Search
Register
peta supporting Burger King
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

quasifoto

peta supporting Burger King  Reply with quote  

so what's everyone think of Peta promoting veggie burgers at Burger King?
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:57 pm
Abinatra

.  Reply with quote  

a step back
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:59 pm
just natalie

Pro, because it is nice to finally see fast food that i could eat.
But then again, they are supporting a company that promotes big beef pattys & crap... so then again... i don't know.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:17 pm
dox

well look at the promotional aspect... this could bring your cause to a greater amount of people
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:25 pm
MessiahCarey

Re: .  Reply with quote  

Abinatra wrote:
a step back

I can't agree.

It's worth it to show positive encouragement of these products. They keep track of how many veggie burgers they buy. Then if they find that presenting a viable alternative is worth money, they'll pursue it. That's the goal, is it not? I mean...I definately see where you're coming from...I wouldn't stop doing what I've been doing lately:

Go through the drive through of your local McDonald's or Burger King and order some french fries and an obscure burger WITHOUT meat (I choose a big mac with extra pickels, add ketchup and mustard, extra lettuce and no onion - hold the meat). When you get home, call them and complain that they screwed up your order (they probably did anyway...). They have coupons that they mail unhappy drive-through customers for:

Any size free soda
Any size free burger
Any size free fries

Take this coupon to the next cloned building with the same insignia and cash it in for the most expensive items you can find - but don't buy anything extra giving them any extra money (yes, these coupons include tax).

Take the burger and DO NOT LOSE EYE CONTACT WITH THE MAN WHO GAVE IT TO YOU. STARE AT HIM AND FORCE HIS ATTENTION AS YOU SLOWLY WALK TOWARDS THE GARBAGE CAN. THROW THE MCCOLONCANCER MEAL AWAY AND LEAVE. Still staring, of course.

Whatever. I'm bored. That rarely happens.

And yes...I know that my scheme is pointless. But it was fun.

Peace,
Luke Skywalker
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:38 pm
quasifoto

shane- nice to see you support economic sabotage! seriously. but i think that them offering veggie burgers is a good option for their customers. i am not one of them though. but i can see people who go there trying them and that being a step in the right direction, exposing new people to meat alternatives everyday. but i don't agree with Peta supporting them. at least not them specifically. it's just kinda weird.

gotta go catch a movie, i'll add more later.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:08 pm
dabinduppes

have you tasted the veggie whopper......yech

all about Garden brand biyatch....

and Boca sucks the fat one too.

peta's crazy
Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:13 am
Flogg The Dawlphin

I can't believe you people.  Reply with quote  

You are all self-rightous, spoiled assholes.

You order shit from a restaurant, then throw it out just to piss of the establishment? I'm glad you don't like meat, but maybe some people do, and maybe some people don't have a choice. Why not take your free burger and give it to a homeless person?

There are humans dying of hunger all over the world, and you're bent out of shape because some cows and sheep are getting killed for food? Personally, I wish more cows and sheep could get killed so we could provide free food to the poor.

Why are vegans and straight edgers such pushy assholes when it comes to their beliefs?
Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:39 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

further evidence that vegetarianism, as typified by most of its american practicioners and liberal advocacy groups like peta, is mere feel-good lifestyle moralism offers little vision for a qualitative break from a generally exploitative [of all species] way of life.

peta is to animal liberation as the naacp is to black liberation. both kowtowing to big business so much that any marginally positive effects they had in the beginning are eclipsed by shallow feelgood politics. now vegetarians- target audience- can maintain a moral highground with the utmost convenience in a blissfully ignorant, monocultural, environmentally destructive, and [same as it ever was] animal exploitative fast food environment.

william hazlitt, as we know, wrote that "man is the only animal that laughs."* if the other creatures could, they'd laugh at peta for their utter irresponsibility and ineffectiveness.
oh yeah and peta could've atleast made them make their bread vegan before endorsing their sandwich. weak!

*several other animals laugh but the quote works.

Last edited by icarus502 on Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:50 am
RealJustice

flogg - sit back, snarf a burger and chill out.
right on icarus.
Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:52 am
Flogg The Dawlphin

you're a cunt. the lack of aminos and protein has clearly taken its toll on you.

i don't care if you're a vegetarian or vegan. that's perfectly fine-- your lifestyle is your choice. but why do you care so much about other people? why impose your ridiculous beliefs on others? who cares if not eating meat makes people happy, even if they are supporting a big evil corporation? do you honestly think that if you cry enough about it, these evil corporations will go away? at least these "feel good" groups are making people feel good about themselves, as superficial as they are. like, what more do you want than a lot of people feeling good? that's awesome, and i commend peta for making people a little bit happier about what they are eating, even though i completely disagree with vegetarianism.

get a life.
Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:57 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

flogg,
you are beneath comment.
peace.
Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:06 am
Flogg The Dawlphin

why?
Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:08 am
Flogg The Dawlphin

i'm perfectly cool with you being a vegan. how come vegans can't be cool about other people eating meat?

and why is this question so beneath your comment?
Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:09 am
FoNiKs

I am Vegan and I have always thought Peta is more or less a self rightiouse hypocritical crock of shit.
Post Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:43 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next