Search
Register
Bad Brains..
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

sequence

wait a minute...  Reply with quote  

....now I'm pissed, I saw you said that I let Rolling Stone tell me what the greatest HC records of all time were....ughh, I'd punch you if you were in my vicinity. I've been listening to and playing in hardcore bands for 10 years plus and you can eat my shit....you're opinion means nothing, besides you were sticking up for Paul Barman, foolish.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:33 pm
August Spies

I second the His Hero is Gone type bands (tragedy, from ashes rise, etc...) and Catharsis (also Zegota)

Have you ever heard Face Down in Shit? stupid name, but rockin band.

-tion? never heard of them. I have to say I take the opposite stance as you. I enjoy bands like DS-13 live, I think they are made to have fun at show to, but on record... its just boring and repetative. Bands like City of Caterpiller or Orchid do such interesting stuff that it keeps me engaged while listening.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Flogg The Dawlphin

sequence... Regarding Paul Barman, I will stand by NELLY and JUVENILE strictly as entertainers. If you can't feel songs like "I Got That Fire" or "Ride With Me", then you clearly have no sense of rhythm, and chances are you only interact with girls on the internet.

regarding your playing hardcore for 10 years... that's great, i started listening to punk and hardcore about 10 years ago and have been playing for bands for several years, including my current band which i have been playing with for 4.

the thing is, like underground rap, hardcore is a very elitist culture, and it pissed me off to the point where i couldn't listen to it anymore. so now i produce rap and play in a pop punk band.

i know you will make fun of pop punk, but whatever, it sounds better, and i can get away with just calling it rock and roll, so i don't have to worry about hearing shit from hardcore/punk kids, who are snobby assholes.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:45 pm
August Spies

you rap and play in pop-punk bands and think hardcore kids are elitist? well whatever, that discussion will lead nowhere. I definilty disagree having interacted with all those types.

As for pop-punk sounding better.... Only in the way Nelly "sound better" than Aesop Rock or Adema "sounds better" than Emperor or Andrew WK "sounds better" than fugazi....

that shit is EASY to listen to. It simple, fomulaic and something peopel can passivly accept. Its easier music,... but personally with VERY few exceptions I think punkish-pop (pop-punk is a misnomer) sounds like complete shit. All those mall punk bands are as bad as limp biscuit in my book.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amano

august spies..  Reply with quote  

I prolly got a lotta rekkids I can sell ya that're jus collectin dust in my crates. If ya want, I'll try n get up a list soon.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:43 pm
August Spies

Amano, im totally down... didn't you tell me this 2 months ago though? ha, well tell me when you get that lsit.
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:46 pm
Flogg The Dawlphin

didn't i just say that i play pop punk so i can label it plain old "rock" and avoid any kind of elitism? what's wrong with shit that's easy to listen to? i love aesop rock's music, but sometimes i'm just in the mood for shit that doesn't require a psych textbook to interpret.

btw, about rap and pop punk kids being more elitist than hardcore kids...
how come hardcore kids are only willing to associate with other kids who are equally or more "hardcore" than themselves?
Post Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:14 pm
duck_shoe

If that was the case, I wouldn't be posting on this hip-hop forum, would I? I also wouldn't have spent last Saturday listening to Aesop and playing checkers with members of a local hardcore band and their friend who makes electronic music. Sheesh. For someone who complains about people being elitist, you sure like to stereotype. In all of my years of involvement with the scene, I have never ever encountered these people you speak of.

xI'MMOREHARDCORETHANYOU,FUCKER!x
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:27 am
amano

August Spies wrote:
Amano, im totally down... didn't you tell me this 2 months ago though? ha, well tell me when you get that lsit.

yeah I know, hehe I'm really lazy with that ish. I really wanna wait til I get all my 45/7"s back from my old apt in NY so I can sort out what I want n don't want out of em.

but I got some interesting ish that I held onto from the early/mid 90s that ya might be interested in for sure. If I ever get the list together, I'll e-mail ya with it.

anyone else for that matter, if yer interested, I'll let'cha know on this forum when I do get a list together. I'd appreciate cause I could REALLY use the money and they're jus collectin dust in my crate, I'd rather em go to someone who'll listen to em rather than take up space in my room. hehe
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:48 am
August Spies

"how come hardcore kids are only willing to associate with other kids who are equally or more "hardcore" than themselves?"

uh.... Not a single one of my close friends at collage listens to hardcore/punk/metal music. There are lots of hardcore kids here, and I know them somewhat, but I certainly don't strive to only have out with HC kids...

HOWEVER, I will say that if by hardcore you mean HARDCORE hardcore, tough guy madball stuff... a lot of those kids are elitist. But its only that one clique as far as I can tell.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:09 am
Flogg The Dawlphin

"a lot of those kids are elitist"

thank you, have a nice day.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:54 pm
August Spies

yes... but like I said thats one little hardcore clique, not nearly as elitist as most punk-pop kids I know. Shit some pop-punker was telling me I don't listen to "real" punk. Since when did blink 182 become real punk?! geez.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:11 pm
darianluv

I like bad brains musicly, but I don't really like 90% of the vocals.

I dislike all "pop-punk" and "soft-punk." uck.. and sex pistols blow ass too. I never got into the hardcore scene, that never really did anything for me. but i love "real" punk. ohh yes, I love that ish.

"Blood on on my arms! (guitar-dadada), proves that i am alive (dadada), scari-fication is what proves my morality, so fuck your unwritten rules, and make reality bleed."
Post Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:40 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2