Search
Register
therapy
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

WoodlandHobo

you cant decide what's right for you when you're hopped up on crack.

sometimes intervention is COMPLETELY nessicary.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:22 pm

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

MYOWNCLICHE wrote:
I never said it was easy, actually it is possibly the hardest thing to do. But you got to do it.

well no shit sherlock you make it sound like t heres something wrong with needing help though...
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:54 pm
intuition

Frezzred34 wrote:
It's all bullshit to me. How can someone who doesn't even know me help me? It's not like they actually care about you... they care about the check you write them.

this may be true but therapists also provide a neutral person to vent your emotions to, and they are good at guiding your emotions in healthy way that can help you deal with things you may not have known you need to deal with.

someone else said that they can't even tell their best friends some of their problems so how could they trust a therapist....this is exactly the point of therapy. often times your friends and loved ones are the people you need to vent ABOUT not vent TO. a therapist won't get mad or take sides if you say something about your true feelings to them. friends and family can be judgemental, this is one thing that a psychologist is not.

i've been going to a psychologist for about a month now out of my own free will. i just felt that i needed someone to talk to for a while so i could finally get over a dysteimic depression that has haunted me since i can remember. i had my doubts at first but i have honestly noticed that my weeks are getting better already. i never look forward to going to see my shrink, and i often think that i don't really need it, but after i go i'm very happy i went.

and also, just to throw in my two cents, curing yourself with faith is bullshit. to me that's just ignoring your problems. i hate how christians always take this egotistical stance like they've already solved all their problems w/ out all this "scientifical mumbo jumbo." if psychology is bullshit, then how does it compare to believing in a magical higher power that you've never seen or heard from other than a book that was written two thousand years ago. sorry just annoyed at all the right wing christian bs i've been seeing on this board lately.

pz.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:47 pm
Frezz

intuition wrote:
Frezzred34 wrote:
It's all bullshit to me. How can someone who doesn't even know me help me? It's not like they actually care about you... they care about the check you write them.

this may be true but therapists also provide a neutral person to vent your emotions to, and they are good at guiding your emotions in healthy way that can help you deal with things you may not have known you need to deal with.

someone else said that they can't even tell their best friends some of their problems so how could they trust a therapist....this is exactly the point of therapy. often times your friends and loved ones are the people you need to vent ABOUT not vent TO. a therapist won't get mad or take sides if you say something about your true feelings to them. friends and family can be judgemental, this is one thing that a psychologist is not.

i've been going to a psychologist for about a month now out of my own free will. i just felt that i needed someone to talk to for a while so i could finally get over a dysteimic depression that has haunted me since i can remember. i had my doubts at first but i have honestly noticed that my weeks are getting better already. i never look forward to going to see my shrink, and i often think that i don't really need it, but after i go i'm very happy i went.

and also, just to throw in my two cents, curing yourself with faith is bullshit. to me that's just ignoring your problems. i hate how christians always take this egotistical stance like they've already solved all their problems w/ out all this "scientifical mumbo jumbo." if psychology is bullshit, then how does it compare to believing in a magical higher power that you've never seen or heard from other than a book that was written two thousand years ago. sorry just annoyed at all the right wing christian bs i've been seeing on this board lately.

pz.

You got all of that out of my one little statement?
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:16 pm
intuition

that wasn't all directed at you buddy.

it was just longwinded...missed my appointment last week so i needed to "vent"

hehe :wink:
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:23 pm
Frezz

That's exactly why therapy is bullshit. All you need is the Non Prophets forum to vent.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:25 pm
MYOWNCLICHE

intuition wrote:
Frezzred34 wrote:

this pz.

Money !! I know I'm in the business.The longer they keep you dependant on them the more dollars come in. Not all of them, but alot. If you got good insurance your screwed. If you got sucky insurance your cured real quick and out of there.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:20 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3