Search
Register
TRUCKER HATS
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

admiral

are they really selling "free ODB" hats??? that's the funniest thing ever....
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:41 pm
drol

whoa i didnt know there was such a fuss.  Reply with quote  

i personally am a big fan of trucker hats, if im gonna wear a hat at all.I dont have the "nerd glasses" but i'd say my traditional emo-esque appearance should make up for that.I guess dressing a certain way and liking an alternative style of clothing than what has been labled "the norm" for a particular genre is still enough to make sport of.In my personal opinion, all these various/outrageous( to some) styles of dressing appear to bringing in a larger crowd, because now you dont have to save up for some riidculously priced stylish hip hop gear (which i have nothing against, its just too pricey for me and not my steez) just to see a hip hop show.But what do i know...im just another "keep on truckin'" hat head...I think the reason i really dig seeing kids who dress out of the norm for the music they go see is because it shows people who played "magic" cards in junior high finally get it.You can hang out with a group of people and not everyone one will ask you to "holla back youngin'".Really i just like the diversity it brings.

p.s. however i will not deny that imbeciles come in every brand (or lack there of) of clothing and am in no way defending the dummies.

one of those know-all,anticon-lovin' brown skinned kids who loves the white rap,

drol

KEEP ON TRUCKIN"
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:43 pm
dorkasaurus

on a road trip to the grand canyon with a friend, we stopped at a small town for lunch. it was one of those crossroad towns catering to travellers and truckers. we saw a trucker whose shirt read "truckin' ain't for sissies." i think this mantra also applies to the hats as well. yet, most of those i've seen wearing them would fall under the category of sissy.

all i can say is, "don't do it." there's a reason they're called trucker hats.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:18 pm
GrizzleOne

Trucker Hats  Reply with quote  

I see im a little late on this topic. I wear trucker hats because i think they look cool. There i said it. Everyone likes what they like. I like wearing the ones i wore back in Little League. Ha.
I guess maybe its because I was influenced by my "indie-rock" friends. Thats cool. Oh Well. It does kind of suck that its becoming a trend though.
I have an Aesop Rock trucker hat and I dont wear it cause it feels like shit on my head.
Nothing beats beanies on a cold day!!
Peace,
Grizzle
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:34 pm
crushwhore

all i can say is:
IRON MAIDEN! LONG LIVE GALESBURG.

truckers hats are very 5 minutes ago people. they used to be cool, now they're just everywhere. find your own style.
hint: o-rings.

Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:02 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
td3

Trucker hats are corney... Pharell made that shit blow up

i dont know ONE girl that likes those things

td3
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:26 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dee

admiral wrote:
are they really selling "free ODB" hats??? that's the funniest thing ever....

http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=free_odb

Not trucker hats.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:27 am
Petrouchka Rasputin

I had no idea trucker hats were popular until they came up on this board. I wore one (black+white stripes with a VIA Rail logo) to school two years ago as part of my hobo costume, and won second prize. Do you really want to look like a hobo?
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:51 am
August Spies

IMHO "hip hop" style; huge baggy pants, way fucking huge baggy jersey shirts, huge gold crosses, timberlands, doo-rags, puffy sports jackets, super expensive basketball shoes, etc..

is, without a doubt, the ugliest youth clothing style. The only thing I can think of that might be worse is super-goth kids.

No matter how many people wear emo shit its still going to be an imporvment over typical hip hop shit, which was only cool when it was funny (huge clocks instead of gold jesuses)
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:14 am
Dee

^That's high school hip hop...don't get it twizted.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:46 am
August Spies

I think the style I described is accurate for mainstream hip hop and kids I see at collage here.

however, I should qualify that I think Old School hip hop; Adidas jackets (which im rockin right now) tighter clothes, big clocks and sideways hats kick ass are one of the best styles.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
amano

August Spies wrote:
IMHO "hip hop" style; huge baggy pants, way fucking huge baggy jersey shirts, huge gold crosses, timberlands, doo-rags, puffy sports jackets, super expensive basketball shoes, etc..

is, without a doubt, the ugliest youth clothing style.

that's not hiphop style..

thas just cats tryin to emulate Fabolus's ridiculous lack of fashion sense. It's not just hiphop anyway, it's a big thing nowadays. Most people are just followin whatever's hot now, so it isn't limited to what's goin on on TRL and 106 and Park altho I blame em for a big part of it. It embarasses me that it's been reduced to that to most people.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:39 pm
Dee

^Thank you.

The best way for me to reduce my post count would be to just wait for Amano to post....he's much better at articulating what I'm saying, and he does it without pissing people off.

But I stand by everything ;)

Seriously, what you're talking about August is not hip hop clothing. That's the equivelent of saying that Ja Rule and Nelly represent all hip hop.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:41 pm
amano

August Spies wrote:
however, I should qualify that I think Old School hip hop; Adidas jackets (which im rockin right now) tighter clothes, big clocks and sideways hats kick ass are one of the best styles.

tighter clothes? In yer opinion maybe, but I like to breathe.

I was never a fan of tight pants, and I think it's ridiculous how tight some of these cats' pants get.

I like wearin semi baggy/loose jeans. Ish that isn't big but it ain't tight either.

and a kangol hat cocked diagonally ala grandmaster flash. :)
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:52 pm
August Spies

you guys take everything to far. What I described is a pretty typical hip hop style. No, obviously it does not represent all of hip hop. Nothing does. but we have to speak in generalizations to make any kind of coherent thoughts.

ahh fuck it, whatever, maybe its not the main hip hop style. My point was merely that I find THAT style, whatever it is, to be very aesthetically displeasing.

peace.
Post Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:05 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next