Search
Register
well..i WAS looking most forward to GREECE. fuck
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

well..i WAS looking most forward to GREECE. fuck  Reply with quote  

did a show in croatia last night.

woke up at 6.50 AM to catch a flight to Athens, Greece

flght delayed.

flight delayed.

flight cancelled.

with my persuasive American aggression, I convinced the man at the ticket counter that I am a very impotant man and it is IMPERATIVE that i make it to GREECE today. So he called around and got me on an alternative flight which won't arriving in Greece until 10 PM.

so i currently have 10 hours to kill and i'm kind of sad. no one to talk to...and Croatia certainly isn't a place to write home about. don't even ask me how i got this free internet service station to work, but it took me 15 minutes to type this damn message.

haven't talked to someone who really understands me for sometime now. spending a lot of hours in my own head. finding some pretty funny stuff there.

can you tell i'm lonely

fuck off
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:00 am
Sfmindtrap2

We love you sage, all the touring will be worth it once u stroll through san francisco lol
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:04 am
Solomon Klepto

Yo Sage  Reply with quote  

How many people, Rocked up to the Show in Croatia? How did they respond to Ya? Are You doin One show in Athens? Greece is My blood line, never been therethough, hopin to get there in 2004 (My travel Year). Im keen to know what You think about the Greek HipHop Scene...
Peace be with...
SK
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:13 am
Jesse

Aw shit, man, are you still going to be able to spend any time there?

I was in greece for two weeks last summer, it was amazing. Are you just playing in Athens or moving around a bit? Athens is probably the only true metropolis I've ever seen with my own eyes in my entire life. I mean, I always thought Toronto was pretty big, coming from Nova Scotia, where Halifax acts big but fits in your pocket... but in Athens, well...

Most of what impressed me in Greece was what I expected to impress me - the sheer age and history of every physical thing around me (even moreso than the fine titties in all the TV commercials). But I spent most of my trip hopping around on different islands, which although crammed with locals, tourists, and the things they need to live, none of it prepared me for the day we climbed up to the Parthenon, and I got to take a really good look over Athens from an elevated vantage point.

I have never conceived of anything so vast and dense. OUTER SPACE isn't this vast in my imagination. The city travels forever in every direction... because it's been thriving and expanding for more time before Jesus was born than after he died. It wasn't just the dingy haze that took my breath away. It was the first time I ever felt that thing people say they feel when they look at the stars, that insignificance.

Maybe someone who's spent a lot of time in cities larger than Halifax won't be affected by it the same way, but if you have any time man I URGE you to climb up to the Parthenon and take a look around. Tourists shouldn't be so bad in November, nor should the baking heat.
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:57 am
eggplant xanadu
try-harderator

Sage  Reply with quote  

That sucks.It's pretty much the same boring shit back home in New England...fucking getting dark at 4,dirt crusted well done snow(not fresh),black ice...and people that dont understand.
Good luck on the rest of your tour.
Peace,
E.X.
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:41 pm
prolifik

I was going to suggest that you find a nice looking lady to show you around the place, but then I realized what I was saying. Croatia isn't exactly famous for it's women. Anyways, GREECE! Hooooo! That's my motherland.

Edit: If you do ever make it to Greece, ya might want to try some real pastitsio, octopodi krasato, or a village salad with crazy olives and an effing block of feta on top. I wouldn't mind going to Greece just for the eats.

Safe travels.
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:57 pm
SergOne

greece is an weird place, my friend went there, couldn't speek greek at all, took some classes stayed for 6 months, and came back to texas with a fucking wife and an accent.....stay there a little longer and you'll have a wife and 6 kids
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JessicaT

I've never really used message boards regularly before. It's pretty cool how you can just find a computer and turn to these people who care about what you have to say. I hope your ten hours (if they are even up yet) go well. There is usually a lot to observe at airports if you sit back and watch.

On a side note, (forgive me if this has been covered in past messages) do your friends call you Paul? I was just thinking that if I made my name "Sage" none of my friends would actually call me that on an everyday basis, unless maybe I became friends with them after it was an established name. Just wondering. Later.
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:33 pm
Dee

If you get a chance in Greece...check out Terror X Crew. Athenian Hip Hop. Rip your fucking socks off! Seriously, its dope shit.
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:55 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to: