Search
Register
What is Your Translation of GOD?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Solomon Klepto

What is Your Translation of GOD?  Reply with quote  

Jus findin those disses at Christians on some other thread amusin ( haha )... But on the topic of GOD... Its somethin I think about heaps... and I know that in the present state of the world alot of people would question GOD's where abouts? But Im new to the Board, and Im also on the other side of the world, So I was interested to see what Your views on this issue were? I myself do Believe in a GOD... A GOD of Love and Understanding... I was raised with Christian beliefs, But I guess I find Myself questionin constant contradiction in the Bible? Like the beginin of Humanity is built on incest, and We are told not to worship Idols and the same people preachin that comandment, worship a cross with their leader dying in pain??? And also wouldnt the Bible be another form of Idolotry? How can the words of the Most High be documented into the human language ( Hebrew, Greek, English )? Doesnt it lose its strength and symbolism the moment it becomes of the material world and no longer of the Spiritual world? And also a debate I have with Christians all the time, Why will someone like the Delai Lama ( or any other spiritual being outside the Christian denominination) go to hell in the Christian world? Surely GOD see's people for their Good hearts?... Anyways I'd like to see what You's think?
Peace and GOD Bless
Solomon Klepto - MC3 - Obese Records
Dandenong - South East Melburn - Australia...
PS- Please do not see this as a verbal attack upon Christians, I am just sharing My thoghts and would like to see Your thoughts....
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:41 am
Satyre

I think everyone has their own perception of God.Some people think of God as a man with a beard and long hair like in the pictures, but I don't think that's the case at all.I think that God is not a person, but more of a state of mind.If you can think deeply enough you will find God.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:08 am
Varick_Pyr

When I reference "God", it's in the context of MY God, not a shared/collective God. I think that those of us that believe in a higher power have something of our own God, based on each of us as individuals, not groups of people labeled a religion.

My God is a woman and She rocks K-Swisses with Kangol hats. WHAT!
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
coma emilio

god.  Reply with quote  

having had a catholic upbringing i now find myself being sceptical of all religions. religion and the idea of an all seeing, all fixing god being rammed down childrens thoats at school is disgusting. the idea that if you don't say your prayers every night and go to church every sunday you are going to burn for eternity in "the big bad fire" is just horrible. really fucking disgusting. its the wrong way to go about things. its just attempting to put the fear of a "god" into you when you're young so you'll be a good boy or girl and do what your told or else. children are impressionable and should find these things out for themselves and more importantly IF and when they want to

god and religion are also excuses for some people to rid them responsibility for the direction of their own lives. these people are true fucking idiots. the idea that god has pre-ordained you some sort of "fate" or "destiny" is ridiculous.

so god to me is someone i used to believe in when i was young and impressionable.
(apologies for the rant-like nature of this post!)
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:04 am
duke_city

Gaining Ones Definition.

Brian
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:47 am
MessiahCarey

Guaranteed Overnight Delivery

You people obviously know nothing about GOD

Peace,
Shane
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:03 am
Reggie

God is rad, and that's odd.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:47 am
MessiahCarey

Satyre wrote:
I think everyone has their own perception of God.Some people think of God as a man with a beard and long hair like in the pictures

He's usually white, too. God to me (an agnostic)...Hmmm....

God is that inexplicable force that causes people to:

Love
Hate
Save
Kill

Y'know?

Peace,
Shane
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:03 pm
caligula

i have no god. i will agree that there had to be some energy outside of this universe that created it, but i refuse to believe that it is some sentient creature that gives a shit about humans, nor do i feel obligated to worship here.

i believe in myself.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:12 pm
the incredible ticktalk

Religions and Gods are a result of ancient human thinking. Very flawed. It is just one of the many little limitations/labels/identities we classify one another. Just another reason to destroy one another.

seriously, i'll take the human species series when we get our shit together and start cultivating other planets.

k
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dabinduppes

Sitting here at my desk I have 2 ripe sweet smelling plums and one peach. This morning I ate a bannana and I was thinking that these things were not accidents or results of years and years of evolution. These foods that grow for us to eat are perfect in everyway. Not only do they come in their own wrapper but this wrapper also tells you the freshness/ripeness of the food just by the color. Not to mention the nifty way each one fits in your hand, and its just enough to be filling, not too much. These foods have a design, there must be a designer.
God left evidence through his creation.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:18 pm
caligula

dabinduppes wrote:
Sitting here at my desk I have 2 ripe sweet smelling plums and one peach. This morning I ate a bannana and I was thinking that these things were not accidents or results of years and years of evolution. These foods that grow for us to eat are perfect in everyway. Not only do they come in their own wrapper but this wrapper also tells you the freshness/ripeness of the food just by the color. Not to mention the nifty way each one fits in your hand, and its just enough to be filling, not too much. These foods have a design, there must be a designer.
God left evidence through his creation.

you do realize they evolved this way because their cheif way of distributing seeds is through animals eating them right, which would mean a fruit with the characteristics you gave would be evolutionary advantageous...

edit: ps: and consider the human body, if we are so magnificently designed, why do we have the appendix? the only thing it does is become inflamed and have to be removed? how about the way the urethra runs through the prostrate, a gland that becomes inflamed a lot (whcih then cuts off the flow through the urethra)? how about the way the waste disposal system (urethra) and pleasure/reproduction systems are together? does all of that seems like magnificent planning?

Last edited by caligula on Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:21 pm
Reggie

the incredible ticktalk wrote:
Religions and Gods are a result of ancient human thinking. Very flawed.

All God aside, why is ancient thinking flawed? I think that suggestion is what is flawed.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:23 pm
caligula

Reggie wrote:
All God aside, why is ancient thinking flawed? I think that suggestion is what is flawed.

its not flawed necessarily, its just usually flawed because people did not have the understanding of the physical world that we do now. philosophers and others who thought about human nature are much less flawed in their thinking.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:25 pm
coma emilio

jesus christ indeed.  Reply with quote  

this is culled from www.ag.org regarding "hell" -

"Some teach that hell is not eternal torture, but rather eternal cessation of existence. This false teaching grows out of inability to understand how a loving God can mete out such a painful punishment. Others ask, "How could a God of love send people to hell?" The answer is that He doesn't. Only those who willfully turn from His Son Jesus as their source of salvation go to hell. In this life we are constantly confronted by the overtures and invitations of a God of love. But He is also a holy and just God. He must punish the wicked who turn away from His holiness."

the website offers an interesting f.a.q on lots of topics.

i am going to hell for definite.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:28 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next