Search
Register
VEGAN Tips
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

imatopos

VEGAN Tips  Reply with quote  

I'm a vegan, and have been one for ten years. My tips are as follows: find the nearest Whole Foods or equivalent and buy a bunch of fake meat products and try them out. That'll help with withdrawals. You have to experiment a bit though since some of the fake stuff is garbage. Also, rent yourself an animal rights video or two. Once you have visual images of how animals are treated during the production and slaughtering process, it makes it a hell of a lot harder to go back to eating them. Finally, I'd buy a vegan or vegetarian nutrition book(Erik Marcus' book on veganism is decent and beginner-friendly) in order to make sure you're eating correctly. When some people make the switch, they aren't aware of how many different foods are available, and they tend to eat a very narrow range of things. A book will help you to eat the right foods and in the right combinations. Good luck!
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:24 am
Emseeyi

how about you just dont eat meat???? if you dont want to eat meat then you wont.....

also veganism includes not using animal products...so dont swear off steak and go out rockin a fur coat and leather boots and have a lion carpet & shit like that...just goes against everything...

SOY TACOS ARE THE ANSWER TO EVERY QUESTION WE ASK IN THIS WORLD
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:46 am
TheDude

Tacos?  Reply with quote  

I love Tuna Tacos myself, if ya know what I mean.

The Dude, from Los Angel-ees
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:54 am
imatopos

The tip was not supposed to be an independent thread--my bad. It was for another thread below. Just ignore it!
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:24 pm
illmatik06

mm...  Reply with quote  

tuna tacos. that sounds scrumdiddlyumptious.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:51 pm
MF Briks

Quote:

Emseeyi
also veganism includes not using animal products...so dont swear off steak and go out rockin a fur coat and leather boots and have a lion carpet & shit like that...just goes against everything...

yeah i know what you mean man.....lmao.......i see dudes saying they're vegan whlie they rock some crocodile boots and the new $100 leather jacket
oh man that ish is just hillarious
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:43 pm
FuseONE

.  Reply with quote  

i've been a vegetarian for about 6 months now, and i want to know how hard it is to go completely vegan after that. i probably won't do it for awhile, cause i like my eggs once a week, and my pizza every other day. and cream cheese on my bagel.
and butter on my baked potato.
etc.
Post Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:25 am

Jump to: