Search
Register
does any one really compare?????
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Cru Jones

does any one really compare?????  Reply with quote  

who out now can really hold a flame to sage.
not to mention the incredible presence he holds on stage.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:14 am
Emphasis

i dont know about on stage because ive never seen him live as i live in england, but aesop can hold a flame to sage, if thats how u wanna say it... thats how i see it, only cos aesop's maybe my fav, im not sure... im tired...

pz.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony@Beyond Space

In no way meant to disrespect Sage

Dose One, buck 65, Sole, Qwel, Grouch, Gza, Nas, Pharoahe Monch, Ras Kass, J Live, Illogic,

Sage is one of my favorite emcees but these people can hold a flame to him and some can hold a torch....
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
td3

BeyondSpaceEnt  Reply with quote  

you crazy? you think any of them could really write as deep as Sage does? come on... maybe you guys dont read into his lyrics as much as i do...

-td3-
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
duke_city

I only know of two mcs.

Kool Keith and Gift of Gab.

Rahzel gots the best show in the universe though.

Brian
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:12 pm
futuristxen

Sage Francis live is unfuckwittable. That bastard ruined almost every hiphop concert I've seen since. Which admittedly has only been Snoop and The Wu, but really Sage absoluteltly killed both of those shows for me, they weren't anywhere near the same level--and the Dj's that were in attendence for the fill in the blanks tour, Abilities, Dibbs, and Shalem were also nice.

As far as albums and writing, Sage is great, but that's something that is more about your own personal tastes...I think a good live show in any genre will reach anyone regardless of their hangups.

How is Aesop live? I really like his stuff, but I cant imagine how that stuff goes over in a live setting.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:17 pm
Tony@Beyond Space

Re: BeyondSpaceEnt  Reply with quote  

td3 wrote:
you crazy? you think any of them could really write as deep as Sage does? come on... maybe you guys dont read into his lyrics as much as i do...

-td3-

Its my opinion i didnt say they were better i said they can hold a flame to him.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:48 pm
chess match

hold up to sage  Reply with quote  

Gza and Nas are you kidding me? sage is in my top three but i think there are some emcees that hold up in different aspects. i think eyedea can freestyle like nobodys business, and slug/atmos has some of the greatest tracks i've had the pleasure of putting in my headphones, that goes for dpd aswell. not to take anything away from sage/xaul zan/strange famouse/... there all original and have some of the dopest lyrics that i've heard, and the freestyles are amazing aswell.

just my opinion, thanks.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:56 pm
Tony@Beyond Space

Have you not heard Illmatic and Liquid Swords?
Have you guys ever heard of a thang called opinion?

Surgeon General riding emcees cocks while on the internet may cause teen Pregnancy
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:12 pm
pony boy

yo  Reply with quote  

sage is my fave but i also like common, nas, buck 65 and slug. out of those 4 i've only seen common live and in my opinion he's up there w/sage.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:23 pm
Tony@Beyond Space

damn i forgot all about Common One day it'll all make sense is one of my most played tapes i own All night long is the jam...Resurrection and Like water from choclate are also great albums does anybody know when his new album drops? MCA delays everything so im sure it wont be for awhile.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:26 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

this is all so very flattering and unnecessary
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:32 pm
themanifestdestiny

futuristxen wrote:

How is Aesop live? I really like his stuff, but I cant imagine how that stuff goes over in a live setting.

I hated it. I wanted to run up to the stage and punch him in the stomach for not being able to bring it like I hoped he would. He didn't know his lyrics and just made a fool of himseld and didn't do anything too impressive (visually or audibly) But it was a short set and with El-P, so maybe solo is a different story.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:00 am
futuristxen

Quote:

Have you not heard Illmatic and Liquid Swords? BeyondSpaceEnt

I actually enjoy Only Built 4 Cuban Linx more than Liquid Swords. But both albums are immeasurably dope.

Quote:

I hated it. I wanted to run up to the stage and punch him in the stomach for not being able to bring it like I hoped he would. He didn't know his lyrics and just made a fool of himseld and didn't do anything too impressive (visually or audibly) But it was a short set and with El-P, so maybe solo is a different story.

That's kind of what I feared.

All things considered few things can hold a candle to Ghostface's Eagle Guantlet.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:04 am
Satyre

I definately think Slug holds a flame right at Sage.I've never had the pleasure to see Sage in concert.He came to Bloomington last year, but me being 17 and having school the next day when the venue was at least an hour from my house wasn't flying well.I've seen Slug one time in Chicago (a couple of weeks ago)and it was definately in the top 3 of my concert experiences in my life and by far the best hip hop performance I've ever seen.And there is a couple of other MC's that could hold a flame at Sage would be ManCHILD from marsILL (stop sleeping on em),Aesop,Eyedea,Nas comes to mind and I know you all hate him but Eminem.I think Sage vs. Eminem in a battle would be great.But this would have to be the Em of 4 years ago.But out of all of the MC's I listed,Sage and Slug are my two favorites.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:20 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next