Search
Register
Original 1985 Nintendo
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Stedman

Y'all are forgetting SUPER Tecmo Bowl, with 8 plays instead of 4, and REAL NFL teams and players! That game kicked ass, i think i broke every NFL rushing record with Christian Okoye, haha. AND y'all forgot about Blades of Steel, the greatest hockey game made for nintendo.

Anyone remember River City Ransom? That game was up there with Double Dragon. AND the first non-nintendo made game i ever played for NES, Russn' Attack. Where you only had one life and had to kill all the ruskies!

I also remember rockin' Nintendo Pinball, where you had to make the princess fall and you caught her on a block, and Ice Climber too!

Top Gun and Captain Skyhawk were always my favorites too!
Damn nintendo kicks ass!

-Stedman
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:35 pm
Stedman

Oh yeah, Aroan, i've got an extra Super Mario 3 if you want it, i'm pretty sure it still works.
Drop me an email at:
StedmanStiles@aol.com

peas.
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:37 pm
gerhupsom vanbone

http://w1.874.telia.com/~u87403528/

go here and relive your memories
or something like that

only aloud to legaly keep games for 24 hours.
they dont all work properly.
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:42 pm
Aroen

Finally passed River City Ransom the other week. I need help so I called a homie and we kicked major ass. Those secret moves you buy and unlock are awesome.
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:15 pm
rubix138

what about the cheats you all used?  Reply with quote  

You've mentioned the up,up,down,down,.... but what about the other great ones. Like on Double Dragon, you climb over that fence and beat up those guys. Then you go backwards and punch the air and you get something. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or level 3 of super mario bros. where you get the extra lives with the turtle. Also, I dont know too many people that ever made it to negative world on Super Mario Bros. On level 1-2 you have to be The Big Mario and you go to where the tunnel is that takes you to the exit. Then you have to knock out the 2nd and 3rd blocks from the tunnel. Then you have to bend down and jump. Then you'll slide through the wall over to where you could usually warp. You have to go in the first tunnel on the left and you cant go to far to the right either. Try it, its dope! Also I did beat Metroid but only with the help of the map from the Nintendo Power Magazine. One of my favorite games is Battletoads. There is another game I played a lot but cant remmeber the name. You were a boy and you had a Yo-Yo as a weapon. It had the word Island in the title. That game was awesome. However you need the instruction booklet because there was a page you had to dip into water to get a code you had to enter into the game to continue. I am in the process of getting divorced and I think my wife took our Nintendo because it was hers from her childhood. Should I kill her and blame it on the violence of these Nintendo Games? Probably not, but I am gonna get me another one.
Peace
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:48 pm
Path

ah NES.  Reply with quote  

ah the nes... it was a fun system.

here are some games for it i loved.

Final Fantasy 1 (amazing for its time)
Double Dragon
Legend Of Zelda
Metroid
Tecmo Bowl
Goonies 2 (hitting criminals and random birds with your yo-yo was fun)
Little Nemo - The Dream Master (this game is DOPE)
Mighty Bombjack
Ice Hockey
RC PRO AM! I CANNOT BELIEVE NO ONE MENTIONED RC PRO AM.
Mega Man 1-3 (the rest were crappy)
The Addams Family: Fester's Quest (god it is crap but i have fond memories)

now... everyone knows about emulators on computers and stuff... but they just arent the same. I own a dreamcast and tons of games for it that were CD-Rs... but I recently found out about an emulator on dreamcast for nes called NESterDC that is 100% perfect. you just pop in a rom cd-r and pow, hundreds of games... perfect, and on your TV WITH a controller!

http://www.dcemulation.com/dcemu-nesterdc.htm is the site... Dreamcasts are cheap nowadays... it even can save and load your game on a Dreamcast memory card, and save states, just like a computer emulator can.

if you have a DC get it... RC pro am rules!

Dan
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:31 pm
gerhupsom vanbone

yo  Reply with quote  

where can i buy a dreamcast
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:43 pm
Path

Re: yo  Reply with quote  

gerhupsom vanbone wrote:
where can i buy a dreamcast

ebay, or a used game store like funco land.
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:45 pm
gerhupsom vanbone

haha  Reply with quote  

funcoland is funny name giggle giggle
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:48 pm
td3

dont buy a Dreamcast... go to a flea market and buy the original NES, 2 controllers, the gun for duck hunt, and about 40 games all for $20

you cant go wrong bro...

PS: whats the code for Tyson?? isnt is something like 737________??

the other day i was playing it and i got all the way to the 2nd Soda Poppinski

td3
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:10 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CMSienko

Glass Joe Beats  Reply with quote  

I never had an NES, but my only memory of it was being the first among my friends in high school to beat Tyson in Punch-Out. I just remember this stunned silence in the room for a second (just like in the movies), before the place exploded.

"HOLY SHIT, YOU DID IT!!!!!"

You'd think I knocked out Tyson for real. But no, just some flashing lights and cramped thumbs.

I played Rygar to death in the arcades, though I'll be damned if I can ever remember beating it (I don't think so...I think they carted it off before that, ha). Though I have to quote the line that somebody says to Sylvester Stallone in "Cop Land": "Some people are video game people, some are pinball people. You are a pinball person." I'm still a pinball person. Was waiting in the Amtrak station this weekend for my ride home, looked over, and was like, "Oh shit! A new pinball machine I haven't played." It was totally amazing, something to do with 1920s boxing/strongman contests. You got to "jump rope" with the pinball through the use of (I guess) a very strong magnet and a twirling metal bar. Wicked.
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:13 am
Path

td3 wrote:
dont buy a Dreamcast... go to a flea market and buy the original NES, 2 controllers, the gun for duck hunt, and about 40 games all for $20

you cant go wrong bro...

PS: whats the code for Tyson?? isnt is something like 737________??

the other day i was playing it and i got all the way to the 2nd Soda Poppinski

td3

yeah right, 40 games.

look, I have every game that ever existed for the NES, and it cost me a $0.25 cent cd-r disc.

plus you dont have to blow on the dreamcast to get the games to work, and the games dont have dead save batteries, and the controller isnt square.

I love my DC.
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:47 am
sleeklegend

I always thought that the 1986 Sega Master System, Sega's answer to Nintendo, was WAY underrated. My brother used to play it all the time, and I was one when it came out. But that system was tight.
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:48 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5