Search
Register
clear channel getting sued
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

triptik

clear channel getting sued  Reply with quote  

i have an internship at a transportation company in baltimore city (actually about 3-4 blocks down from the ottobar) and they are suing clear channel. i had my newly purchased "fuck clear channel" hooded zip on my chair in my office and one of the ladies walked by and asked what it was. i started telling her about clear channel and she interupted me and said that she knew what clear channel was but was wondering where i got that shirt. i told her a bit about sage and his show and she thought it was cool. she then told me that the company (which i am not shure i should name at this point in time) had made some radio adds for their buses and clear channel was supposed to play them and on top of that give my company 10 thousand dollars a year ( i dont really know the details of the deal). basically they never did do any of these things and my company is suing clear channel. the lady who told me that said that i should show this shirt to the VP of the company cuase he would like it!
so you see, corporate america is not so bad..... actually this is a really good company. i mean, public transportation is a great product and the ideas they come up with are all consumer based and shit like that. and they HATE clear channel, so what more can you ask for?
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:47 pm
triptik

what's your take on this?
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:56 pm
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

good on them sueing them, and i'll take your word about the company being good, but in regards to them hating clear channel they only hate them cuz they got fucked over by them... had the deal been a success im sure they'd have a different opinion of CC.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:11 pm
davidgrenier

"good corporations"  Reply with quote  

Back when chattel slavery was legal and the law of the land, there were "good" slaveowners and "bad" ones. While its true that a slave would probably be better off with a "good" slaveowner, the fact of the matter is that he was still a fucking slave.

It's pretty much the same with "good" corporations. You're still working to make *them* rich, but at least they kiss you before they fuck you.
Post Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:04 pm
emynd

Capitalism: It's what's for dinner.
Post Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:35 pm

Jump to: