Search
Register
Swathmore
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

RichardWack

Swathmore  Reply with quote  

I just checked atmosphere in philly last night and it was incredible. Much respect to all the artists who came out and ripped it for the crowd not to mention the great shit from dibbs....

Is anyone out there goin to catch sage at swathmore on friday?
The email i sent to the chick in charge was never returned along with some of my friends. If anyone can help me out with a show time or location it would be sweet.....peace
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:28 pm
Aerosal215

show!  Reply with quote  

haha i probly saw you at atmosphere last night man. that shit was real good. they had that pit pretty crazy when dibbs was on. im going to swarthmore tomorrow, go on mapquest and just get driving directions to the college or to the town of swarthmore. some kids were handing out flyers for it last night which kinda made me mad because they were probably fake flyers and not approved by anyone at the collage. anyway i dont have any info on it really so sorry. if you make it there ill probly see you and not know who you are...peace
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:16 pm
Buttafly

the show starts at 10. Limited space for non-students. It's at the olde club on campus by the tennis courts.
That is all the info I have.

hope it helps.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:21 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

jesus, you've got more info than me.

these people at Swathmore have been less than pleasant to deal with thusfar
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:22 pm
Buttafly

Well-I am driving from Va to come up there, so I made sure I got all the info.
It was an ongoing battle for about a month.
I won though.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:27 pm
Plaid

i was all hyped cause i thought the swarthmore show was tonight. come home to see that its really on friday. BOY DID I FEEL SILLY LAUGH OUT LOUD.

see yall playerz there. ill be in the plaid. tall fat kid. lets kick it.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:35 pm
Cabell

i'll be dat  Reply with quote  

yo.....Friday night is gonna be off the hook. Anyone that saw/spoke to at the Atmosphere show (bangin show...slug and dibbs killed it) that kid with orange pants handing out Sage flyers, that was me. The show does start at 10pm but i would recommend arriving early. The show will be packed, and the olde club is a bit compact, but the sound and "atmosphere" of this show will be magical. I spoke to Dos from Parts of Speech at the show last night, he was hyped, im hyped. Sage, swat peeps are difficult but and less than appreciative. I will be setting up the decks around 5pm or so, if u need help/directions from newark etc message me, i have been in close contact with caroline, she asked me to help her out. Hope to see you all there,

Josh Langsam aka Dj Cabell
Haverford College

oh yeah and Aerosal215, those flyers were not only the official flyers, they are the only flyers, I made them to get city heads to come and make the show live.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:42 pm
Czarina

Sage---I've given you directions multiple times! I've told you repeatedly that I'm the person organizing it. I am more than happy to answer your questions and I told you weeks ago to change the contact e-mail. Come on now, I hardly think I've been uncooperative.

Olde Club (the venue) is near our tennis courts. It is connected to another building by a bridgelike structure. We are about 11 miles away from Philly.

Show starts at 10 PM. Come early, the place is small and a lot of people are expected to come. You pay $5 at the door and you are then marked. It's first come, first serve---with the exception of Swarthmore students. Students will be admitted ahead of others if they come before 10.

My e-mail address is cbermud1@swarthmore.edu. I also posted here last week. Feel free to ask questions.

Directions to the college are here: http://www.swarthmore.edu/visitors/directions_maps.html

Caroline
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:15 pm
215Witness215

That Atmosphere show was absolutely ridiculous. I saw you with the flyers, my girl was bout to chase you down, but I figured I'd see you later. After the Sage show on Friday, I'm definitely trying to meet some local cats,(Philly, and that general PA area) because I met some at Atmos, and I'm trying to get a show together sometime next month. I'm probably bringing a bunch of demo CDs to Sage. So I'm hopin to meet some of y'all there. Did anyone hear about all that beef with Arrakis and Dej Jux, when El-P rolled around? Is there any truth to that? Anyways, Peace
-witness
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Varick_Pyr

don't pick on caroline! :(
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Caroline. You gave me directions...to your college. THEN WHAT?

now I know...but just for the record this is the ONLY information you gave me up until now:

Merge onto I-95 S. 164.47 miles 12: Take the I-95 S/CROSS BRONX EXP/I-678 S exit- exit number 6A- towards GEO WASHINGTON BR/WHITESTONE BR. 0.16 miles 13: Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. 0.56 miles 14: Merge onto CROSS BRONX EXWY. 5.41 miles 15: Take LOWER LEVEL GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE. 0.81 miles 16: LOWER LEVEL GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE becomes US-9 S. 0.75 miles 17: Take NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE S towards RT-4. 0.09 miles 18: Take NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE S towards RT-17/GARDEN STATE PARKWAY/I-80. 0.11 miles 19: Take NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE S towards I-80/GARDEN STATE PARKWAY. 0.15 miles 20: Merge onto NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE S (Portions toll). 69.77 miles 21: Take the exit- exit number 6- towards PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE. 1.06 miles 22: Merge onto NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE EXT (Portions toll). 5.19 miles 23: NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE EXT becomes PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE W (Portions toll). 24.75 miles 24: Take the I-476/NORTHEAST EXTENSION EXITS 31 - 131 exit- exit number 333- towards ALLENTOWN/PHILADELPHIA/CHESTER/EXIT S 31 - 131. 0.24 miles 25: Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. 0.25 miles 26: Merge onto PENNSYLVANIA TPKE NORTHEAST EXT (Portions toll). 0.47 miles 27: PENNSYLVANIA TPKE NORTHEAST EXT becomes I-476 S (Portions toll). 16.27 miles 28: Take the exit- exit number 3- towards SWARTHMORE/MEDIA. 0.24 miles 29: Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. 0.04 miles 30: Turn LEFT onto E BALTIMORE PIKE E. 0.60 miles 31: Turn RIGHT onto N SWARTHMORE AVE. 0.12 miles 32: N SWARTHMORE AVE becomes N SWARTHMORE AVE/PA-320. 0.11 miles 33: Turn RIGHT onto N CHESTER RD/PA-320. 0.31 miles 34: Turn RIGHT onto COLLEGE AVE.
Here are directions to the college from Jersey:
>From the New Jersey Turnpike
Take Exit 6 (PA Turnpike) and proceed as directed above "From Pennsylvania
Turnpike, going West."

>From Pennsylvania Turnpike, going West
>From Exit 25A (Norristown) follow signs for I-476 South. Stay on I-476
approx. 17 miles to Exit 3, Swarthmore/Media. At bottom of exit ramp, follow
sign for Swarthmore by turning left onto Baltimore Pike. (See below
for ". . . the rest of the way.")

>From Pennsylvania Turnpike, going East
>From Exit 24 (Valley Forge) take I-76 East (Schuylkill Expressway) about 2
1/2 miles to I-476 South. Take I-476 approx. 13 miles to Exit 3,
Media/Swarthmore. At bottom of exit ramp, follow sign for Swarthmore by
turning left onto Baltimore Pike.

Stay in right lane and in less than 1/4 mile turn right onto Route 320 South
(watch turns on Route 320). Proceed through second light at College Avenue to
the first driveway on your right to visitor parking at the Benjamin West
House. The Benjamin West House is the College's visitor center and has
someone there to hand out maps and directions 24 hours a day.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:37 pm
Czarina

Stay in right lane and in less than 1/4 mile turn right onto Route 320 South
(watch turns on Route 320). Proceed through second light at College Avenue to the first driveway on your right to visitor parking at the Benjamin West House. The Benjamin West House is the College's visitor center and has someone there to hand out maps and directions 24 hours a day.

There are people here in the Benjamin West House who can tell you how to get to Olde Club. From the Benjamin West House, turn onto Chester Avenue and head towards the bridge going towards a pink neon sign that says "Michael's". Then, make a sharp left at the first intersection after the bridge. Soon after that, you make another left past the train station and into the South Entrance (there is a sign that says it's the South Entrance). Go straight and down a little bridge and make a right past the tennis courts. Once you do, look for Olde Club---you'll see an arched pathway connecting it to another building and you'll probably hear loud music blasting.

I think these are decent directions. Let me know if you need more details.
Dos Noun is opening for you as well as Josh aka DJ Cabell (a friend from Haverford). You'll be on about midnight.

Caroline
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:45 pm
Plaid

Shit, Cabell is hella close. I got to haverford high school. YALL CANT STOP ME. those directions look hella confusing. Ill figure it out though. Ill prolly be there alone cause i dont have any friends.
Post Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:37 pm
Plaid

cabell you wanna give me a ride bro.
Post Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:35 pm
Jaryd

yeah  Reply with quote  

see you suckas tonight
hopefully nobody rear-ends me at a red light tonight
i was real pissed i missed last night's show
Post Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:17 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next