Search
Register
Esoteric breaks his silence about what happened on 10/31
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

td3

Esoteric breaks his silence about what happened on 10/31  Reply with quote  

november 9th, 2002
First of all, I want to officially endorse Michael Moores "Bowling for Columbine" I havent seen anything as perfectly executed in a long, long time. This is eye-opening shit for any sleeping American. He really, really nails it. How can you go wrong with cartoons linking the KKK to NRA? PLEASE SEE IT.
I wasn't going to address it, but since the stories are getting so twisted, I have no choice. We came down to NY to do a show and let people know that we werent going to stand for any bullshit. Cage got what he deserved. He was online saying I was running my mouth with "no skills to back it" and told me to "tighten up my cadence." I figured someone as "crazy" as Cage wouldn't be so blissfully corny, but I was wrong. Since he was dissing my music, I figured we could battle on stage. That would settle it, and give the fans a show at the same time. Then I read (online, again) that he is planning on "handing out speed knots" So I figured maybe he wants to fight, especially when his hypeman "Copywrizzle" was talking about what is and what isn't "gangsta." Does anyone see the irony in that? For those that didn't, talking shit on a message board is NOT "gangsta"

When Cage popped up behind me in the crowd I challenged him to a battle. He said no. I asked him again. He said no. He still wanted drama though. He got it. I didnt throw any punches, nor did I try. He knows who hit him. There was NO 4 on 1 or 3 on 1 or anything like that. He must have been really fucked up on drugs to think I swung at him. I never went near him, and if this video is floating around, youll eventually see that. No one held his arms back, and if they did, I definitely wouldnt stoop to hitting him while defenseless. No one wanted to hurt him really bad, just remind him not to talk shit when it's not justified. This happened because Cage and Copywrite said personal, untrue shit about my family, popped shit about physically fighting, and dissed us publicly on more than one occasion. I wanted to do it lyrically. They didnt. We came 4 hours from Boston to do a show and let these cats know its not a game. Mission accomplished.

Now to clear up some rumors for the hateful. Pay attention: I didnt grow up rich nor am I rich now. I never went to prep school. My father is not a millionaire. He is a teacher, and has nothing to do with the finances of Brick Records or any other label we have ever been affiliated with. That is just ludicrous, but I understand how haters love to make shit up. I was born in Beverly and currently reside in Boston. I recorded "Speaking Real Words" with Inspectah Deck in person and many of you saw us rock it live together. Youre gonna fuck around and make us do a part 2 (with a video). I cant believe people are still talking about that shit. I also cant believe I have been driven to the point of having to address this pettiness online, but its a real slap in the face when I read things from people that are so untrue. You should all feel silly. Dont believe everything you read online, especially about rap groups and record sales. People from my city know the deal. I am an emcee. I do what an emcee is supposed to do. I try to live up to everything I say on record. I dont talk about guns I dont hold, shit I dont own, or people I dont rob. I talk about what I do. I take no shit, I rip mics, and I battle at the drop of a hat. Thats that. Please stop spreading lies and living in fear. Go out and enjoy yourself. Peace to the High & Mighty, CMJ, S.O.B.'s, and High Times magazine. We are sincerely sorry for fucking up your night.

Be on the lookout for the 7l & Esoteric DVD project that we currently have in the works. This will include videos for Word Association, Headswell, and Mic Mastery, lots of live footage, and a whole bunch of other silly shit.

-Esoteric

AMMENDMENT TO THIS ENTRY:
I wrote all this before I heard the dis track from Cage. My stance has not changed. At first listen I was blown away at how terrible it was. At second listen I was checking for anything deeper than what was on the surface, because I figured there had to be. There was nothing. I tried listening to it a THIRD time but I just couldn't take his voice anymore. I feel bad now because he's self-destructing. Just picture him all mad recording that shit. It's sad. I don't think it's worth a reply but maybe I'll see what 7L has lying around.....

-Esoteric
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amo1ne

Re: Esoteric breaks his silence about what happened on 10/31  Reply with quote  

td3 wrote:
Now to clear up some rumors for the hateful. Pay attention: I didnt grow up rich nor am I rich now.

Your not hiphop unless your poor yo!

Fuck people being successful... unless of course your a rap superstar like Jay Z... but, uh... fuck having accomplished parents who worked hard to achieve their life goals so that they can support a nice lifestyle, that definitely aint hiphop yo!! Fuck that, I'm down cause I'm broke and dress like a slob, fuck people who actually graduated university to get a profession!!
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:22 pm
futuristxen

You know it's funny...not screaming in caps lock and writing in a calm focused manner can REALLY do a lot for an arguement.
I come out of this with more respect for esoteric. this was a much more proffessional response. But I guess Cage is just "craaazy".

that said. I own a cage album. I don't own anything by esoteric.
but his response is going to make me go take a listen at least.

I hope he doesn't do anything further than this. Everything that needs to be said is said now.
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:27 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

this is good.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:00 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I eagerly await a response track.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:07 pm
sinista

To amo1ne: word
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:14 pm
HeavensDevil

I was out of the loop on all these events.....

I am neutral since I am a fan of both Cage and Eso.....both have different music that fits different moods of mine......although the newest Eso ishh is hot and the newer Cage sounds like he is trying to get more commercialized, as i said earlier some of the cats i work with heard me playing it and thought it was unreleased Eminem stuff.

I would like to see this video of the brawl if there is one......and its too bad you couldnt battle on stage.

May i ask what incited all of this?? Why did him and Copywrite start popping junk?? What is all this stemming from???

Peace
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:22 pm
JTP

amo1ne wrote:
td3 wrote:
Now to clear up some rumors for the hateful. Pay attention: I didnt grow up rich nor am I rich now.

Your not hiphop unless your poor yo!

Fuck people being successful... unless of course your a rap superstar like Jay Z... but, uh... fuck having accomplished parents who worked hard to achieve their life goals so that they can support a nice lifestyle, that definitely aint hiphop yo!! Fuck that, I'm down cause I'm broke and dress like a slob, fuck people who actually graduated university to get a profession!!

You kind of twisted stuff here. Hope you realize that.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:27 pm
td3

i hope no kids that want to impress Cage by starting shit or jumping 7L or Esoteric, come to my show on Nov.22nd

im already beefing up security because you never know... especially with these crazy message board fuckers

"i punched Esoteric!!! Cage, can we hang out?"

td3
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HeavensDevil

How long ago did you guys record '54' together?

Peace
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:34 pm
sad_town

mc esoteric is definitely operating correctly, i feel what he is sayin is more accurate than cages' argument...why wouldnt cage battle him? thats all i want to know really.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:15 pm
td3

MC Scorpion wrote:
How long ago did you guys record '54' together?

Peace

who are you talking to>?

td3
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:53 pm
HeavensDevil

Myself apparently. for some reason i thought you were Esoteric, my bad.

I need to start getting more sleep sorry.

Peace lol
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:00 pm
amo1ne

thought pauper wrote:

No, I dont think so. Morons are always trying to diss Eso by saying his parents are wealthy or something, like that's even something someone should be embarassed about. I just think it's stupid, like why does social status have any relevance to how hard soemone is or how hiphop someone is or anything like that. it pisses me off.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:31 pm
JTP

amo1ne wrote:
thought pauper wrote:

No, I dont think so. Morons are always trying to diss Eso by saying his parents are wealthy or something, like that's even something someone should be embarassed about. I just think it's stupid, like why does social status have any relevance to how hard soemone is or how hiphop someone is or anything like that. it pisses me off.

Oh, I get you now. Sorry I was looking at your post from a completely different angle. My bad!

Play on playa.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:24 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next