Search
Register
how many conservatives? How many liberals...??
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

sequence

I've made plenty of weapons such as potato guns and other bombs in my life (I grew up in the deep woods of northern Michigan) and could still easily do it. These weapons could kill people in a much less economical and signifcantly more brutal fashion than any gun I could buy. How does that contribute to this argument in any way?

Do I think the way that most people read the second amendment is worth a shit? Hell no! Should I be able to have a gun to make myself feel slightly protected from the government? In my paranoiad universe, yes!
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:50 pm
Noisetonepause

Machiavel wrote:
i think everyone is just too worried about everyone else dying. Yeah its tragic when a kid shoots his sister because he found daddys gun, but what the hell can you do. I would rather worry about myself.

That's the most callous thing I've ever heard! Go stand in the corner, callous person. You can join the rest of us for tea and biccies when you've learned to be a nice boy.

-Paws
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:06 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

hey dan wanna smoke a joint and play some hacky sack?

im down :)
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:34 pm
Dan Shay

paws, if you read my past posts, you'd know that Im being sarcastic.

We're talking about symptoms here, and not causes.

Gun control isn't the issue. Gun proliferation isn't the issue.

The issue is that we have some deep seeded problems in this nation.

Like poverty amongst plenty. Or, like black market prohibition forces causing unintended consequences. Or, how about a glorification of guns and killing and indoctrination from an early age.

The problem isn't some little black versus white duelism that can be easily championed, as both sides seem to think it is.

I was sitting in a hospital waiting room once, and this 7 year old girl was watching her 3 year old brother while their mother got her check up.
The boy started crying as soon as the mother left from separation anxiety, so the sister, being fairly estute in American male psychology, went to the toy bin, pulled out some legos, fashioned a gun, handed it to him, and he stopped crying.

Pew pew, he said as he pointed the gun at me.

What ever happened to woobies (securit blankets)?

Last edited by Dan Shay on Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:40 pm
Dan Shay

Sequence

Quote:

Should I be able to have a gun to make myself feel slightly protected from the government? In my paranoiad universe, yes!

Homeboy, if you think for a second that a .45 is going to do much to defend yourself against tanks, amoured personel carriers, strategic fighters and the like, I suggest you talk to some Iraqi's to get advice on the most dignified way to die.

The only thing that would save you from a gov't crackdown these days is a fax machine with a satelite uplink to get your story out.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:46 pm
MC Pope

Machiavel wrote:
MC Pope John Paul II wrote:
Face the facts dude. The harder it is for people to get guns, the less likely they are to be shot with them. I'm all for freedom and liberty, but the majority of people are just too fucking stupid to be allowed to own a device purely designed to kill other people.

This has to be the most rediculous thing i have EVER read. seriously. You are saying that you are all for individual freedoms, but that you dont think people are responsible enough for it?

Come on ... you don't think we need to balance freedoms with responsibilities? I'm against people owning guns in the same way that I'm against people being able to keep tigers as pets.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:26 pm
sequence

Come on ... you don't think we need to balance freedoms with responsibilities? I'm against people owning guns in the same way that I'm against people being able to keep tigers as pets.

Hey man. If you don't mind being an easy target when martial law is instituted be my guest.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:07 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

sequence wrote:

Hey man. If you don't mind being an easy target when martial law is instituted be my guest.
You can take the man out of northern Michigan but you can't take the northern Michigan paranoia out of the man.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:47 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

word.........michigan militia what!

kidding...
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:48 am
Reason

im a liberal.

did you know that liberal means generous?
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:21 pm
ibuprofen

^^ ahha

nice apples to oranges comparison
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:42 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5