Search
Register
New England in the fall
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

PaigeMaster6

sage...  Reply with quote  

i gotta say...asheville, nc in the autumn is amazing. i've got this really vivid picture of it in my mind and i think you would love it...

it's really interesting imagining things you've seen your entire life...and now...it's not there in front of you...
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:53 am
dorkasaurus

wow. i feel left out. sniff. damn warm west coast weather.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:37 am
califunky

yeah seriously  Reply with quote  

japan has some amazing colors going on in fall, trees that there arent alot of in the states that have supervibrant colors, i look out the windows and the mountains are all red and gold and orange and dusted with snow on top, its fucking amazing...but i realized i hadnt seen the leaves change in like, 5 years cause i had been living in LA, craziness

c
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:25 am
td3

Is Montreal cheap to live in?

td3
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:30 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
firefly

Sweater Weather  Reply with quote  

I LOVE THE FALL! ! ! Not just cause its my birthday and cause of Halloween, I just love the air, the death and the colour. I love how the leaves are a natural manesfestation of how death can be beautiful. I love seeing the leaves cover the whole sidewalk, I just love Fall.

AND a HATE when people complain. "It's too cold, oh, winters a-coming." Ya know, its either too hot, too cold, too wet or too dry. People just like to complain. Why hate of fall though? Just put on a bloody sweater and a hat for fuck sake. With all that complaining, a person never has a chance to enjoy the good moments.

I must agree that Montreal is ideal for this time of year. I can't imagine being anywhere else. You already missed it, but next year go to the Botanical Gardens to see the Chinese Festival of Lanterns. It's absolutely beautiful and a great place to bring a girl to (since its romantic and it only cost 10 bucks). The Mountain is real nice this time of year too.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:50 am
firefly

Well, real estate sucks and taxes are high, but I have have to say that's its only expensive for those who are well off. If you don't have much money you could just mooch off the rich and middle class peoples tax money.

But seriously, I would say that its pretty cheap to live here. The politics suck though.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:53 am
amo1ne

Montreal can be very cheap to live in but it all depends on what style of living comfort you choose. Canadian currency is nearly half that of US so right away your set but you can find rent for very cheap, again depending on where you choose to live. I live in a really nice apartment, most college students don't live like myself but I spend about $1000/month and live in one of the nicest and most accessible districts in the city, it's more upper class but I have friends who have places downtown for like $400/month and you can actually get HUGE duplexes or even condos for like $600/monthly if you choose to live in Lasalle or the West Island or the suburbs. The reason being is that the rent depreciates as you move farther from the central districts so they are still beautifull places to live (sometimes even nicer than the central districts) but you can do so in luxury for half the cost and it's really not that far by bus or metro - 20 min max. public trans & by car about 15.

It's honestly one of the nicest cities I've been to and I've been everywhere in Canada and nearly the entire U.S., Europe and other places as well. It's the most culturally diverse city around and we have one of the sickest club scenes in the world. It's shopping & dining is reminiscant of Europe as there is amazing shops & restaurants which range in cost no matter what district you are in around the city and we are supposedly rated one of the top cities globally for our beautifull women..

Also the nice thing about Montreal is that although it is a huge Metropolis with fancy complexes & massive buildings, if you drive north for about 45-50 min. we have the most beautifull country as well. My parents have a country house on a lake and I drive up there when I'm tired of city life and you can't really do that in most cities. Winter's ill if you snowboard or ski and there's all kinds of shit to do so you can't really get bored. I love Montreal & I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

If you check out Old Montreal by the port, it's totally different also. Each district is is like a different city. Old Montreal is all narrow streets & old stone buildings ranging from the 17th century to the 20th century with boardwalks around the port and all kinds of fancy little bars and jazz lounges & museums. Than there's China Town nearby and Mount Royal which overlooks the whole city, it's all parks and small forests and ill spots to just chill with friends and shit on nice days. Also our downtown strip runs for miles and miles with just stores, arcades, record shops, movie theatres, restaurants and clubs on either side. It's seriously ill, it's lit up all night long and you can find just about anything you want. If your thinking of moving, look into it. The weather is dope, summer's are perfect and since we have the Laurentians so nearby you can always head up north when it gets too hot and contrary to what you might think about Canada, our winters aren't even bad, it's only like 5 hours from New York anyways so it's not like Alaska or anything and the city is actually pretty beautifull when it's snow covered. There's all kinds of christmas trees and shit lit up downtown and it's just really nice, it's not that cold. Our hiphop scene is also doing really nice as well, I've been checking shows every 2 weeks since the summer..

peace.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:03 am
shapeshifter

Re: New England in the fall  Reply with quote  

<<I'd [quote="Sage Francis"]I want to live where it is autumn New England forever.
Any ideas?
The air..the weather...the sky...the trees...the people and their choice of clothes...the seasonal food and drinks...the melancholy.
The trees make me proud for some reason. Such humble brilliance. >>

I hear you on that, I live in New England, and it is damn pretty in the fall...the weather is cool and the air is fresh, most of the people are pretty laid back depending on the area, i'd have to say I like it..
I agree with ya about the trees, what I think is so neat about trees is that they have stood in the same place during so many timer periods and waves of consciousness and mankind...I have one that I lean against outside of my dorm when I write, it's overlooking a big hill and a river, it's so nice right now b/c the grounds are blanketed in leaves. The other night I was sittin there listenin to slug and writin, and I go inside and the security guard tells me to turn around, i'm like what, do you wanna see my tattoo you pervert whaddya want...come to find out there was a slug on my back...kinda like your brick thing..I'm like, is this some sort of wierd joke? Makes ya wonder..I gotta be honest tho I don't think there are any coincidences, so if there isn't, then what do you think your brick coulda meant?

Peace
~M
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:18 am
Jesus Frank

Re: New England in the fall  Reply with quote  

Visionary11 wrote:
The other night I was sittin there listenin to slug and writin, and I go inside and the security guard tells me to turn around, i'm like what, do you wanna see my tattoo you pervert whaddya want...come to find out there was a slug on my back...kinda like your brick thing..

Haha.. that made me smile for some reason.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:23 am
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

pretty colors, buh.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:39 am
MF Deluxe

amano wrote:
amo1ne wrote:
Montreal's fall is much better than Toronto's. Montreal is old and beautifull, we've got the trees and mountains & history, Fall is much iller here. Toronto is ugly & boring as hell.

yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Montreal's one of my fave cities period.

Definitely. I'm moving to Montreal next fall if everything goes well. I can't wait.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:13 am
MessiahCarey

I'll toss in my vote for New England as the dopest place to be in the fall.

Peace,
Shane
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:17 am
penelope

so since fall is a time of change, it's impossible to capture it's beauty... my vote is to collect a selection leaves and laminate them.. stick them to a wall and sit and look at them with a hot cup of apple cider. Tap the maple trees on your street for fun. and don't move out west... fall out west has little foliage and lots of forest fires.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:43 am
PremiseOne

new g-friends  Reply with quote  

As I was growing up in Indiana, I would always get a new girlfriend during
fall. This is not to say that I would break up with my old girlfriend. It
seems that I wouldn't have a g-friend until fall, and after fall was over
with they would dump me again. Needless to say, Fall is my favorite
season. In indiana, we don't have any mountains (hardly any hills), or
oceans. Fall is really the only source of beauty here. It's certainly my
favorite season.
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:08 pm
crushwhore

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!  Reply with quote  

sad_town wrote:
id recommend moving into the shenendoah valley, its really beautiful most of the year...the summers get a little hot and sticky, but fall and spring both last a pretty good while, and winter is cold but pretty. move to berryville va. and we can chill at tastee freez and red apple deli 24/7 sage!

sad town: email me. i chill at the tastee freeze and the red apple deli. well, really wynn's and the big apple amoco. 3 words:
front fucking royal.
i gotta say, finding another sage fan in my county would make me seriously jappy.

ps: sage, he/she is right. come visit. some of the best weather and most beautiful scenery all year round.
it's gorgeous here right now. crisp and multicolored. can't beat autumn in the valley - though i will admit providence was pretty darn nice when i was there a few weeks back...
Post Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next