diss path or me? if so, i understand why you think i'm a prick.

and i'm warmed to know that you are looking out for us (path and myself).

your pal
-sean

lol..

hello there slug. i'm glad you remember me.

the thing is man, why do you even do interviews if youre going to talk like that... people do take what you say literally.

I didnt mean you DISSED sole per se, but damn, why make fun of anticon like that even if youre kidding... do you see them doing interviews saying "Fuck rhymesayers" or some shit?

I am hardly an anticon fan as a label, i like stuff here or there... your last album in my opinion was well put together (the star tribune seems to agree i guess since it was on the cover of variety last week), but innovative? no... but maybe you're sick of innovating already.

Don't take me as someone who wishes death on you or whatever, i liked alot of your earlier work and went and saw one of your shows... but i'm kind of losing respect for you watching you post on the net... performers need a little bit of mistique... you get it?

to anyone else who dissed me for being a newjack... i HAVE been picking up older artists, and trying to absorb all that material , thats why im not on some gay hip hop message board posting all the time anymore.

thanks.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:01 pm
Path

oh and slug...

your latest posts... thanks for them.

seriously, in all your posts on HHI i havent seen you actually write out a reply to anyone... and this is the first time ive actually seen you write what you think.

props to you for it.

dont count me as a hater anymore...

to anyone else in this thread who'll never say anything bad to an artist, you're the ones who are riding dicks. I was just being honest.
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:07 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

i choose not to say anything because i can respect any artist for putting an effort into an album and having there distrubution deal get to more than 10 people.....wether or not its good is irrelavent

<edit>
i am a slug fan but i dont ride cock

Last edited by mortalthoughts on Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:10 pm
Awww mn

hmmmm...  Reply with quote  

i'm not going to jump on the bandwagon here and ride yr dick. but if this is really slug, then i appreciate yr surprisingly humble response.

the interview was a big turn off, thought you should know. i know you were joking but that kind of frat humor is such a waste to me. Why? reading that type of stuff could dishearten a female fan who A) is one of the few who are NOT one of yr many groupies B) thought yr music (ford 1 and 2) was pretty emotionally raw, sincere, and touchcing.

But reading that interview, you came off as a misogynist and i can't stand men who come off like they view every woman as some sort of conquest. I'm not accusing you but ya came off that way. And I'm not exactly a feminist here cause...well i'm not gonna descriibe my personality and my proclivities...i'm just not, so please don't write me off as a feminist...or worse, a participator in this SLUG vs ANTICON supposed beef.

I saw you play at the Knitting Factory in the summer of 2001 when i was visiting, BY ACCIDENT. That was one of the best hip hop shows I've been too, until the two blond chicks jumped on stage and starting pole dancing or whateva. Point is, yr perfomance turned me on (not sexually, hush with that shit) because it was sincere and uninhibited and not not not about posturing. Then I saw you in SF months later and there was like a line of giggly blondes, braless lookin' like they're smuggling tic tacs just waiting to suck you off. I'm not saying it's yr groupies turn me off of yr music, but that interview kinda just adds to the lore and makes yr music seem phony, n'ah mean?

I'm sure you are a swell guy in person, but i just want to remind you of your female fans out there. respect that there are some out there who like your music and won't go to a show with the ulterior motive to fuck you
Post Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:38 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next