Search
Register
A Sage Francis Christmas.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

A Sage Francis Christmas.  Reply with quote  

Jesus wasn't mentioned a single time. Except for the moments when I leaned over to my cousin and said, "Jesus Christ....Jesus Christ...he hatched from a chocolate egg 500 years ago."

My cousin, who is a 17 yr old girl, told me her friend freaked out when she found out we were related. "Oh my god...Sage Francis is your cousin!?" Then that girl called her other friends to let them know.

This resulted in my cousin purchasing Personal Journals, which made her the first person in my family to have a copy of Personal Journals. When she saw her name in the liner notes she freaked out and showed my Aunt...who in turn told the rest of my fucking family about the album.

So this holiday season I had to field a million questions about why none of them have the album.

None of them were satisfied that I made them a special CD mix of all my best songs (some unreleased) with original cover art for each person.

At my step-dad's house, two cousins of mine asked me for an autograph. Little girls.

This is the beginning of the end.

Here's an email I recieved from the girl who took the photo for the cover of Personal Journals:

hey you.
so im opening my presents this morning. I get sweaters, a computers, some cash, toothpaste, then, as i tear the wrapping paper from the next presnet i see your face. ha. my mom put your album(vinal) in a frame and gave it to me for fucking CHRISTMAS. i was like "what the fuck is this?" (with out the swear), and they said that i should get you to sign it. what? i was like, ma, hes my friend, what the hell is he gonna say? "Im your friend, this is weird, best wishes, sage francis"?
best part was, two of my cousins love you so i got barraded by sage francis questions all christmas. this is geting weird.
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:25 am
Sarcastro

this is getting out of hand, next thing we know you're gonna have a p.diddy dance off portion in your next (first) video.
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:44 am
August Spies

word
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fugue

it's quite hilarious to see people get more and more absorbed in the visa season and further and further away from scriptured origins. people are funny. especially religious ones.
i find it comical to watch people celebrate the birth of a boy who's thought to be nailed to a stick in 33&1/2 years time, for going against the grain, reaching for their plastic cards to buy up on materialistic products of little, or no, relevance to the point of the season.
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:15 am
Dan The Manatee

my moms bought me sick of waiting tables for xmas haha the shit was like over 30$ up here in canada. Whys is it so expensive sage? not like it has a thick booklet in it or fancy art just a flimsy cover image and a fairly blank cd.. not that im comlaining
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:08 am
excellrec

pretty weird. The funny thing is, how do all of these people know of you? Must be a local thing, everyone around here knows of slug somewhat. I really dont see why younger girls would dig the music though. If i were a young girl i would think it was trash and be like "ey goober, whats with the trash". But before i get off on a tangent from my previous tangent i hear ya with the explaining and merging personal worlds of music with family and such. My family asks me to play music at the holiday things and theres just no easy way out of it, i stall, and i'll probably continue to stall, until they're all dead, or my little cousins dig me, which is worse?
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:24 am
dorkasaurus

this has nothing to do with a sage francis christmas, but i had to get this out.

my dad spelled my name wrong on the card he gave me that went along with the slipper socks that were too small. how could my dad mispell my name?!! this small, but significant slip up, along with some other unfortunate events effectively ruined my christmas.

and i woke up so happy this morning. aarrrg.
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:47 am
Jesus Frank

Wow. That WAS strange... very odd. But then, who doesn't make mistakes every now and then?

Be forgiving, my love.
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:00 am
MrHourGlass

hmmmmm  Reply with quote  

your dad was probably up at 4 in the morning wrapping that shit for you!

Be thankful.
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 8:14 am
mr self distrukt

who gets toothpaste for christmas?
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 8:45 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

haha I got toothpaste!!!

as for my situation, I really don't think it's a local thing. Especially since I don't cater to the local community at all. Not nearly as much as Slug does.
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:01 am
JessicaKitten

I got a janis joplin box set and a hello kitty calander, aw YEA!
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:20 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SoccerMoM

I got toothpase too...and I also got the greatest gift of all....

The priceless look on my fathers face when he asked my 3 1/2 year old daughter if Santa gave her anything good in her stocking. She stopped, looked up at him and said, "Grampy, mommy bought this stuff at the store, not Santa." My father just stared at her and didn't know what to say.
I laughed and thought to myself, she really did listen to me, the things I can look forward to.

Life was good for a minute.

-N
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:29 am
quasifoto

i got buck's weirdo magnet and love it. also my mother in law got me a sweater that i can use when i become a grandfather. giftsmas can feel painful. it makes me feel selfish and i hate that.
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:26 pm
Mizraim

LMAO, wow, that must have been very embarassing.

This has nothing to do with Christmas, but for some reason your CD's located in the "Rock/Pop" in Newbury Comics.
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next