Search
Register
libertarians are stoopid
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

caligula

i dont think capitalism will be here indefinitely, but i think we are at a point technologically where it is still the best system. legislature needs to be enacted to protect citizens from the extremes of capitalism, but for right now we need to be moving full steam ahead with technology to get to a point where we can provide everyone with everything they want. i dont expect to see the end of capitalism in my lifetime. maybe my grandchildren will, but not me.

humans are not loners, we are certainly societal creatures, but communal? that has different connotations that i am not willing to buy into yet. we evolved brains, not braun. we have to make up for the lack of braun with numbers, but that is done out of necessity, not out of some instinct. the strongest instinct of any organism is to look out for number one (the exception being mothers with defenseless children but thats all propogation of genes stuff)

and im basing my thoughts on science mostly. i try to avoid social sciences and ideologies as much as possible, id rather just look for pragmatic solutions.
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:17 pm
MessiahCarey

August Spies wrote:
Agina ill just point out that systems, like anarchism, have worked when tried.

Anarchism has failed as well, don't forget.

It's not the system, it's the people. They'd all be great, but we need to change the people first.

- Shane
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:42 pm
td3

yea

librarians suck

always telling you to be quiet and shit

fuck that

td3
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3