Search
Register
So what do the English think of Americans?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Frezz

I'm from Rhode Island and I don't even know what a Rhode Island accent sounds like. I guess it's just cuz I'm used to hearing it so much.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:32 pm
Billy No More

Exactly. Because people hear their own accent so much, they don't think they have one. My Mum comes from Northern England, Blackpool to be precise. Her accent is hilarious. The Bristol/South West accent is funny to, download The Wurzels - I've Got a Brand New Combine Harvester. HAHAHA.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:39 pm
Frezz

And that's another thing... it's mom. Not mum.

Geeeeeez.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:40 pm
Billy No More

Hey, ENGLISH Language sucker. My country invented it...kind of. Just because you Americans, trippin on your egos think you can change it willy nilly. MY way is the RIGHT way.

Hahahahaha, I'm just kidding ya.

Now that you mention RI, I recognise Pawtucket from Family Guy. I was watching the episode today, where Brian and Stewie sing "The Road to Rhode Island." Seeing Sage and Joey do a rendition of that would make my life complete.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:44 pm
absurd21_13

The minnesota accent is annoying (yah). i like anybody who has a southern accent (yall) especially chicks. i also like the boston accent (chowdah). i also like the new york accent (fuck you!) the chicago accent is nice too ( i want a palish saseg) another thing that i find amusing are i dont know why but asians who pick up accents. theres this one asian comedian who has a southern accent. he sounds funny.i was watching pbs and theres this old asian man with an australian accent. i can never get used to that.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:14 am
Doctrine

As far as all these accents go...I've been in GA all my life and everyone thinks I'm a yankee from here...I don't have a trace of an accent, and if I do it sounds like I'm from Virginia or something...I just never let southern slan/draw get me...I'm thankful...
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3