Search
Register
SAGE IN NEWARK, DELAWARE TOMORROW 10/24!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Cabell

props to all who performed tonight  Reply with quote  

Fuse0ne and folks nice show, Sage you the man!! I took some pics and will post as soon as I can upload them to the net. See you all at Swarthmore tomorrow, get there early to get in!!!

DJ Cabell
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:23 am
mrgillepsie

???  Reply with quote  

Definitely a very nice show.

Everyone was on point.

More details to come
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:11 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

I was there. First time seeing Sage. It was really cool to see him in that tiny little place. I showed up late(had to drive from Annapolis)and missed MAkeshift. That pissed me off a little. Also, the system wouldn't have been considered sufficent on a small boat. It's rap music. I need to feel that shit. The crowd had dirty dipers.

Besides those very obvious and trite complaints, it was well worth the hour and a half drive to watch sage bitch the frat-dork fuck with the beer and smoke who was tryin to raise the roof or whatever. The Broken Robot boy in the red sweater who just had to be up front to annoy everyone.(including his clueless girlfriend) The unfortunate part about this was that Sage ended up rapping to this kid for a decent portion of the show. The motherfucker just demanded attention. I was so surprised(after all the stories I've read here) that Sage didn't slap that bitch. I could just see the ticker runnin through his head like..."don't do it.....not again....we don't want people to be afraid of us........don't do it......AH FUCK IT!!!!!!!!!" WACK!!!!!

Well --anyway, great time had by my three freinds and I. Did I see American Pepper up in the house? Indie rockers are soooo sexy. Peace
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:11 am
FuseONE

.  Reply with quote  

the system's fine, it's just trying to get the sound man to turn it up is futile. it was much louder during our set i think, cause we told him to turn it up a few times.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:43 am
djmed

shhoot i missed it  Reply with quote  

shoot i missed it...why wasnt this a sticky ??? so people could see it ont he message boards...

damsnalfkjasldjflkasdjflkjasl;kdl;kasdf;laskfd
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:48 am
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

Re: .  Reply with quote  

FuseONE wrote:
the system's fine, it's just trying to get the sound man to turn it up is futile. it was much louder during our set i think, cause we told him to turn it up a few times.

O.k. O.k. didn't mean to shit on the venue, it was just frustrating because the crowd(and me) had a hard time getting into it and I think it was because the shit was at the level of a mouse fart.

Damn soundmen always fuckin shit up.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:11 am
mrgillepsie

HAHA  Reply with quote  

I think Infedel was standing beside me.

You a big dude with goatee?

This cat kept yelling MakeShift towards the end of the set.

Then he settled for Climbing Trees.

You should have been there for Forest of Pencils those cats rocked damned nice.

Fortunately when I emailed Sage about the show I misread it and thought the show started at 8.

I thought I was late ended up standing for 2 1/2 hours waiting for it to start.

Probably for the best since the drive from DC was long as hell.

Plus I got to see Forest do sound check which was cool.

Had to take a nap behind a 7-11 driving home.

Was definitely worth it.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:17 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Varick_Pyr

even tho Newark is so evil that i spent a half-hour driving around its one-way streets, it was a great show. Forest of Pencils definately killed it. Fuse-One is surprisingly dope live (fuse still sucks tho, haha). Delorean killed it with his acapella at the end. and Sage, of course, wrecked it. such a small place, too. i'm used to seeing him in bigger venues, but it was a small, relaxed atmosphere last night which made it dope. I really only went to hear Sage perform 'Runaways', which I didn't think he ever does. but he did. so it made my night. then i got lost in Maryland trying to get back up to Reading, PA. this really weird backwoods guy offered me weird-smelling coffee while he gave me directions. i gave him a CD of my music. great night.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:27 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

Yeah man...I don't feel big, but yeah, and hairy. I had a black jacket with a hood and a stripped collar shirt. The dude yelling for makeshift was my boy, Kahz. Were you the guy that told him it was first?

We were happy with the set, climb trees was a highlight for me, as was runaways.

I missed everything before Sage tho---that kinda blows.
I wanted to see what fuse was all about. I've heard stuff.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:46 am
Jaryd

delorean?  Reply with quote  

say wha?
that was ummmm.../unsung/billy d
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:47 am
FuseONE

.  Reply with quote  

forest of pencils....look for us there next month, i'll let everyone know of course. that was our first time performing as a foursome...it came off pretty well, i was definitely pleased.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:58 am
Varick_Pyr

Re: delorean?  Reply with quote  

Jaryd wrote:
say wha?
that was ummmm.../unsung/billy d

no. i'm almost sure it was delorean. unsung went before him with an acapella.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mrgillepsie

????????  Reply with quote  

nah, I was the guy holding his big ass leather jacket.

To be honest towards the end of Sage's set I was in "just get it over with so I can say I was here" mode.

Sage was dope but even though I had passed him in the club several times before He went on I never really felt compelled to talk to him in any way.

Oppurtune time would have been while talking to Gentle Sage walked up to tell him he liked his set.
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:24 pm
FuseONE

nah i didn't think you were insulting the venue or anything.....
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:36 pm
Jaryd

oh... i didnt know there was anyone other than gentle, fuse, unsung, and sage
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:59 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next