Search
Register
The song you first heard that featured Sage Francis?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

kaytekay

Location: providence, ri. website: http://iam.bmezine.com/?starspud

the first sage song i ever heard was on 90.3 when he did narcissist. i was hooked.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:00 pm
Basik70

Drop Bass 12"
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:46 pm
fumbledcalligrophy

whore monger.....still my fav
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:49 pm
just natalie

whore monger - which was classic.
but makeshift patriot was the jaw dropping... "this man deserves a nobel peace prize" song.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:03 am
Dee

I can't remember if I posted in this thread yet...

but Makeshift Patriot
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:58 am
penelope

rewrite was the first track on a cd my ex-boy made for me just before we re-aquainted. yup. i'm the witch. relationship spactacularly crashed again. he moved away and i bought all cds so i'd have my own copies but didn't have them in high-rotation. then my best friend shot himself. they're still in high-rotation and helpin' a lot. thanks Sage.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:33 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

man, every time threads like this come about I am surprised by people's answers.

I am writing a song today that someone five years from now and it will be their introduction to my music. It's insane to think about...like...my past achievements/failures won't exist for people who don't know me...and that's most people, including critics. So they won't know where I'm coming from or where I'm headed or what changes have been made...what styles have been adopted or abandoned.

this leads to people saying a lot of shit that makes me cringe.

But according to your answers, it has proven successful to use as many avenues as I have to get my name out there. Battles, cameos, freestyles, radio appearances, spoken word performances, and...yes, even songs.

ha.

tight

thanks.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:49 am
mikehuntroller

Not exactly sure which song but it was at a live show that I didn't know he was going to be at. People were getting his autograph which I thought was hilarious. He had a small box of product which I should've dug into for some good stuff you can't get now but I didn't want any at the time. I didn't know what the songs were but the next day I heard whore monger sing along and bounce on the radio and went crazy.

Seems like a short time ago.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:10 am
Beep

The first song for me was Bounce then Drop bass, i never really tryed to dig for more sage francis stuff after that, i just liked both those songs then downloaded them, after a while i played them out for myself because i like to do that i guess so i downloaded more songs then i found out about his still sick Cds got those and loved all those freestyles then learned about more Rappers because of that CD umm.. this is more like a life story of sage rather then just me saying bounce and drop bass.. so ill just stop my rambaling

Bounce and Drop bass, Nuff said.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:37 am
sequence

It was whatever the first song on the Sick of Waiting... tape is...although Majority Rule is the first song I really remember from that tape, it was on in the background at a friend of mine's house. When I started paying attention I made him turn it up and start it over again. Then we listened to Bounce over and over again, and I ordered the 12"....

Adam
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:47 am
Asterax

I haven't seen to many Blaze Battles which include Sage Francis.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:21 pm
RapCat

I had downloaded a few songs, then I went to see Sage live and I was hooked, I've bought anything with sage I could get my hands on since. That first show was my first hip hop show and it was still the best show I've ever been to, Sage, Shalem, Sole, Alias, Edan, and Grand Buffet.......whoa.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:32 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3