Search
Register
Sage at Blaze
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Jimmie Ooombar

he is supposed to have an album out on J records next year i believe.

but yes... i don't think he should have gotten past the 2nd round at the blaze battle, yet, oh well... eyedea owned that night easily.
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:50 am
Prontoid

*I was actually there with Eyedea, Abilities, Slug, Aesop Rock, Advizor and I think Cresent Moon was there too.*

ahah and i bet you guys were laughing whole heartedly in the final round as Shells stumbled all over himself....i know i was....and it looked like Eyedea was too ....

hah peeshe
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:31 am
Adamantium

the reason shells stands theres like he has a stick up his ass is because hes clownin as to say hes lookin over you,and I agree,personally im not into shells or his style,but regardless you gotta give props where props is due,the dude did get second place at blaze,and did win the source battle,so obviously hes doing something right(lets also keep in mind that dude is only 19,which isnt really such a big factor,but hey),....I sorta wish young zee would have gotten further in the battle,i'm glad eyedea won tho,hes ill,...it would have nice if sage or adeem would have been up in the mix servin fools as well
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:01 pm
SoundDoctrine

Hey...

Remember that girl who got called out for her pre-writtens and she kept messing up? Then she ran off stage...That was hilarious...They caught up with her and she was crying with her friend...

Silly Girl...
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jesus Frank

I haven't seen that battle, just heard excerpts from it (only the final rounds between Eyedea and Shells).. but the impression I've had after reading reviews of it and so on...... it was not a very good battle in overall. Blaze Battle was a major disappointment. Most emcees SUCKED, except for Eyedea and maybe Prime. Of course, now that is only what I've read and heard.. but from that it doesn't seem like being the runner up in Blaze Battle really is a reason for people to get on his pee-wee.

And for the record.. yes, Shells performance in the finals was kind of laughable at times, if I'll turn into harsch-mode. Little-to-none sense-making and a lot of stumbling around on the words. Bound to get ripped.
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:03 pm
Adamantium

jesus frank,thats silly,how can you possibly say all of the mc's sucked besides eyedea and prime,and you didnt even see the battle? lol ..nah dude,there was defently a handful of ill fuckin MC's in that battle. and for the other person,the chick who was wack as fuck and ran off cryin I think was rilla,..yeah,she was wack
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:36 pm
Jesus Frank

Yeah, I know.. I hoped to make it as clear as possible it was just the impression I've had from reading about it. Sorry if I didn't. But the point I tried to make was that it can't really be THAT prestigeous (and evident that you're great for being a runner-up in it) if it in fact was such lousy competition. Ah, nevermind. Peace
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:44 pm
Adamantium

jesus frank and that opinion of yours would indeed be relevent if you had seen the battle,..but you did not! thanks
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:49 pm
Adamantium

and also from an MC's point of view(me being an MC)to be a runner up in any sort of battle where you have a handfull of mc's going at it is indeed prestigeous
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:51 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Celph,
You are just plain wrong. On many counts.

As for the girl, she actually jumped into the audience to fight the girl who was standing on the side of me because she kept yelling, "You're waaaaaaaack!"

It was great.

That battle was a worse mockery of hiphop than Vanilla Ice. The best man did win, though. Grandmaster Caz asked Eyedea for an autograph afterwards. Tell me that ain't gangsta.
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:48 pm
Still Sick

If I recall, she had a record deal. That's kinda fucked up.

For Sage and whoever attended the battle live, I heard KRS tore up the mic in the beginning to warm up the crowd, but HBO cut it out of their presentation of it. Is that true? And if so, was he as dope as I imagine he would be?
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:05 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

SO MANY THINGS happened that night and HBO didn't show SHIT.

KRS rocked the house, of course.

Shyne performed the same song 3 times because he kept fucking it up and they wanted to get a good take for HBO. No Joke.

Mystikal actually put on an impressive performance at the very end of the night.

3 huge fights broke out in the crowd...one of them cleared the place. This was before the final round. It sounded like gun shots were fired and everyone dashed out of the building. They threatened to cancel the whole event, and I'm surprised they didn't.
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:19 pm
Adamantium

sage dude,how you gonna call me out on being wrong,..I know you arent aware of this but I have a god complex,which is why I feel the need to prove your fans here on this board wrong,for example homeboy saying all the mc's sucked in the battle,..sure,all but 3 or 4 of them did suck,but since he didnt watch the battle,he shouldnt of known that,...see as you may be aware of alot of these internet hiphop fans tend to follow whatever seems to be the trend(much like younger childern do with mtv)and for this reason I feel the need to defend a wack mc like shellz,..umm,my logic is pretty twisted,I guess. And word,that girl was rilla,correct??..she did suck,but word,you had front row seats to see her try and throw down with another girl? that is great,...and I could see how that battle did make a mockery of hiphop,but look on the brighter side,that battle(being aired on mtv)exposed alot of kids to what a battle actually is,..and thats cool. And word,I couldnt fathom having a forefather of this culture(caz)asking me for an autograph,that is indeed one hell of a ma'fucka honer,..f'sho

p.s. have you cought Def Poetry Jam on hbo? im still waiting for the day I watch that and their like,.."reppin rhode island,heres sage francis",..who does the booking for that show,...you should try and get on,that'd be gangsta
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:20 pm
Adamantium

I ment being aired on hbo,..not mtv,..
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:22 pm
Adamantium

and yo STILLSICK,have you seen krs live ever?...I have dosen of times,and he always rock so fuckin hard with so much fuckin engery,..its great,..hands down best stage pressence ever
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:23 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next