Register
sage interview with Chicago Innerview Magazine 2/11/04
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

sage interview with Chicago Innerview Magazine 2/11/04  Reply with quote  

mike scales, chicago innerview magazine

1) for those unfamiliar with the whole concept of clear channel, please explain what you know about the organization and why you've chosen to stand up against it with your "fuck clear channel" tour.

"No. I am not allowed to. There is a dark cloud hanging over my career now. I legally can't talk about any of this."

2) having been drug and alcohol-free for about the first 19 years of my life, i've run into a good amount of opposition in my day about my personal life choices. about how long have you practiced this way of life and why did you start? how has it affected your career (negatively and/or positively) as you've become more well known to the public?

"Again, my lawyer strongly suggests that I don't speak down about alcohol and such because I play a lot of bars and clubs that serve the shit. There's a poison going on, but I don't know anything about it. I am on stage dancing in a furry outfit."

3) let me know any details, if possible, about your debut on epitaph. how has the label been treating you and where are you in the process of recording/releasing the album?

"They want me to lose weight. That's all they've talked about for the past 5 months. Gotta lose weight, gotta lose weight. Atkins this, Atkins that. I am not a heart throb, I don't know what they expect from me, man. This is insane."

4) what can fans expect from dj signify's new album on lex that you worked on with buck65? what's it like working with buck? is he as eccentric as he seems?

"His name is Buck and he likes to fuck. That's all I know. The Signify album is almost like a book of children's stories. It is uplifting and hilarious. I put it on every time I think about what it would be like to die a happy man."

5) lastly, i understand that joe beats is a good friend of yours as well as an amazing musical partner. what do you see in the future for non-prophets after the success of the long-awaited hope album (which, in my opinion, is classic hiphop genius to say the least)? how did you hook up with london's lex records and will you continue your relationship with that label as far as non-prophets is concerned? and how is hope being received in the UK?

"I see Joe and I doing another album at some point. I think he is itching to establish himself as an artist beyond his affiliation with me, which he should. He needs to get out there and end the conspiracy. Lex Records approached us about 3 years ago and asked to release a Non-Prophets album. Once we had an album ready to go we sent it to them and shit was on from there. I have no idea how the UK has recieved our album because I recieve updates on this shit about as often as I go to the dentist. thanks."
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:08 am
Moolah

Man, I felt awkward just reading that.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:36 am
Jesus Frank

hahahaha, that was great. Concept interview.

Another Non-Prophets album would be lovely.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:02 am
Rhino

Quote:

about as often as I go to the dentist

Eww....yuck mouth!
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:16 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

the dentist scam is just about as bad as the credit card scam and the college scam.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:22 am
emynd

Sage Francis wrote:
the dentist scam is just about as bad as the credit card scam and the college scam.

I know a few thousand British people who agree with you.

Thankfully, I'm not one of them.

Go get your cavities filled.

-e
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:37 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

right. it's been many many years, and I have no issues with my teeth. They get a little stained from all the coffee, but so be it. Humans are the only animals who baby their mouth to the point of detriment.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:50 pm
Billy No More

I went to the dentist this summer to make sure my wisdom teeth were okay. The conversation went a little like this*:

Dentist: "Excellient, your teeth are fine."
Me: "Oh thanks"
Dentist: "Yeah, that's 22 please."
Me: "WHAAAAAAAT??? YOU DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING!!!"
Dentist: "Yes I did, I gave you my professional opinion. My proffessional opinion costs 22. Now cough up Baggy Pants Boy."
Me: "NO. I sat in a waiting room for nearly an hour for you to look at my teeth for 30 seconds and just say 'umm...they're okay."
Dentist: "Yeah, life sucks doesn't it? Now pay the 25 and get out."
Me: "HOLD UP, 25? YOU JUST SAID 22!!!"
Dentist: "You're paying by the minute, sonny."
Me:"I can't afford this I'm just a poor student...do you do discount?"
Dentist: "No, we don't do that anymore. Only NHS Dentist's do that."
Me: "And where can I find one of those?"
Dentist: "There's not one for 50 miles, and their waiting list is three years long."
Me: "Wait a minute, wouldn't it be free on the NHS anyway?"
Dentist: "Ummmm....Hey, did I tell you we now accept all major credit cards?"
Me: "This is just one giant rip off isn't it? You're just a con merchant! That's not a real certficate on your wall, you made that in photoshop didn't you?"
Dentist: "Uh oh, I've been rumbled" *jumps out of nearest window*
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Billy No More

*some of the above post may be fictitious
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:51 pm
A aviator

Sage don't take offense..... (can't wait)
but i hope things get a little nicer as the tour continues. I would be intimidated to interview you after that. but you're also always nice to me. so what ever. never mind

xo
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:23 pm
Native Legend

Yeah, I would hate to be that interviewer.

SHUT 'EM DOWN...SHUT'EM SHUT'EM DOWM...
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:45 pm
kese

Sage Francis wrote:

funny, i was thinking about this earlier today...something to do with the fact that flouride is poison.
not to forget the car alarm scam...
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:32 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to: