Search
Register
As twisted as it may seem, the DRAFT may be what we need.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Noisetonepause

"Sage Francis... 1968 to 2002, it's been a pleasure..."

Isn't it?

-Paws
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:14 pm
sequence

Noisetonepause wrote:
"Sage Francis... 1968 to 2002, it's been a pleasure..."

Isn't it?

-Paws

He isn't that old though...27 I think? Thought, the poster after me is right. It shouldn't matter at all. Someone argue with me more! I want to think about this some more.

Last edited by sequence on Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:18 pm
2b
SHAKESPERIAN ACTOR

Why don't you all just cut him open and count the rings like he said. Who cares about his age honestly, I don't think it has much to do with this arguement, I think the real problem is the issues with this country and it's seemingly undetoured reign upon its populace. Just a thought.
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:24 pm
chaim

MessiahCarey wrote:

Not to mention that I just don't care to live in a country that is willing to legally FORCE people to kill someone.

ummm.... death penalty anyone? Shane looks like you are moving out soon. You can stay with me if you want here in Australia. But, the executive does still have powers to execute people convicted of treason... err.... how about Sweden?
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:09 am
Reggie

Sage (and I) would only be past the age for intial draftings. If all of the yonger draftees die, then we'd be next to go.

They'll send the geriatric if they have to.
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:26 am
Geometrik

Just in case you still thought that a draft would be fair, take a look at those that will make up the local draft boards, and the power they have:

Quote:

If conscription becomes necessary, it says, 2,000 local and appeal boards would need volunteers. The boards would decide who would go to war and who could defer their service in the event of a national call-up to boost the currently all-volunteer military.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1105-01.htm
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:13 pm
MessiahCarey

Sage Francis wrote:

Am I advocating that more people actually go over seas to kill or get killed? Of course not. I am advocating the rejection of this government; a government that does not look out for the best interests of joe public.

I agree that the government doesn't look out for the interests of Joe Public, that's for sure. I just don't think that saying, "Oh, alright...lemme have more" is the way to "fight" that. I think if a draft becomes NECESSARY, that political shift will start happening.

I think if FORCING the government to listen is the option, we should all be dropping ANY partisan talk and creating an independant political action group might be the answer - or at least something to try BEFORE a draft. All the "end the occupation" talk right now is on the left or the HARD right...but there's some SERIOUS hard-righties that want to see the ending of the Iraqi occupation. I think that could be utilized, and that the White House would take that WAY more seriously than even a draft.

I mean...if George is staring at not a sea of "Kill Bush, die" signs and sees a bunch of middle class white men pissed off about the occupation with "Support our troops by bringing them home!" signs or something.

Why doesn't it happen? Because people would rather sacrifice lives for a draft? I don't believe that for a second.

It isn't just ANY rich kids that will be able to avoid the draft, Sage. It will be THEIR rich kids - and that is ALL THAT FUCKING MATTERS TO THEM.

- Shane
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:26 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3