Search
Register
The tell me something interesting about your life thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

ChiefColdHands

The tell me something interesting about your life thread  Reply with quote  

you college football buffs remember Randy Kinder, running back for Notre Dame in the early 90's? i dated his little sister for six or seven months. we're still really good friends. which sucks.

i've got a book of short autobiographical/fictional essays coming out....well, when i finish it.

not counting the endless times across town, i moved 9 times in my first 13 years.

i got really drunk one night while watching boxing on HBO. i cant remember if Roy Jones was on or if it was Sugar Shane. anyways, someone got knocked out and i got all hyped up. so i got into a fight with my dresser. it got the best of me, i hit it once and need six stitches. the skin was split open so far i could see the ligaments in my finger move.

I've got mad hair on my ass. i could get corn-rolls or some shit.

my brother has a well known local death/black metal band. and after a few sample listenings he went out and bought personal journals. there was no convincing done on my part, one day he just started talking to me about the booklet and i was like...wait...i never showed you the booklet. it was a cool moment.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:53 am
td3

Interesting stuff about ourselves... hmmmm...maybe ill just brag

I almost died when i was born... i had pnemonia

im a bad speller

i have never drank

im running out of money to put on hip-hop shows in my area...if i lose money on the next show (11-22 = 7L & Esoteric, Massholes, D-tension....plug, plug, plug), then "im on a waiting list for a bench in central park" (- Thirstin Howl III)

I have asthma

I teach and go to school at night

My girlfriend and I have been together for 2.5 years

"I still live with my moms" - Td3 & th3

My brother is in a band "Acacia Strain", they are signed to "DevilHead Records" (same label as "Aftershock"), he is good friends with the members of the band "Shadows Fall", they perform everywhere on the Northeast.... they are very likely to tour Japan soon with perhaps Kittie or Shadows Fall

I had a radio show @ my college for 3 years... i want another one

Ive lived in the same house/same room for 19 years

My parents are recently divorced

cant think of much more without sounding too corney

PEACE
td3

Last edited by td3 on Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:19 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tashya Salad

I work 2 jobs and go to school.
I like art & photography.
I moved out on my own when I was 17.
I live by myself in a little 2 bedroom house that I only pay $450/mo for.
I have my own washer & dryer. (I was VERY excited about this)
I like cooking for people.
I like taking care of people.
I drink a lot of alcohol.
My boyfriend still hangs out with his stripper ex-girlfriend. (Things aren't so perfect anymore.)
I'm really small & clumsy.
I talk too much sometimes.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 9:42 am
Dee

Yeah alcohol!

I'm of irish descent.
People at White University believe that I "think I'm black"
I loved jazz throughout high school. Listened to hip hop since Kriss Kross, which was my first tape.
Chicago rules.
Cubs will win the world series in the next 10 years...see Back to the Future II
I play trumpet
I love Sun Ra
I don't own a single KRS one album. I should be shot. Take away my credentials.
I have been known to spend food money on CDs and go hungry.
Music and women is where its at.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 9:54 am
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

-I am 26 years old
-I'm a picies
-I have a 13 month old son named Jackson
-I live in a big, old farm house with one of my 2 bands, my girl, and my son outside of Annapolis MD, about 20 miles from DC
-I have traveled a lot over the last 6 years for music(as a tech and guitar player)and also as a tech support engineer on fiber optic networks
--the coolest stint I did was in Western Europe for 1 year
-I am heavily tattoo'd
-I like to work out and stay in shape, but have had a hard time doing so since the birth of my son
-I need to buy a new car, I hate cars
-I have a digital studio that I spend more time troubleshooting than recording in
-I once collected 12 points on my drives licence in the same week and got a lawyer to get me off with just 1 point
-the night I got my first car I was arrested for Possession of weed and the car was impounded
-My first love cheated on me and turned me into the bitter kind of guy that you do not want to be with
-I don't think that sex and relationship have a damn thing to do with each other
-I think I should be able to fuck anyone I want to without anyone else's feelings getting hurt
--damn that bitch fucked me up
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:06 am
Reggie

In high school, I rapped with a Polish kid named Lucas, a guy on bass guitar that was classically trained, and a cokehead drummer. We called ourselves "NYC Tribe." Try as I might, I can't remember one syllable from the dozens of raps we made.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:12 am
Dee

Man, fuck illmitch, I want a CD of that^
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:15 am
themanifestdestiny

I swear it seems interesting  Reply with quote  

Last time I got drunk (Friday after Halloween) I almost died. Stopped breathing a couple times. Drank like a liter of Fleischman's. I'm still all fucked up and scabby from falling over all the time and having my sorry ass drug home.

Last week my dad (lives in a town of 4000 people) found a drunk kid sleeping in his car in our garage. Kid was wrapped up in a blanket with his pants around his ankles, all wet and shit. When my dad told me I could only picture myself.

And most importantly!!!! Last night I was watching "Airborne!" on the Disney channel with my roomates and one was like "fuck, dude! Jack Black is in this movie, but he's totally G-rated" Next scene (on the Disney channel) Jack Black comes in and says "shit man, I guess we just had you all wrong." Shit wasn't bleeped or anything. I thought I was going to die. Funniest thing ever. Check this movie out with like 45 minutes left in it. It's so worth your time to see that shit.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:14 am
ONE.

hmmm.. interesting? not really, but it's life..

my parents were addicted to drugs during childhood. They lived on the streets for a couple years. My mom tells me the story about getting McDonalds after not having eaten for a week and it being the best thing ever. She was full after one bite.

My dad died of an overdose. I remember my mom telling me on Halloween night, and the only thing I could think of was comforting her.. I remember trying not to cry and telling her "it was going to be ok". I moved 10 different times before I made it to my current town in 6th grade. I listened to Run DMC, the Beastie Boys, Fat Boys, etc. No one else did here.. I thought I was tough and I got jumped by hooligans for it.

I started getting into coke. It was my dad's drug of choice. I started selling it to keep up my habit, and to afford my adidas suits, kangol hats, and other "hip" apparel. I was heavy into it when my best friend knocked me out at a party one night... I had the worst/trippiest/most surreal dream ever, and it changed my life forever. I never touched coke again... I didn't touch any drugs until I met a girl I really liked and she got me back into it. She left me and I fucked up.

I haven't touched any illegal drugs since.. I drink occasionaly.. I almost died 3 times from coke and alcohol. My dad was an alcoholic also, but I "control" myself. My mom remarried a guy who was the most anal asshole to walk the earth. His name is "Dante", I should have known something was up. He made her miserable, and me as well.I met a girl I thought I loved. I moved out one night when I was 18 and on my lunch break. He threw me down the stairs and I called the cops.. that was it. I have worked at a tech company since graduation... that's 6 years now. It was Hewlett Packard, now it's Agilent.

The girl and I were together 6 years. We got married and 6 months later she broke my heart and left me. I was crushed. I called my mom, and that phone call haunts me to this day.. all she could say, while balling her eyes out was "I wish I could take this pain away from you". I tear up to this day when I think about this call.

Almost 2 months later I moved on. I realized it was for the better and decided to have some fun. I asked a girl out at the coffee stand at my work. She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and we are together to this day.

My 20 year old sister has a 9 month old daughter who is the cutest baby I have ever seen.

I live on my own. I have a 2 bedroom apartment that I pay $1k for a month. My mom makes less money than I do and I one day plan on helping her more than she will expect. I work 45-60 hour weeks to keep things together. I run a web site that is getting bigger by the day. We are going to throw a Sage Francis show coming up soon.

I am a busy person and sometimes I want to just sit and watch the A-Team, and Miami Vice.

I am 24.

peaces.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:15 pm
td3

One. - nice 100th post

your life would make a good movie

glad to see you mad it through everything and didnt fall victim to the cycle

td3
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shapeshifter

<<glad to see you mad it through everything and didnt fall victim to the cycle >>

I completely agree, that is quite the life.

I personally dont have any truly horrific stories from my childhood. The drama that ensued was mom and pops fighting incessantly, and an alcoholic grandfather that tended to mix things up. He was in Vietnam and constantly would have flashbacks. Hence my strong aversion to war (and for many other reasons), I witnessed many of them. I live at school at Umass Lowell. I am studying Psychology/Philosophy. I am very spiritual (not religious) and am a Reiki Practitioner (energy healing). I ride and train horses and work out/run and rock climb. I am a B-girl and love breakdancing when I actually find people around here to do it with. I have been writing since 7th grade, but didn't truly get exposed to underground hip hop and spoken word until I moved to school. Ulowell is very diverse and cultural, so I'm eating that right up. I am 23, I am an Aries, and I am a senior in college. When I get out, I go get my masters and I want to become a therapist. Hmmm what else...I just got a love for life, and I'm always looking for answers and wisdom, meaning. My mind is always wrapping itself around something, and that can be a pain in the butt, but you learn to keep it under control.
I am a writer as well and write mostly stuff about political issues, basically social injustice, human injustice...so that's a summary of me in a nutshell..my hip hop influences that I favor are Eyedea, Atmosphere; Slug, Sage Francis (Duh), and I also dig Esoteric and Binary Star. There are more to list but that's what I'm looking at now. I'm looking into female emcees, so I'll have to check into who are the good ones to look into.
So yah thas me!

~Michelle
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:55 pm
August Spies

This is not interesting. Nor do I think its cool.
But if anyone saw that veyr popular and very stupid show "The Batchelor".... the main guy was my first cousin. Sexy no?
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:10 pm
Sarcastro

August Spies wrote:
This is not interesting. Nor do I think its cool.
But if anyone saw that veyr popular and very stupid show "The Batchelor".... the main guy was my first cousin. Sexy no?

did he marry the girl that won
we are talkin about bachelor 1 right, not the new troy aikman look-a-like guy this year, right?
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:13 pm
ONE.

td3, Visionary11..

thanks guys.. I refuse to fall victim to bullshit..

You guys have some interesting lives and stories to read about.

(oh, and that was my 100th post! yay!)
peaces.
;)
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:33 pm
califunky

i have never had a very difficult life. i was an only child for 10 years. my parents were poor but they spoiled me until they got rich and they could really spoil me. everyone has always told me how smart i am. i am not as smart as i seem but i think i am smarter. there was a time when i worked hard and thought i was a good person. now i know better.

i went to college. it was lots of fun. i wasted every opportunity i encountered there. i did lots of drugs. i met my girlfriend.

now i am in japan. i teach english. i want to fuck my 16 year old students.

i am a bad person. when i say this to people, they insist i am not. they say i am nice, and i am. they do not know me very well because i am the best liar i have ever met (with the possible exception of my father). i lie constantly. i lie to myself most of all.

i cheat on my girlfriend. i smoke. i do drugs when i can. people who love me do not know this. the only people i am honest with are those who do not know me. like you. i want this to come back to haunt me.

i love my family. i love art. music makes me a different person for a little while. i used to be creative. i wish i was still. i wish i could either embrace or shun the evil within myself. i am not strong enough to do either. yet.

c
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:46 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next