Search
Register
The Afterparty was the Jump Off....
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

td3

The Afterparty was the Jump Off....  Reply with quote  

haha,

na, it was dope of Jarred and Sage to hook that up though....me and my boy just got back home now (7:40am) without any sleep tonight and i dont plan on going to sleep because i have many things to do today (ugh!)....

DOPE performance....well worth the 2 hour drive.... couldnt have asked for a better show and overall night...Sage, Jarred, Joey Beats, Jezuz, Grand Buffett, and many others were more than nice to myself and everyone else, thank you.

PEACE
td3
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wallet Inspector

Haha. Me and my 2 friends were the last 3 people at the apartment this morning cus we stayed and played baseball with a piece of wood and a tinfoil ball, among other fun tinfoil activities (in the street). We'll have pics of the stupid shit we did this morning.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:42 am
baffle since birth

dag  Reply with quote  

Bounced right home after the show .Just curious about how the after party was .Would have like to go and cypher and shit but crew wanted sleep and a 2.5 hour drive home was made instantly.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:25 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Wallet inspector,
you got me laughing out loud, man. hahaaaa. yes. thanks.
i can't wait to see the pictures.

If I could have properly warned people of the "afterparty" situation I would have. It may be a little late now but here it goes:
Cement floor.
tin foil.
in the worst part of Providence.
a one foot radio with skipping cd features.
no drink or food.
lots of social deviants sitting against a wall unsure of how to interact outside of a messageboard.

:-)
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:51 pm
SeventyFive

Haha yea Wallet, we gotta get that shit developed soon. Who knew a piece of a broken cabinet from the side of the street and a roll of tinfoil could provide countless hours of fun?
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:03 pm
mr self distrukt

i actually liked jarred's place.  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:

in the worst part of Providence.

funny.
as i was leavin the spot at 3:30 in the morning to catch a cab, i was just walkin down to the corner and these two cops stopped me, askin "what are YOU thinking?"
i said, "uh, i'm lookin for a cab back to the airport."
they just started laughin at me and said to stay there, they'll call me one.
then they started clownin me for "wearin that plaid shirt and your napsack" and how i'd "make trouble for myself lookin like that around here."

cops suck. but i was very tired and sick of walkin all day... so i just decided to sit at the curb and wait... got one a few minutes later.
landed back in chicago at 7:30AM sunday.
and went to bed a little later, after only 30 hours straight without any sleep.

it was a great show and thanks to everyone i met...
especially for not lookin at me too strangely when i said i where i came from.

-bob from chicago
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:43 am
JOEYBEATS

YES!!!!  Reply with quote  

I'm dying from laughter over here...wooo. Bob, that story is too fuckin funny.

I'll offer a few of my own in regard to the roughness of the area.

1) I was mooching multiple servings of td3's gummy worms so I decided to head to the store and get some for myself. I get out of the loft, take 100 steps and I see Jack from Grand Buffet and Shalem walking with a bunch of bags. I say "yo which way to the store?" They're like yo...do not troop there for self...definitely bring a friend. I thought they were messing with me but they were dead up serious.

2) I eventually travel to the same spot with Sage. In the store we see cutie from Fla. (I'm terrible with names). This dude walks up to her, looks straight at her ass, and is like "yeah, you're looking real good right about now." Dude was like 300 lbs; I thought he was going to try stuffing her down his throat for a late night snack. The middle eastern dude behind the counter was trying to kick it with her...I wish I could somehow effectively interpolate his game on the board. A security guard behind me in line was straight staring at her ass...but not in the quick glance and look away sense...he was straight gawking. Her and I were exchanging words every so often, we're about the same age so I could've been her boyfriend or relative and they still didn't give a fuck. Outside, I was waiting for Sage to come out of the store and I was still with homegirl. The 300lber tries kicking game again. Then his boy, who asked sage for change earlier, started trying to spit at her.

Awww man, my story sucks but it's good. If I only had photos of each situation man...it was too ill. Those there know the area and can picture what I'm talking about: the setting really is the punchline. HILLARIOUS.

Joe.

Last edited by JOEYBEATS on Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:02 am

td3

hahah Joe...  Reply with quote  

yo, why didnt you come back after you left to go to the store? where you head out to ?? shit got boring at the "afterparty".. i mean, i was talking Lord (from Grand Buffett) and Jarred and a few others, but everyone cleared out and shit got boring.. never-the-less me and GeeQ were chilling there til about 530am, after i helped change Lord's tire.... you shoulda came back though

PEACE
td3
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:07 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JOEYBEATS

TD3  Reply with quote  

I had to be up at 9 to meet my girlfriend...so I was like nah I'm out.

There are other reasons too...but are really too pathetic or embarassing to cite.

Regardless, it was cool meeting you and everyone else.

Joe.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:12 am

miztash1ttalkah

man, i wish i was there...
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:38 pm
Gee-Q

yeah  Reply with quote  

i stopped at the store today too pick up some gummy worms. i been feindin ever since td3 gave me a green and yellow one.
i just cant stop

peace
GEE_Q
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:03 pm
aye bee sea

yea, kids, "we" really should get those developed. hold up, maybe i will. forgot to bring the camera into the actual show but we put on a fine one of our own. dont forget the fun with the other ball of choice : don't touch the ground, monkey in the middle. much much fun. and no drink or food? true.. but dont leave out the bathroom accommodations haha. pictures on their way..eventually.
-angiWithNoE
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:21 pm
Wallet Inspector

^^Haha yes.

Best thing was early morning after Lord Grunge from GB noticed the flat tire when driving away. He gets under the van and starts taking the spare tire out. After about 25 minutes, the spare finally comes out and he says, "Phase 1, complete." Hilarious, that being the simplest phase of all.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:40 pm

Jump to: