Search
Register
peta supporting Burger King
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

darianluv

idk, it just seems like a vegetarian diet is all around healthier and more efficient. But i'm not judging anyone.

-Flogg the dawlphin-
You are a genious. With an IQ as superior as yours its too bad that you come across as such an idiot. Thank you for making me laugh.
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:16 am
futuristxen

I would say I am selfish about meat. I like to eat food that tastes good to me. I hate far too many vegetables, to my discredit.

I mean...what do vegans eat? Are there any vegans who don't like vegetables? I mean it's not even an issue of just not liking it, there are some vegetables that make me gag and/or throw up.

And according to my english proffessor there is a diffrence between Midget and Dwarf. I made the same mistake as far as thinking they were interchangable.

And Paul Barman fucks up Masta Ace's Disposable Arts album for me--otherwise I would never have to hit the skip button.

"I'm just practicing my freesties..." Barman is a clown, and not in a good clown way--more of a making a mockery of things and not knowing he is. . .

let's see...I think that's most of the threads in here...Oh..and what Shane said made me laugh(the thing with the corporate sabotage).
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:55 am
dorkasaurus

dude. i went to the little people of america web site. under the section frequently asked questions, they say that the term midget refers to a more proportional dwarf. the site also stated that the term was coined when side shows were big business. therefore the term midget has negative associations for little people.

i'm going to believe the little people.

p.s. i like to eat meat, but as a rule i stay away from little people.
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:16 am
califunky

dork is hilarious  Reply with quote  

always manages to make me laugh my ass off...shit (and yeah, the technical term is dwarfism, it is a genetic condition whose precise name i can almost remember. midgets are generally refered to as smaller people who do not have this genetic condition)

meat tastes good. taste is an evolutionary trait. things taste good because they are of value nutritionally (i mean how the calories can be used for survival) sugar is very good, animal fat is very good, meat is very good, but as someone previously stated, the ability of primates to find and consume those types of things is usually rare (which also contributes to why they taste so good) so it digests differently and when you eat too much of any of these things they are bad for you.

that being said, a high meat diet is extremely wasteful, the best argument a vegetarian has ever said to me was that for every serving of beef you could feed 400 people with the grain consumed by that cow. But i like beef, it is tasty and it is ok to eat it occasionaly.

on another note, i grew up in a rural area, have been to the chicken "ranch" where they kill 900,000 chickens a day, reprocess the feathers, bones, feet and skin and refeed it to the other chickens...i have seen veal pens and just like cartman said, those tortured little baby cows looked tender and delicious...i am a heartlessand arrogant bastard, i will continue to eat meat because i like it and because we are at the top of the fucking food chain. i do not apologize.

c

and Flogg, IQ tests are worthless indicators of intelligence, i have met people with IQs of 180 that couldnt find their ass with both hands, let alone produce a creative thought...why don't we just measure dicks instead?
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:17 am
darianluv

I don't like meat. I remember being forced to eat meatloaf and puking all over the place. I am forever scarred.
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:12 am
August Spies

"a high meat diet is extremely wasteful, the best argument a vegetarian has ever said to me was that for every serving of beef you could feed 400 people with the grain consumed by that cow. "

I actually always thought this was the worst vegan argument. Because it has no basis in reality. Yes, on a theoretical level you can make many times more grain than beef (we learned this in bio 101) but in REALITY we have more than enough food to feed everyone, we burn extra grain in this country and many others.

THe problem of hungar and food distrobution is ECONOMIC not DIETARY. I promise you going vegan or vegetarian will not feed 400 starving africans.

IMHO the only vegan argument that ever struck me was the enviormental argument, meat... or at least the beef industry, really fucks up the enviorment.
Post Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:19 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5