Register
a firey email exchange between me and a "poet." m
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

a firey email exchange between me and a "poet." m  Reply with quote  

Here's the story.
This girl I don't know at all sent me a poem/rap. Like most people who send me their poem/raps she thought she deserved an in depth critique...she probably expected one that consisted of praise.

Needless to say, I didn't respond with praise. I let her know that most of her material didn't make sense to me. It didn't speak to me. It was actually very uninformative. the kind of stuff you would write in your diary about specifics without mentioning the specifics...just alluding to them while saying "I will never forgive him/her for what he/she has done with that thing that is so important because of what I believed in when I was at that place."

heh...anyway...here's her response followed by the rest of the emails (apparently she didn't really like my "mom" talk either):

FROM "Kim brock" <xdorkedgex@hotmail.com>

I think there may have been a bit of confusion here. i wrote it while i was stoned, obviously for a purpose...the points enhanced were there subconciously, shown throughout the writing but at the end i didnt care to specify because i already felt better than i did when i started. i dont know if you understand, but if its a waste of yer time, i'd either not want to know about it or maybe have you clarify a little. your words are genius and you sir, are an inspiration, my intentions were not to waste yer time, sage-is!-Kim

FROM "SAGE FRANCIS" <sagefrancis@hotmail.com>
-Kim
if you wrote while you were stoned and you can't remember something like that then... I have no choice but to think it was a waste of time to read it.

Sage-
I dont think im going to use the energy to respond to that exept to simply tell you i dont think youre very nice, and now when i listen to yer music i want to turn it off before it ends how much substance does that have? -kim

FROM "SAGE FRANCIS" <sagefrancis@hotmail.com>
-kim
You asked for my opinion and it is my honest opinion that you didn't offer enough to the reader. That's fine if it works for you...keep it to yourself. It's called a journal. not something you need to present to anyone else. just because you wrote something while you were under the influence of an outside substance doesn't mean you tapped into anything special. Especially when I can recognize that some of the writing is lacking substance and you have no explanations for the questions I asked. That's poor.
peace,
sage

Congratulations DAD!
You are officially a complete A-HOLE,
and for all i know, anything "good" thats comes out of my speakers titled "sage francis" is written by a completely different person...someone a little more, open-minded, down to earth...maybe even shows a little bit of appreciation for having a fucking fan. well, wanker i'll know what to say next time someone asks me if i know who sage francis is..i'll say "gimme yer email address...i'll show you". you are a horrible icon as far as im concerned, and i know yer not concerned, but since you wanted to attempt to make me look or feel stupid, i thought i'd give ya a little notey back....you know, collaborate. i love you, but you should pay yer child support. -Daughter

Last edited by Sage Francis on Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:08 am
Jimmie Ooombar

Hahahahaha... I think it's great that a person can't take one bit of criticism. Of course they were looking for praise, and pissed they didn't get any.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:55 am
naught

What an idiot.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:04 am
Reggie

Wow, so Sage has a lot of teenaged fans, huh? Good for his pocket$.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:41 am
Satyre

Sage don't like my rap/poem...I'm not his fan anymore and he isn't such a great artist...Fuckin losers.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:19 am
Emseeyi

hahaha she said wanker....
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:17 am
Mexican Thugsta

lol "wanker"...i think it's funny how whenever someone doesn't get an answer from Sage to their likin' they completely make a 180 turn and start shittin' on him, sad really...

-oNe-
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:07 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SyMbOLyK

She wanted to know what he thought and all she did was tell her the Truth, lol is she an iddiot?
Post Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:03 am
JDel

Groupies  Reply with quote  

And i thought NSYNC and the Backdoor boys had all the 13 year old girls pissing in their pants over their music...aparently i was wrong...sage has got 13 year old groupies writing poems to him and calling him dad...sage heres my poem! it has a lot of alliteration and metaphors and stuff like that! check it out buddy! your an inspiration! i like your music!...I have nothing else to say...this was all pretty pointless...im just not that "underground" im gonna go listen to ja rule tell me how much and how well he has sex with my girl...peace
Post Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:21 pm
illogik

I bet she still thinks about you.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:34 am
gerhupsom vanbone

ha  Reply with quote  

she says "you tried to make me look or feel stupid"
sage waited awhile before he tried to make her look stupid if this is really from back in march
and 13 year old children shouldn't be getting stoned
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:21 pm
XvScott

Reggie wrote:
Wow, so Sage has a lot of teenaged fans, huh? Good for his pocket$.
#

broe,

im 16 years old - are you trying to say that the kind of stupidity and faux-angst displayed here is becuase this girl is proably a teenager?!
shit man....
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MOS

i feel bad for SAGE, if he is nice enough to criticize your shit then dont bitch about it if you get a negative response.
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:41 pm
Awww mn

drama
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:34 pm
16 cENTS

..  Reply with quote  

i like how in her first 2 responses there are capitols and good punctuation and in the last one there are no capitols, bad punctuation and lots of slang. this chick is hard to the core
Post Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:15 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next