Search
Register
By the time I get to Arizona (quick review of my 3 shows)
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

By the time I get to Arizona (quick review of my 3 shows)  Reply with quote  

Since I saw just ONE post about my THREE shows in Arizona, I would like to take this time to thank the people who brought me out. Mike and the rest of the Drunken Immortal crew. Very cool people.

The shows were fun. The first one was in Flagstaff. The people were drunk and unruly...kinda cool. By the end of my set two girls had made their way on stage and danced to such juggy hits as "Inherited Scars" and Runaways."

When I kicked them off stage one of them wouldn't leave. When I asked her what her name was she said "Natalie." So I let her stay.

The next day we played in Tuscon. This was in a big theater. A good amount of people showed up. The stage was HUGE. I ran laps around it while rapping. Having fun with cordless mics. Someone made me a painting and gave it to me. Very cool.

The last show was in Tempe, just outside of Pheonix. This was the best show of all. I actually saw some people I knew at this show which was very nice. And like the previous two shows, all the groups really handled their business and rocked the crowd. Squid opened up. Then Drunken Immortals (live band with two MCs and a DJ) and then me. The crowd was great.
Yet again, I had female accompaniment on stage. This time is was for Eviciton Notice. We slowdanced through the whole song til I pushed her off stage with my foot. I can't help it if my songs make you wanna shake your ass.

peace to Mike, Dusty, Jay and everyone else I hung out with over the last 4 days. I got some good writing done in the process. peace.
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:07 am
amo1ne

haha why won't you do any Canadian shows damnit!
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:12 am
Jesus Frank

Re: By the time I get to Arizona (quick review of my 3 shows  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
I had female accompaniment on stage. This time is was for Eviciton Notice. We slowdanced through the whole song til I pushed her off stage with my foot.

HAAAAA!!!!!
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:26 am
mr self distrukt

Re: By the time I get to Arizona (quick review of my 3 shows  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:
danced to such juggy hits as "Inherited Scars"

"But you dropped anchor in a place where dreams go to die and you're keeping your ass indoors."
SHAKE IT!
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:38 am
Couille De Gnou

Yeah, you could pretty much have shot the video for Eviction Notice that day, the girl knew the song exactly, and shouted at the right times and it looked very cool.

Makeshift Patriot was sung by the whole crowd, and again, it could have been the video for the track, when Sage stood on his chair adressing his crowd, "the flag shop is outta stock, I hang myself in half mast".

So to those who didn't know yet, go and see Sage on stage, it is definitely worth the money you put into it.
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:42 pm
amo1ne

Couille De Gnou wrote:
go and see Sage on stage

OMG dude you just rhymed!! woop woop!!
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:11 pm
PHIL LACIO AKA P DAWG
the godfather of troll

Sage really coud have just directed her off stage instead of mashing his foot into her chest. Some people were appauled. I thought it was kinda tight.

another cool point was when he took a guys camcorder and rapped into it I would like to see that footage

If I had known they would allow camcorders I would have brought mine dammit
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:54 pm
DOMMER

yo  Reply with quote  

Sage- I have a question about the Drunken Immortals. I never heard of them EVER until my boy from high school calls me and tells me this kid we grew up with is in a hip hop band called "Drunken immortals". I havent had a chance to see this kid in about 5 years. Can you tell me if a kid name Kris is playing guitar for them? I have been trying to get in touch with him but havent been able to. Let me know
thanks
Dom
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:59 pm
Couille De Gnou

I don't know their names, but the guy playing the guitar had a funky mask at the beginning of the show, then he got rid of it;
I'll see these guys on the 30th at the Awol One Show, I can ask them if Sage doesn't know.
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:06 am
Pickster One

AZ shows!!!!  Reply with quote  

Sage those 4 days were fun, You really opened me up to alot of view points these last few days.
Hope pittsburg is dope!
by the way Chris Hill is the guitarist for the drunken Immortals. peep out these AZ websites...
www.drunkenimmortals.com
www.turntableband.com
www.universatilemusic.com

peace out...Picks
p.s. if you want to get ahold of Chris Hill. email me and we can make that happen.
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:15 am
mattyb

Quote:

another cool point was when he took a guys camcorder and rapped into it I would like to see that footage

Yeah that was rad. I wish I would have brought my digital cam but I was waaaaaay too excited about the show to remember its existence.

The first groups did do a really good job of rocking the crowd and warming everyone up. Then you rocked my tube socks off, Sage. Thank you. Lookng forward to next time.
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:24 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

amo1ne wrote:
haha why won't you do any Canadian shows damnit!

an artist makes alot of money from selling merchandise..
sage's music is so dope, he can't smuggle it through customs..
so, it's not a smart financial move to books shows in canada..
in conclusion..... Canada sucks!
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:07 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I've done plenty of shows in Canada.

Y'all need some promoters though.

no one has ever brought me out to do a show.
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:35 pm
gerhupsom vanbone

amo1ne wrote:
Couille De Gnou wrote:
go and see Sage on stage

OMG dude you just rhymed!! woop woop!!

Dude! do I fucking know you?

Me and my friends do this rhyme alert thing that whenever someone says a rhyme unintentionally we go whoop whoop.
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:59 pm
amo1ne

DOOD THAT'S ME!! I'M YOUR FRIEND THAT YOU PLAY THAT GAME WITH!! OMG POG WOOP WOOP!!!
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:37 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next