Search
Register
how can you NOT love G Dub?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

futuristxen

timtablist wrote:
fuckin christ, he didn't even win the election. i blame florida.

A STATE RUN BY HIS FUCKING BROTHER!!!!!!

On another note, has anyone heard of that desktop calendar you can get that has a bush quote for every day of the year? That would probably both make me laugh and cry every morning.
Post Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:33 pm
maxamillion

And some where in Florida votes are still being counted!!!!
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:58 am
Wallet Inspector

Re: SAGE  Reply with quote  

Omnivorous wrote:
you try being president

I don't want to beat this to death because it's obvious you have no idea what you're saying... but not everyone is capable of leading a country (Bush included). That doesn't mean that everyone incapable of leading an entire country shouldn't be able to speak their mind about the leader.

On a different note, anyone know if it's definite that Gore is not running for president? I'm no Gore fan either but please don't make me vote between Bush and John Kerry...
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:35 am
dorkasaurus

congalesa(sp?) rice was originally hired to be dubbya's tutor because he's such an ignorant ass.

can you believe it our president needs a tutor?! i wonder if she's taught him how to read yet.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:01 am
MessiahCarey

Wallet Inspector wrote:
Omnivorous wrote:
you try being president

I don't want to beat this to death because it's obvious you have no idea what you're saying... but not everyone is capable of leading a country (Bush included). That doesn't mean that everyone incapable of leading an entire country shouldn't be able to speak their mind about the leader.

On a different note, anyone know if it's definite that Gore is not running for president? I'm no Gore fan either but please don't make me vote between Bush and John Kerry...

Or worse - Lieberman.

Kerry is a liar, but Lieberman is by far worse.

Peace,
Shane
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:17 am
barlow

timtablist wrote:

Why?

Is that the only state he lost, however controversially?

Blame the Democrats if you want to blame someone, they were the ones that blew it. Florida shouldn't have even affected the outcome.
Ok, so it did, and that sucks, but you do have to ask how they got into a position where by they had to win Florida.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:20 am
Patrick The Elder

Omnivorous wrote:
you try being president, i hate it when people sit here and critizise what bush is doing. its lame. you have no idea what it would be like, and have all these people analysing your every move. well i mean your used to that i guess cause all these non-prophet kids would do anything for you and follow your everyy step. but regardless, your ignorant, you cant say bush isnt doing a good job. maybe he isnt, but you are NO ONE to make that assumption.

I have every right to criticize Bush, that's what democracy is!
If the MEDIA and the public would have been less concerned with who sucked Clinton's dick and more interested in what was wrong with our foreign policy we might not be in the place we are in.
But since you probably spout the political ideals of your father, there is really no point in trying to debate you.

The only advice I have for you is read and make your own mind up.

There is only one reason (above all) that GW runs our country, You Fuc*ers didn't vote. Plain and simple. There are by far more registered democrats in this country but they didn't vote.
Are republicans all devils and democrats all saints? Of course not but it's easily decided and known who republicans represent, White, Male, Christian, & Rich. If you are all of these it makes since to vote REP, it's in your best interest. However, me for instance am WHITE, MALE and Christian but I don't vote republican because I understand that I'm not the only person in this country, and I put my vote towards those who claim to represent people in their respective districts regardless of ethnicity, class, and gender.

I agree there needs to be another party but until I see one that doesn't have legalize drugs as one of its top 10 platforms I won't waste my vote, there are much more pressing issues that that.

Bottom line, I don't give two shits who you vote for but for god's sake stay informed during elections and please vote. It's so easy now, most places allow early voting and you can do it the whole month before the election so there is no line. And you can register at any post office or online.

old white people vote, that's why GW is where he is. Non-Whites and the youth are the missing links, you honestly can make a difference. Gore lost by a fraction of a precent (not that he would have been much better) but you see my point.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

barlow wrote:
timtablist wrote:

Why?

Blame the Democrats if you want to blame someone, they were the ones that blew it. Florida shouldn't have even affected the outcome.
Ok, so it did, and that sucks, but you do have to ask how they got into a position where by they had to win Florida.

Look, Bush DIDN'T win the election and Florida IS largely to blame - only not the tens of thousands of black citizens illegally prevented from voting (and blacks in Florida vote 95% Democrat) - but the people in charge of voting there, members of the Republican party who were ordered by Jeb Bush's assistants (and Jebb-o himself) to systematically reduce the black votership through fraudulent felony lists, polling errors in all-black counties and other blatantly unconstitutional methods. Jim Crow is alive and well in Florida - they knew exactly what they were doing, so wake the hell up.

Excellent documentary about this: "Unprecedented: The 2000 (S)Election"
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:41 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pav

Walken, did that shit ACTUALLY happen?? if so.. i'm apalled.. and feeling naive for the fact that I feel appalled..
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:54 pm
Dega

Sarcastro wrote:
Theres a guy who's writing a book on Bush and he wrote that he believes Bush only makes these mistakes and blunders during his speeches when he speaks about things he doesn't care for, and that don't intrest him. But when he's talking about war, or fighting terrorism or anything of that nature he has yet to make a grammatical error or slur words, in fact he comes off as extremely charismatic.

P.S.
I read the article in the Toronto Star (Toronto's biggest paper) so it's not just some dumbass thing I found on the internet.

Did the guy who's writing the book ever think that George W's speeches on war or fighting or whatever could be written by an intelligent person and memorized by Bush?
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:56 pm
Patrick The Elder

ChristopherWalken wrote:
barlow wrote:
timtablist wrote:

Why?

Look, Bush DIDN'T win the election and Florida IS largely to blame - only not the tens of thousands of black citizens illegally prevented from voting (and blacks in Florida vote 95% Democrat) - but the people in charge of voting there, members of the Republican party who were ordered by Jeb Bush's assistants (and Jebb-o himself) to systematically reduce the black votership through fraudulent felony lists, polling errors in all-black counties and other blatantly unconstitutional methods. Jim Crow is alive and well in Florida - they knew exactly what they were doing, so wake the hell up.

Excellent documentary about this: "Unprecedented: The 2000 (S)Election"

Sure some of this happened, it happens everywhere, Vote buying, Dead people voting, polling errors in convenient places, ect.. but it still doesn't change tha fact that many many people didn't vote. Most importantly the African American community, and the youth in general (18-25) so that when shit like this happens, it makes all the difference in the world. And if that weren't enough, after BUSH gets elected and people started bitching, the majority goes and gives him the power few presidents have ever had by voting out a lot of the DEM in the house and Senate and giving the president's party majority rule! This would actually be a good thing with the right president, however in this case it could be a grave mistake!

Nevertheless please stay informed and vote next time, and make everyone you know vote.
In this country we are lucky to get 40-50% of the population to vote, in any other country it's more like 80-90%.

And for the record, Florida, while geographically in the SOUTH, is far from a Southern idealistic state, it's actually very very liberal. Jim Crow has always had very little presents in FL compared to all the others, mainly because most of FL consists of many different Minorities, with African American, Jewish, & Latin folks making up a huge chunk of the population. I would be quicker to blame Masonic and secrete society ties, than Jim Crow, for GW's strange and ironic victory in a liberal state where his brother is GOV.

(I have a degree in Southern History if that matters)
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:16 pm
Royal-T

I didn't read past omni's post so this might have been said but....we have every right to criticize him, and don't give us that bullshit about us trying to be president cause we wouldn't do as good of a job, well obviously man, that's why none of us are running for president, if we were brought up the way bush was and taught as much about politics as he was I'm sure a lot of us would be a much better president but being as no one here has that kinda experience it's obvious. but we still have the right to criticize, that's like saying you can't criticize a producer's beats if you're not a good producer yourself.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:25 pm
firefly

What happend to Ralph Nader???
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:04 pm
Wallet Inspector

He won the mock election in my high school in 2000.

I don't think any of those kids gave it a second thought once they saw his stance on marijuana. (Not like everyone didn't see that coming)

Oh and back to real life... I'm assuming he's continuing to run... should be info on www.nader.org
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:13 pm
August Spies

if voting could change anything it would be illegal.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:56 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next