Search
Register
Eminem walked 8 Miles thru 3 ft of snow, UPHILL, both ways
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Dee

ugh.

He got less pretentious, that's for damn sure. And a lot funnier.

But the whole thing is stupid. I can take a couple lines from one mic and a couple lines from "one time 4 your mind" and then argue that Stillmatic is better than Illmatic. Doesn't make it true.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:24 am
mack-mode

that's not the case here, that's why I used 3 examples, you did the same thing I did.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:28 am
Dee

You took three examples from three albums. It doesn't matter. That's faulty logic. You can't choose lines and consider it a fair comparison.

And besides that, I think the Infinite verse is craptastic.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:30 am
mack-mode

and you can't grab one line from an album and say that it's wack but you did. the vast majority of his new shit was not as good as his old shit, i could use so many examples but I don't have time to argue with people who only see black and white.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:17 am
SergOne

you people should know that some of the rhymes they were spittin in that "battle" were fucking Paul Barman lines.....SNL isn't trying THAT hard to battle
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:58 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eNDTRoDUCINg

oh yeah, mtv does play dope shit in the background. i hear some dj shadow b/w shows and im like wow maybe i should watch some more mtv.
hey, heres a funny and true story. over the summer vanilla ice actually came here (to fuckin auburn al) and towards the end of the show he wanted to freestyle and asked anyone in the audience to come on stage if they could. now i cant rhyme for shit and dont pretend i can and dont try to either, but i was somewhat drunk and got up there. i didnt see the snl skip but it was prob a lil like it. i sat there for a min and was like yo yo lemme catch that beat, did some master p kinda uhg, headbobbing, and then just said damn man, todd bridges really kicked your ass. he was a lil stunned and it grabbed some laughs. but it was just as funny later hearing him try to "freestyle" talkin shit about me. one of my shining moments in life....
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:33 pm
Dee

Vanilla Ice talked shit about you? Shit.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:05 pm
Sarcastro

will people stop trying to defend Infinte, it was a crappy album, had like two good tracks (Infinite, and I liked the one where he's like "its a rough day...) other than that it was just idiotic. Maxine, and 313 were straight up retarded, No Ones Iller actually makes Bizarre sound like a better rapper, Murder Murder is about as realistic as me saying I pop crystals and fuck bitches and kill their husbands.

the track infinite was great, but also look at the great tracks on his other albums. Also that first verse from The Way I Am is absolutly amazing, that had to be the fuckin verse of the year, and you're putting it down...shame.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:16 pm
praton3030

These Eminem posts are getting old, get over the eminem fans vs. haters fued, it goes back and forth and back and forth, Hell, i could pull a 360 degrre turn on any of your arguements, but the same would happen to me, and then around and around we go.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:20 pm
futuristxen

I love Square Dance, first time I heard it I was in this girls car trying to figure out where all the pot went. And I was like, "This is nice."
It was definitely a "moment" being shared.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:51 pm
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

Fuck 8 Mile and Emimem too  Reply with quote  

8 mile was put out by Universal, which is owned by Vivendi Universal, one of the largest media conglomerates in the world. Vivendi also owns MCA, which owns Interscope, which puts out Eminem's records. Joel Silver, the guy who wrote 8 mile, originally wanted to make a movie that parodied the violence of Eminem's lyrics. Universal said no. They wanted something that would soften Eminem's character and make it more accessible to the mainstream market. They wanted a movie that would quiet a mother's guilt of buying her children the album for Christmas or birthdays. It’s all about money.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:34 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chess match

...  Reply with quote  

i'm a producer myself, however; i know more than one "white emcee" that have all been doin it for years. i know they don't apreciate the emeinem classification and i really hope that this movie doesn't lead to hate towards all unknown white emcees in underground.

8 mile was a joke. eminem rewrote his life and every battle he ever lost into a victory. i think hes really bitter about not winning blaze battle 97 hahaha. i have no love for eminem and the image of hiphop he's portraying. i won't deny that some new ish has been pretty dope though.

i found it really fuckin ironic that he told an opponent in a battle to go home and practice his rhymes in a battle, considering that this is probably exactly what every "emcee" including himself did in this movie.

sorry if anyone has already made these points. i haven't read the whole thread yet.

peace.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:07 pm
mack-mode

Sarcastro wrote:
will people stop trying to defend Infinte, it was a crappy album, had like two good tracks (Infinite, and I liked the one where he's like "its a rough day...) other than that it was just idiotic. Maxine, and 313 were straight up retarded, No Ones Iller actually makes Bizarre sound like a better rapper, Murder Murder is about as realistic as me saying I pop crystals and fuck bitches and kill their husbands.

the track infinite was great, but also look at the great tracks on his other albums. Also that first verse from The Way I Am is absolutly amazing, that had to be the fuckin verse of the year, and you're putting it down...shame.

just wanted to clarify, I'm not saying it was anything special, i'm saying it was better than anything he's released since he started appealing to mainstream. I think "the way I am" sucked. he acts like he's so angry at the world, and hates his fame, it's bullshit.
Post Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:34 am
Dee

Good thing you know first hand that its bullshit.

By the way, I'm listening to "Stimulate" right now, and its easily better than anything on Infinite, including the much-hailed title track.
Post Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:39 am
quasifoto

isn't there an eminem message board somewhere where you all can talk about this shit? how many bullshit threads can we have about this?
Post Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:08 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next