Search
Register
School me on Sick Of...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

icarus502
kung-pwn master

School me on Sick Of...  Reply with quote  

I haven't heard a "Sick Of" since Sage stopped sending me free copies (i.e. after the first one that was on CD). There's been a lot of talk about them on here. Which should I try to find? How many of them are even out there?
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:04 pm
kevruckus
GOLEM

I like Sick of Waging War a lot. It was the first Sage release I ever bought. I like it even better than PJs. That probably sounds like blasphemy to a lot of people around here. It works pretty well as an album for a compilation. It has enjoyable movie quotes from Blue Velvet, In the Company of Men, and Happiness. It contains "Makeshift Patriot" which is one of Sage's best songs.

Also, "Mourning Aftermath" remains one of my favorite Sage songs. I love the way it is so nakedly emotional (there's that word again) and technically brilliant at the same time. I never tire of that song.
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aor

kevruckus wrote:
I like Sick of Waging War a lot. It was the first Sage release I ever bought. I like it even better than PJs. That probably sounds like blasphemy to a lot of people around here. It works pretty well as an album for a compilation. It has enjoyable movie quotes from Blue Velvet, In the Company of Men, and Happiness. It contains "Makeshift Patriot" which is one of Sage's best songs.

Also, "Mourning Aftermath" remains one of my favorite Sage songs. I love the way it is so nakedly emotional (there's that word again) and technically brilliant at the same time. I never tire of that song.

ha that was the first sage cd i ever bought too.

BUT

I would go with sick of waiting tables

classic material.
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:37 pm
RapCat

Sick of Waiting Tables is still probably my favorite Sage Cd. Drop Bass, I keep calling, Bounce... Some of my favorite songs.

Still Sick is also good, lots of good tracks...

Sick of Waging wars is probably my second favorite of the series, a great mix of a bunch of different stuff.

Sickly Business was cool, kinda hit and miss for me.. I dig all of the old stuff, as well as the lost verse to mainstream,
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:04 am
PHiZ
banned by kHill

Buy them from his mail order store, he always throws in little goodies. For you maybe he will throw in a used jock strap.

So you can be cool like the rest of us.
-PHiZ
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:37 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

I will. I'm just wondering which ones I should get.
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:37 am
novakain
evokes no strong feeling from me.

Sick of Waging War definately. Funny someone should mention a track off it as being one of their favourites. Hang Time is, without a doubt, in my top handful of Sage songs.
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:41 am
marge

Why don't you just get all of them and form your own opinion?

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/strangefamous/
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:23 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PHiZ
banned by kHill

marge wrote:
Why don't you just get all of them and form your own opinion?

That's not how we roll here in non-prophets land. Get in step miss buddy. ;P
-PHiZ
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:51 am
curiousconsortium

i quite like ...urine trouble
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:52 am
BKGSP

Sick of Waiting Tables.....alot of dope stuff on there....Emperor's New Clothing, that track with Slug

I have all of them though and its all good...I wish the tracks for Urine Trouble wouldve been divided better but the new one is like that.....but im not going to spend money on stuff I alread have lol

get all of the Sick of CDs
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:21 am
kevruckus
GOLEM

Urine Trouble, in my opinion, is not one of his best. There are a lot of freestyles where, I don't know if he is just goofing off, Sage isn't at his strongest. He gets outshined by Slug and Apathy and at times just makes me cringe. There are some excellent tracks on there though.
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Urine Trouble and the first one are the only ones that I've owned.

And I don't "buy them all" without getting feedback because I don't buy music that way. And I'm poor.
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:23 pm
Fred/F

I understand and agree, but the way I see it is that the sick of-albums are for the hard core fan base. If you like Sage's music a lot, you'll buy 'em all. They're all equal, all have some weak but also very strong songs... I say get "still sickly business" - it's the best of both worlds - and "road tested", even though it's not a sick-release, but it will rock your fucking socks off.
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:28 pm
busmyGUNZYO

Fred/F wrote:
I understand and agree, but the way I see it is that the sick of-albums are for the hard core fan base. If you like Sage's music a lot, you'll buy 'em all. They're all equal, all have some weak but also very strong songs... I say get "still sickly business" - it's the best of both worlds - and "road tested", even though it's not a sick-release, but it will rock your fucking socks off.

i agree, just as much as the dead poet album blows socks off, lot of the same songs
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:43 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next