Profile
Search
Register
Log in
are clothes REALLY a big part of hiphop?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
amo1ne



Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 1455
Location: MTL514CANADA
 Reply with quote  

5 pages, haha. Yo is this the infamous Reggie from CP fame?
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:25 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Jesus Frank



Joined: 12 Jul 2002
Posts: 2295
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
 Reply with quote  

ha.. now you hilariously made it 6 pages. I'm going to laugh myself to sleep tonight. :)
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:27 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reggie



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 5765
Location: Queens, NYC
 Reply with quote  

amo1ne wrote:
5 pages, haha. Yo is this the infamous Reggie from CP fame?


You bet it is.
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dee



Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7872
 Reply with quote  

Reggie wrote:
amo1ne made a very good point, but djdee sullied it with posts like this:

"If you backpackers would back your pack and stop living in white suburbs with whitey then maybe you could backpack your back a little more pack to back, you white suburbians whiteys you."

All in all, very good thread. Kudos.



How clever....Fine. You aren't all suburban "whiteys". To those of you who those posts were directed at, you're apparently just ignorant fucks who are ignorant of the culture and think hip hop is something that should be confined to the indie rock section.

Excuse me while I piss on your steps.
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Jesus Frank



Joined: 12 Jul 2002
Posts: 2295
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
 Reply with quote  

Please explain. CP?
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
amo1ne



Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 1455
Location: MTL514CANADA
 Reply with quote  

Jesus Frank wrote:
Please explain. CP?


http://www.cprecords.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

word up broham!
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:55 am
 View user's profile Send private message
infidelone
CAVE TROLL


Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 2455
Location: King of the Cave Trolls, actually.
 Reply with quote  

Rural rappers reprezent.

From the farm to.........the pharm......werd to your udder.


The clothing is for to keep the cold away. The style is for to keep the house a rental.

If you live with your moms or off your moms and you rock expensive gear or a nice car than you are a sucker and a slave.

marc echo is a slave driver-------zcavvarici bitch.
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Path



Joined: 29 Jun 2002
Posts: 452
Location: Minneapolis
 Reply with quote  

djdee2005 wrote:

How clever....Fine. You aren't all suburban "whiteys". To those of you who those posts were directed at, you're apparently just ignorant fucks who are ignorant of the culture and think hip hop is something that should be confined to the indie rock section.

Excuse me while I piss on your steps.



Hey man, if you want to be a materialistic bitch, you go ahead and be that, just dont tell other people they're not as "Hip hop" as you because they dont rock the same clothes you wear.

christ this is like some cliques in high school. "if you dont rock [insert clothing line or shoes here] you arent part of our group!!!" fuck all that.

Guess people who dont know how to think for themselves need to pigeonhole themselves into some group, be it punks, hiphop losers, rednecks... you name it. They're all the same to me.
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dee



Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7872
 Reply with quote  

Path wrote:


Hey man, if you want to be a materialistic bitch, you go ahead and be that, just dont tell other people they're not as "Hip hop" as you because they dont rock the same clothes you wear.

christ this is like some cliques in high school. "if you dont rock [insert clothing line or shoes here] you arent part of our group!!!" fuck all that.

Guess people who dont know how to think for themselves need to pigeonhole themselves into some group, be it punks, hiphop losers, rednecks... you name it. They're all the same to me.



You're missing the point, smartass....its only as materialistic as you let it be.

hip hop has always been about style and fashion.
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Path



Joined: 29 Jun 2002
Posts: 452
Location: Minneapolis
 Reply with quote  

djdee2005 wrote:

You're missing the point, smartass....its only as materialistic as you let it be.

hip hop has always been about style and fashion.


actually i think YOU'RE missing the point. any music genre can be just as materialistic as hip hop is, just because you say its "about" it doesnt make it so. isnt that an amazing idea??
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dee



Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7872
 Reply with quote  

The mistake your making is calling hip hop a "musical genre."
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:55 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
duck_shoe



Joined: 15 Sep 2002
Posts: 1362
Location: Right here, fool.
So...  Reply with quote  

...Mr. Fashion/Style Expert, what do I need to do to dress hip-hop? I mean, if I'm going to listen to the music, I need to dress the part, or else I can't be a part of this culture you speak of. So come on, tell me what I need to do to make myself more "hip-hop"
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:03 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dee



Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7872
 Reply with quote  

I've already answered this. Read a thread before posting.
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
duck_shoe



Joined: 15 Sep 2002
Posts: 1362
Location: Right here, fool.
Actually...  Reply with quote  

...unless I missed the post, all you've said is what dressing hip-hop ISN'T. You've said it's not about specific clothing labels or anything like that...so tell me, what is it all about? You can't define something by saying what it isn't, you need to give some information about what it IS.

So what IS hip-hop fashion? I ask because where I'm from it seems to be all about FUBU and the like...
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reggie



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 5765
Location: Queens, NYC
Re: Actually...  Reply with quote  

duck_shoe wrote:
...unless I missed the post, all you've said is what dressing hip-hop ISN'T. You've said it's not about specific clothing labels or anything like that...so tell me, what is it all about? You can't define something by saying what it isn't, you need to give some information about what it IS.

So what IS hip-hop fashion? I ask because where I'm from it seems to be all about FUBU and the like...


He already said you can't describe it.

djdee has relayed his opinion on the matter succinctly and completely, I think. Apparently, many people disagree with him. But extending this thread ad infinitum with "What, pray tell, do you mean, djdee?" is some straight up bitch shit. If you really don't care about what you wear, then you shouldn't care what other peoples opinions on it might be. End of story.
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:20 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon