Profile
Search
Register
Log in
evolution vs creationism
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
Laydee



Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 87
Location: peace
 Reply with quote  

everybody needs hope. everybody needs something to believe in and live for. simple as that. nothing more nothing less.
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:00 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
amo1ne



Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 1455
Location: MTL514CANADA
 Reply with quote  

http://www.defjukies.com/djxforums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1483&highlight=aliens
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
August Spies



Joined: 09 Aug 2002
Posts: 1979
Location: D.C.
 Reply with quote  

Laydee:

so how does this explain aethism?

I think religion is far more complicated than that, but thats just me.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ihaveagluegun



Joined: 14 Oct 2002
Posts: 907
Location: Austin, Tx
 Reply with quote  

we weren't created, we didn't eveolve, we just are damnit......
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gerhupsom vanbone



Joined: 03 Jul 2002
Posts: 2697
 Reply with quote  

creationism all the way baby! WOOOOWEEEE!!!!
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
mortalthoughts
LAME KID


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 11613
Location: MI
 Reply with quote  

i wish i could belive that gluegun...but something inside wants to know more....
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:59 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Laydee



Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 87
Location: peace
aethism is a belief  Reply with quote  

people believe that theres no god. they live for worldy things instead of godly things. it still applies.
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
firefly



Joined: 27 Sep 2002
Posts: 3990
Location: Montreal
Re: aethism is a belief  Reply with quote  

Laydee wrote:
people believe that theres no god. they live for worldy things instead of godly things. it still applies.


I was just gonna say that.
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
August Spies



Joined: 09 Aug 2002
Posts: 1979
Location: D.C.
 Reply with quote  

if that is merely what you meant by needing hope I dont' really see what you are trying to add to the debate? what does that say about evolution vs. creationism? what does that prove about the spectrum of things people believe in?
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:31 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Laydee



Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 87
Location: peace
 Reply with quote  

its not only about hope. its about people needing something to believe in. some believe in evol. some in creat. its all the same bullshit. people need to believe that god is out there that this fucked up world can be saved and whatnot. some need to believe hes not there so they can do what the they want and not feel guilty. scientists need something to pick at. people need answers to their fucking questions. and the spectrum. its colorful. a variety of beliefs my love. its all what you wake up in the morning for. and the fact that you believe it makes it real. in your head atleast.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

Laydee wrote:
its not only about hope. its about people needing something to believe in. some believe in evol. some in creat. its all the same bullshit. people need to believe that god is out there that this fucked up world can be saved and whatnot. some need to believe hes not there so they can do what the they want and not feel guilty. scientists need something to pick at. people need answers to their fucking questions. and the spectrum. its colorful. a variety of beliefs my love. its all what you wake up in the morning for. and the fact that you believe it makes it real. in your head atleast.


I defy this.

I don't beleive solely in evolution, and I'm apathetic as to whether it occured or not - technology has stopped the process in humans so why care? We'll never evolve in terms of things like growing wings, etc...because we just made planes instead...we fucked up the whole thing...haha.

I also could give a fuck less if there's a God or not. If there is, I'm sure s/he isn't making up a gigantic list of weird rules for me to adhere to in order to get my spot in heaven....all I gotta do is be a good person and I'm golden...if s/he's going to judge me based on whether I knew they were there, fuck 'em...they could at least make themselves known. Let it be on THEIR conscience (if they have one) when they send a good person to Hell.

I explained that to someone once and they said "God did tell you He existed, it's in the bible."

So I said, "Well if God is that fucking omniscient, doesn't he understand that we might get a little confused down here with all the different shit thrown at us?"

I digress though. Tell me then. What do *I* beleive in?

Bah...answered my own question. I beleive in not treating other people like assholes.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:01 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mortalthoughts
LAME KID


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 11613
Location: MI
 Reply with quote  

MessiahCarey wrote:
Laydee wrote:
its not only about hope. its about people needing something to believe in. some believe in evol. some in creat. its all the same bullshit. people need to believe that god is out there that this fucked up world can be saved and whatnot. some need to believe hes not there so they can do what the they want and not feel guilty. scientists need something to pick at. people need answers to their fucking questions. and the spectrum. its colorful. a variety of beliefs my love. its all what you wake up in the morning for. and the fact that you believe it makes it real. in your head atleast.


I defy this.

I don't beleive solely in evolution, and I'm apathetic as to whether it occured or not - technology has stopped the process in humans so why care? We'll never evolve in terms of things like growing wings, etc...because we just made planes instead...we fucked up the whole thing...haha.

I also could give a fuck less if there's a God or not. If there is, I'm sure s/he isn't making up a gigantic list of weird rules for me to adhere to in order to get my spot in heaven....all I gotta do is be a good person and I'm golden...if s/he's going to judge me based on whether I knew they were there, fuck 'em...they could at least make themselves known. Let it be on THEIR conscience (if they have one) when they send a good person to Hell.

I explained that to someone once and they said "God did tell you He existed, it's in the bible."

So I said, "Well if God is that fucking omniscient, doesn't he understand that we might get a little confused down here with all the different shit thrown at us?"

I digress though. Tell me then. What do *I* beleive in?

Bah...answered my own question. I beleive in not treating other people like assholes.



well put
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:11 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Laydee



Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 87
Location: peace
 Reply with quote  

i really hope that what you believe had nothing to do with implying anything in my direction. because i did not treat anyone like an asshole. i simply answered a question. im not here to tell you your beliefs sweets. so dont ask me. i dont understand why you guys are getting so fucking defensive? im merely stating a fact. whether you want to believe it or not whether you want to take it offensively or not. without reasonable rules and regulations mankind would kill itself off. war and hate produce more rapidly than love and peace. morals arent an instinct you're born with. ur conditioned as you grow. society molds us. and your surroundings teach you. a baby isnt born with beliefs its taught beliefs. or it learns new ones or it rebels and doesnt give a shit. "we are the all singing .all dancing crap of the world". no matter how hard we struggle to be different we're all the same in trying to be different. thats off topic though. all apologies. point is. we all need to believe in something.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Adamantium



Joined: 25 Dec 2002
Posts: 117
Location: L.A
 Reply with quote  

look i'm gonna help all you kids out and share with yall the meaning of life,....dont dwell on the answers(as all of you doing in this thread),just live in the question,....simple as that,LIVE IN THE QUESTION! peace
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Laydee



Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 87
Location: peace
 Reply with quote  

i dont even have questions. heh.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:18 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:59 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon