Search
Register
What is everyones Religion *Continued**....from old board
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

djmed

What is everyones Religion *Continued**....from old board  Reply with quote  

sup,

i just wanted to know if u guys practice ur religion or not and if what religion are u??

and what religion are u sage??

peace
-----------------------------------
td3
Reply Good Ol...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roman Catholic....

went to Catholic school from K-8 , then to a public high school.... if i could go back in time i would not change a thing

PEACE
td3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SiMplemediC
Reply Hahaha you suckers would never have guessed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a muslim, and I'm white!
what now
I dont practice it as much as I should, I believe in just about everything but alot of the stuff I dont know about yet so I dont understand yet. Most of my other family members are catholics though...
insprdbysk8n
Reply re:
<-------athiest

holy books remind me too much of fairy tails.
NTF
Reply wd
well i'm orthodox christian but i don't believe in God presented by any religion, i have my own vision of Universe and it's begining and it has a lot to do with Mother Nature, no Zeus no Christ or some other cats like them
Reggie
I'm a pagan
I was raised a Unitarian Universalist. Then I read the Principia Discordia.

Now I am registered in New York State as Reverend for the Holey Moley Order of Mechagodzilla.

Our mission is to raise awareness of Mechagodzilla.
Soccer Mom
Reply Why
is it that every time someone asks someone about religion, there's always someone who responds with atheist? Atheism isn't a religion last I remember. I always thought of it as a belief. Just like you can believe in God, you can believe in the lack of a God.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to attack anyone specifically, but it happens all the time and it drives me nuts.

To answer the question, I have no religion, I was raised with no religion and I chose not to adopt any religion.

-N
-----
Join the green wedge.
PaigeMaster6
Reply me
i was raised catholic. like we never went to church except on holidays, but we still said we were catholic. then in high school when i was trying to figure everything out, my boyfriend and i started to go to church a lot...every sunday and on the holy days, b/c it's a sin if you are catholic and you don't go to church when you are supposed to. there was this really great priest there, i think that is why i went for as long as i did. whenever i would go to confession, you have the choice of going face to face or not face to face...i would always choose not to go face to face and he would always call me out. haha. he'd be like, 'paige, are you ever going to learn from your sins?' (because i would always, basically say the same thing everytime.) then he got moved to another church. anyway...then i realized that i really don't agree with a hell of a lot of the stuff catholic's believe...and i hate how if you are raised catholic and you really did practice it-you start to become sort of crazy b/c you realize that everything you are doing is a sin...i don't know. i'm done with religion. i believe what i believe and that's enough for me.
peace.
pagina
mr self distrukt
Reply ...
a fallen catholic.
molasses ftf
Reply Re: ...
(very) reform judaism
infidelone
Reply somewhere
between a lazy,angry Buddhist and a less than mystical sufi.
Shambhala Warrior
Reply I wish. . . .
I were Catholic cause it sounds like a very easy way to acheive eternal bliss. Plus if you sin all you gotta do is confese. But I'm just thankful that i'm not a Mormon (those guys scare me).

Nostradamus prophesized the fall of the Roman church in a few years. I hope he's right.

One good thing happening in the world right now is that 4 religions are having their hipocracy exposed to the world and people see now more then ever the chaos that they cause. The best thing though, is that more and more people are starting to find God outside the church and are coming to the realization that Spirituality should be separate from religion.
DTJ
Reply Re: what is everyones religion?
believe in DTJ!! he is Coming!!
MessiahCarey
Reply asdf
"Then I read the Principia Discordia."

Classic.

"Now I am registered in New York State as Reverend for the Holey Moley Order of Mechagodzilla."

Hail Discordia.

And f*ck golden apples.

Peace,
Shane

ChiefColdHands
Reply religion
I believe in myself in a "everything they said god was is somewhere inside me" kind of way. i don't follow any religion but i do believe in an energy beyond my control.

even though i do believe somethings are destined i don't believe in destiny. i like to think i'm in control.

Path2K2
Born: Roman Catholic

Now: um nothing... non-churchy.

Shambhala Warrior
Reply I believe in Destiny
But that doesn't mean that it will come in THIS life time. I also believe that everyone's destination is heaven, eventually.
----------------------------------------------
Petrouchka Rasputin
Reply I
I don't believe in God or an afterlife. I do, however, admit the possibility that one and/or the other may exist. I believe in destiny in the sense that we - as everything else - are automatons, simply reacting to the occurrences around us. While it may be unknown to us, there can be only one outcome to any set of circumstances.

So I guess I'm agnostic.
--------------------------------------------
ignorant to the ways of this world
Reply gasdg
if there is know afterlife i dont think anyone could complain simply because they would be forever unconsius
or something like that
abacus70
I'm an exitstentialist. Which basically means I don't know if God exists, people have free will to change or not change their environment, and life cant be categorized until it has been experienced...or when you're dead.

Abacus
Shambhala Warrior
Reply Well said Abacus
I think that the most important thing is that we don't come to any final conclusions. Basicaly I mean that we should KEEP wondering, thinking, learning and most importantly KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS. Everyone no adays seems so concerned with prof. They want to prove the existence or non-existence of God. As long as we keep searching for self, staring up at the stars and asking "why am I here?" we will continue to progress as a species. Those who claim they know it all are really the living dead.

MAGIstraight
Reply ...
born catholic, raised catholic, attended catholic school from k-8, hit public high school after that where im currently at....

I don't practice now, I wasn't feelin it, don't think its right for me, but I dont regret being catholic in the past, I think the whole experience in that 13 years of my life made me wiser.

peace.
califunky
Reply Reggie is cooler that i thought
the Principia rocks, all hail Discordia

does anarchy count as a religion?

i guess not...hmmm, then i guess i would be a Yaki Shamen

or not...just wishful thinking

but i got a serious vendetta against the organized religions...except for Buddhism, its kinda useless and it doesn't hurt anyone, which is why i like it.

c

count nosferatu circa1922
Re: what is everyones religion?
We evolved from bacteria...but religion is good for people who need faith in something. It feels good to be able to place your fate in the belief of something rather than believing in yourself. Life is eternal though...everything goes in circles, energy never dissapears, it just spins around in our cycle. You have particles of dead creatures allover your home and allover in the ground, it just wouldnt be something you'd think of because of it's absurdity. Life is forever...beginings and endings are only ideas created by humans

Edited by: count nosferatu circa1922 at: 6/22/02 4:24:25 pm
----------------------------------------------------------------------
SiMplemediC
Reply Dear count nosferatu circa1922,
It's called respect for someone's opinion.
"It feels good to be able to place your fate in the belief of something rather than believing in yourself."
Totally disagree, yo if we were made out of bacteria(I'm not saying we were or weren't) eventually that bacteria had to be made out of something eventually that had to be made of something, you can go back and back and back but eventually your gonna realize somehow it all had to start, after you go the furthest something or someone had to create it. I believe in myself but bottom line something had to start this s hit. And I could be wrong but it seemed as though your putting people down because they believe in some religion. Implying their weak for doing so. Your choice to believe whatever you want is obviously your's but if someone does belive in something you dont need to make yourself feel like a cool kid by dissing them. I'm a Muslim but I dont go around like "oh word your a Christian go f uck yourself your wrong". You didnt say those exact words but it gave me that vibe, again maybe I'm wrong. Just think before you speak.
Peace
--------------------------------------------------------------
dj equal
Reply word
jewed out since cubs scouts
---------------------------------------------
Shambhala Warrior
Reply Right on!
I like what the count had to say. I think humanity is now at the time where we will start taking Spirituality more seriously again, but this time we will look at it the way a scientist would.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kjarri
Reply Re: Right on!
Iīm a protestant during christmas and easter, but otherwise I donīt give it much thought..
-------------------------------------------------------------
caligula

Reply its a long term...
the term that best describes my beliefs (or lack their of) would be agnostic weak atheist. basically all thats saying is that i believe that we can never know if a god exists (agnostic, obviously) but that i dont particularly believe that a god exists at this time (weak atheism, as opposed to strong atheism, which believes that god does not exist, its subtle, but important). id say its about as noncommital as you can get.

i was formerly catholic, but i dropped that like a bad habit as soon as i got out from my parents thumb. i tend to just believe in myself. ive only found that solutions were found easier if instead of praying for a solution, i actually worked for one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MAGIstraight
Reply ...
I saw some Buddhists (sp?) at Denny's this morning, thats one of the few religions I respect, I don't think I could ever adjust to it and become a monk though... but I'd like to... Buddhism is an example of an awesome religion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MAGIstraight
Reply ...
And I just wanna get this off right here...

No religion is ever going to be right, no one knows what happens after we die, we have no witnesses... Religion is based mostly on 2 things, why are we here, and where do we go after we die. Many people need an "answer" like this to hold onto. alot of people can't deal with the fact that they won't know what happens when they die. So they believe in lies, assumptions, whatever you want to call them. Relgions have all been built on the beliefs one one person and they have progressed from there. Almost every religion I can guaruntee, started as a small cult type group and grew from there on. for now though I'm going to stay out of organized religion and hold my own beliefs, sure, they might be bits and pieces from different faiths, but thats whats great about not being tied to certain beliefs... you're own thoughts...

peace.
------------------------------------------------------------------
f0olishl0gic
I'M A PROUD AGNOSTIC RELIGION WAS CREATED TO KEEP PEOPLE IN ORDER IN SOCIETY SO THEY FILL THE WORLD WITH CHURCHS THAT SUBMERGE THE PEOPLES MINDS WITH HISTORIC OPINIONS ON WHAT EXACTLY RELIGION IS....
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:44 pm
djmed

yo simplemedic  Reply with quote  

sup,

simplemedic i wanted to know what is your aim or msn i wanted to talk to u about islam...are u sunni or shia??

peace
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:46 pm
Emseeyi

live nudes 10 cents a pound  Reply with quote  

i was raised Baptist...but i dotn really believe in religion because it just kinda separates people more and thats not something i believe in...like segregation & shit....just not as hostile and pointlessly strict...
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:03 pm

Jump to: