Search
Register
Sage Francis could be so much more
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

The Dead Poet

Sage Francis wrote:
How many artists, entertainers, politicians, or ANYBODY in the public eye leave themselves as accessible to people as me?

thats key....i don't see anyother artist, actor, or whatever talking and interacting with fans....this kid is confused if he thinks that Sage should be talking to him all the time like they were best frineds....
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:29 am
Propane

we should all be appreciative of what he does by responding to us although sometimes he responds to fans as if he could exist without them. yes he is full of himself but atleast he does something good.but hey fuck him for all his negative responses. and thanks for all tthe positive.

we love and hate u sage
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:45 am
ihaveagluegun

Sage is dope I dont know how I can express exactly what I think...He is a real person. too much to say...when emotion as such is envoked, I find it hard to explain. just that I appriciate all he does, I expect no more, and would like no less. but he does a lot. thank you very much sage.
As for Sage being full of himself....I don't feel like he is so much that it should be an issue...I mean, do you really think he is as full of it as real american celebrities? there is no comparison. I kinda understand though, if you are a person who thinks a lot in our society it is easy to beocme an elitist. Because you are the wisest person because you are only once ignorant, meaning you recognize your ignorance, where as they are twice ignorant, ignorant of their own ignorance...I think socrates said some shit like that, I'm not taking the credit.
some people actually are more insightful, better with expression, who cares, it's just what happens....uhhh I domnt know if this makes sense...main idea, sage is considerate, insightful, respectable, and cool, I think he deserves a feeling of elitism to an extent.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
darianluv

Other artists actually DO try to interact, but without much success.
Post Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:09 am
Cru Jones

This thread amazes me.

i have never been so affected in a positive way by any other emcee.
i have thrown shows and interacted with lots of people in this little genre of music, and i can say that sage is the most genuine and honest individual out there, although Adverse does come in a close second.
they are real people, anyone who views these artists as superheroes is missing the point.

being honest does involve being rude sometimes.
that's life.
if you want fake performers with phony smiles and handshakes, find a less honest form of music, or get into politics.

Mr. Franklin here has not only caused me to appreciate his already great music more by his input to this site but also reinforced many beliefs i had about the person he is.

NO ONE has ever interacted with their fans like this and i don't see anyone doing it with such grace for a long time.

he is a unique individual that has touched each of us in many different ways, some bad some good, but at least we can honestly say He put in effort.
that is much more than any other emcee is doing.
Post Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:01 pm
maxamillion

^

Amen
Post Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:11 am
mack-mode

Raekhell should be sodomized for making this post.
Post Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:18 am
j ford

whatever rake...  Reply with quote  

I hate when I hear some bullshit about how so and so doesn't give me full respect or attention because I like what he/she does. I get the same kind of crap in my business, which is tattooing. If I run into someone that I've tattooed and don't have time to give them my full attention, or don't take them up on their offer to hang out, than I'm labeled the asshole.

As far as this topic of Sage goes, I see it like this (or any other artist I listen to). I listen to his music because I like his lyrics, and I can listen to the music and appreciate the entire package. It makes me think and personally analyze. I don't listen to it so that I can try and tell Sage what a fan I am, or get some attention from him just because I listen to his stuff. Personally I don't give a shit. If you like what is being said, than listen to it. If you don't, than stop listening. Screw whether or not the person you're listening to cares about you. The fans do help pay the bills for artists, but that doesn't obligate them to have to make you their personal matter.

Break away from the misconseption of having to be recognized. Is it going to make your life better if Sage was to talk to you more? Why don't you find real shit to be bothered by, leave the guy alone and let him do his thing... he's letting you do yours.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:14 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3