Search
Register
Good People Check: Is this really a diss track to Slug
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

BiPolar Barer

Good People Check: Is this really a diss track to Slug  Reply with quote  

I know this subject has been discussed a ridiculous amount of times but does anyone know if dose has come out and said it is about slug...I could understand if it is.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:29 am
PaigeMaster6

yo  Reply with quote  

a link or some shit would be nice.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:30 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

My question to y'all is:

Do you think it is Dose's place to be criticising Slug's music? Really. They both went in their own extreme direction, but neither has the grounds to be publicly criticising the other man's approach. Not as passionately as this song comes across.

From what I understand, yes...it is about Slug. But it could be about anyone who isn't up to Dose's standards of artistry. Sheeeiiit...I thought it was about ME the first time I heard the damn thing. It's the best song on the album. Go figure...a rap song is appealing.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:39 am
BiPolar Barer

yeah sage i hear yeah...but great songs do that sometimes they attack you and challenge you...yours have on many occasion especially narcissist and i forget the title of the song off personal journals but it starts the one that im with. but hell i am one of those guys who thinks he hosts every psychoses in the book.

Back to the topic...i heard dose was pissed off becasue of the whole murs (living legends) collabo b/c living legends have been known to poke fun or mock anticon and dose thought slug was being a switch coat...i like dose and i like slug...but i think dose's lyrics are a little more poignant than slugs...lordy i love this soap opera ish.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:48 am
amo1ne

Re: yo  Reply with quote  

PaigeMaster6 wrote:
a link or some shit would be nice.

[color]cool im posting in green![color=green]
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:50 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

more poignant or cryptic?

I enjoy both of their material as well, but as far as poignant lyrics go...line for line...I'd have to say Slug will take that one.

Dose masks his words...and quite frankly, often shows that he doesn't have much to say. Or doesn't care to say much...or else you would hear what the hell he is saying.

Slug doesn't mask that shit. He lays it all out on the table. If he doesn't have jack shit to say...he doesn't do it in a way that suggests there is something you're missing.

"If I ever felt I had something to say why would I go over heads and hide it under my belt?" Slug

"NAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh MNNNNNAaaaaaahhhhhh makdjnfunfivjneejhinviovjnvv mnennnnnaaaaaaaaah" Dose
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:54 am
BiPolar Barer

if it is a diss song it seems passive aggressive...why doesnt he just come out and say fuck slug dun...no you are right he is more cryptic and it takes at least for me a lot of time and effort to cultivate his thoughts and words in my futile soil but when the grow they seem to be a lot more poignant than slugs...but i am just talking shit here...i like both of them...slug does hit you right in the face with his lyrics and doses cryptic style seems more passive at first but my pyschoses translates his cryptic message into a very poignant eye opening experience...hahahaha
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:05 am
dense

sage, those are some of dose's dopest lyrics.... good choice to quote.....
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:54 am
mrgillepsie

Certainly  Reply with quote  

I was fortunate enough to see Dose live and while the man is very animated and pretty damn good performer,

he often left me feeling like he was going extra fast to mask having nothing to say.

However this show still remains my all time favorite since Labtekwon and the Shape Shifters were there as well.

It is very closely followed by the Sage/Gentle/Forest Of Pencils show in Deleware recently.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:33 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
215Witness215

Only because i have a VERY hard time deciphering Dose's lyrics. Does anyone happen to have the lyrics to Good People Check? This may actually be a song where Dose's words are actually enunciated, but I still can't make alot of it out. Hook it up
Peace
-witness
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:11 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jaryd

the lyrics are in the cd insert
at least that is where i think i read them...
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:57 am
molasses

215Witness215 wrote:
Only because i have a VERY hard time deciphering Dose's lyrics. Does anyone happen to have the lyrics to Good People Check? This may actually be a song where Dose's words are actually enunciated, but I still can't make alot of it out. Hook it up
Peace
-witness

"bitchassbootleggamuthafuckastealingourtape will get shot"
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 12:42 pm
arlene DAMNIT

Sage Francis wrote:

"NAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh MNNNNNAaaaaaahhhhhh makdjnfunfivjneejhinviovjnvv mnennnnnaaaaaaaaah" Dose

HAHAHAHAHAH
oh god its funny cuz its true.

i love the internet.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:00 pm
sad_town

if dose could put out a song half as good as gods bathroom floor or the woman w/ tatooed hands, etc., i would actually listen to him diss slug. but the fact is that slug is a much better artist, and dose one has no room to diss him in any way. for the most part, DOSE CANNOT RHYME!!!!! and again i will ask this question: who DOESNT anticon have beef with? haha someone please tell me.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:49 pm
mack-mode

listen to it here...

http://hiphopinfinity.com/Multimedia/ram.php?audioid=2290&itemid=1499

i think what dose does sometimes is uses his voice as a sound element part of the song, not meant to be interpreted more than that. which shows his versitility. he's showing he doesn't have to rhyme all the time, which if he does it's top notch.

i don't beleive the song is about slug, it's too general to say, there's not much proof.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:33 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next