Register
evolution vs creationism
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Adamantium

we all have questions
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:21 pm
Laydee

nope. my whole life people been telling me what my questions possed to be. my whole life they answered em. now. i dont give a shit. i dont have questions. i have aspirations. regardless.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:34 pm
August Spies

"I am merely stating a fact"

sorry to burst your bubble laydee but you apparently are merely saying nothing nicely.

Quote:

people need to believe that god is out there that this fucked up world can be saved and whatnot. some need to believe hes not there so they can do what the they want and not feel guilty.

The only way this would have relevance is if you are implyhing that people are automatically, by some inherent nature, going to believe in X, Y, or Z. That it is predestination or whatever.

This is, of course, silly. If this were true we would always ahve the same number of athiests, agnostics, christians and everyone else. If this were true, then there would have ALWAYS been a signifacant number of athiests and agnostics.

if you meant something else, then again, what is the point you are attempting to make? what are you trying to add to the debate?
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
August Spies

laydee:

again:

a baby isnt born with beliefs its taught beliefs. or it learns new ones or it rebels and doesnt give a shit.

way to cover all the bases (and this seems to contradict early statments).
Okay so people can be tought things, or learn things, or rebels against all establsihed ones.

point?
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:52 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MessiahCarey

Celph_Writeous wrote:
look i'm gonna help all you kids out and share with yall the meaning of life,....dont dwell on the answers(as all of you doing in this thread),just live in the question,....simple as that,LIVE IN THE QUESTION! peace

Buddhism at its finest.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:54 pm
Adamantium

word Messiah. Now i'm actually not a buddhist,my beliefs actually steam from alot of different sources,but buddhism is indeed one of the main sources =0)
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:14 pm
Laydee

wow. i definatly dont have the patience for this debating bullshit. sorry if im coming off offensively. im finished with this. peace.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:15 pm
August Spies

debating bullshit? yeah I guess its a lot easier to say vacant things and not have to clarify them or back them up.

but again, what would be the point?
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:21 pm
tinkleDRINKER

i just wanted to say that anyone who thinks that evolution, as defined by darwin, is not ture (scientifically speaking) is a moron who is looking in the face of at least 75 years of data, supporting the existence of biological evoulution, and saying - ah i don't believe that!
as most of you already pointed out science and logic are not founded on a universal truth and are based in probabilities derived from abduction, but, i mean what the fuck! to say that evolution is not probable is just plain silly! even the catholic church is on board (microevolution).
Darwins point was: through random gentic mutations, single biological systems acqiuire traits that allow them to propagate in thier niche and those with the best ability to propagate will breed the weaker systems out (please pardon the stripped down version). how can you say that it is not true!
wether or not god exists is a metaphysical question that is seperate from wether evoultion exists! you can believe in god and evolution, why not! can any person really claim to know gods will?

Last edited by tinkleDRINKER on Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:47 pm
sequence

lots of ground to cover, lots of ground....

1) the initial question. It should be blatantly obvious that evolution in some form or another has occurred, I won't even start on this, but the issue of what happened before the big bang, who the fuck knows? Saying that time is infinite is in fact wrong, as time only exists with regards to perceivers or objects standing in a certain relationship to one another. It is important to keep in mind that the way we consider time is entirely a human creation.

2) religion vs. political system. These are the same thing in many ways, they both serve to provide definitions and give our lives some sort of narrative structure, I believe they are arbitrary.

fuck I have to eat, never mind.....
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:52 pm
tinkleDRINKER

Quote:

Saying that time is infinite is in fact wrong, as time only exists with regards to perceivers or objects standing in a certain relationship to one another. It is important to keep in mind that the way we consider time is entirely a human creation.

respect!
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:55 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

sequence wrote:
lots of ground to cover, lots of ground....

1) the initial question. It should be blatantly obvious that evolution in some form or another has occurred, I won't even start on this, but the issue of what happened before the big bang, who the fuck knows? Saying that time is infinite is in fact wrong, as time only exists with regards to perceivers or objects standing in a certain relationship to one another. It is important to keep in mind that the way we consider time is entirely a human creation.

fuck I have to eat, never mind.....

eh SUBJECTIVE seems to be the word of the day.....
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:15 pm
Petrouchka Rasputin

sequence - interesting point. In traditional Islamic culture, government and religion are inseparable. It's really only in contemporary Western societies that we see anything close to a total division between the two.
Post Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:23 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4