Search
Register
is anti-christian sentiment that bad
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

August Spies

haha, oh brother.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:41 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ILL SEER

August Spies wrote:

Quote:

Markan priority which means it seems to be the earliest for several reasons incluing it is shorter, its grammar, it's more primitive theology,

sorry to jump in here, and I hop ethis isn't too out of context...

but weren't you just arguing that the various gospels are evidence of jesus' existence.... but now you are claiming that Mark's gospel was written so far before the others that he has more primitve theology and grammar? I have a hard time believe their would be much difference between these thigns if they were written by a group of people who lived at the same time.

i never said they were written simultaneously, just within a 100 years ... John seems to be the last written gospel, and he was the longest living disciple. there is an obvious development in Christianity like any religion, even within 30 years of the Resurrection. of course there would be a difference, ask police what happens when four different people recite the same event during questioning ... people see and emphasize different things. at any rate, these things have been out in the open for almost two centuries and it hasn't seemed contradictory to a lot of us.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:49 am
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Hi. First off.... I want to say that I am sorry for calling Ill Seer a possible triangle head. That was wrong and immature of me. He has proven to be a smart guy, so I am sorry for that.

Second, I want to know.... If there hasn't been some sort of coverup by the Vatican in relation to some of the more human, or down-to-earth elements of jesus' life, ie banging Mary M or eating the ergot bread that nobody ended up talking about, then why don't we hear about it? Ill Seer had to study at fucking Cambridge to hear anything half-interesting. Guys like Yuma and the like can talk some bee ess about how they knew Christ had siblings and that their Church taught them that.... but I can honestly say that every church I've been to and every church lady I have known has never known those intricate details. That's sad when you actually believe in Christ and yet know nothing about him except the legendary stuff that is obviously on some Paul Bunyon shit. The guy was great, but he stubbed his toe and got pissed just like any of us.

I would also like to know where the texts about his life growing up are. I want to hear about teenage jesus and his fiery adventures.

As for the Vatican being the only source for curing third world hunger.... that's all nice and fine, but don't they do that ONLY if the starving people change from their mud-moron religions into beautiful cheistians? The vatican's words, not mine. If that's not true any more, then it was certainly true not too long ago... and that goes against everything Christ would want.

And as for DallasBboy, don't ever link me to a pro-christian site to prove your pro-christian "facts" - If there is one group of people that have lied to my face over and over about "facts" it would be the Christians.

i just have to say this. I love, LOOOOVE how Christians mold the bible into what they want. Oh hey, uh, we found dinosaur bones, that kind of fucks up the bible right? oh no no no sneeb, look here! there is one line in the bible that says a mighty beast lived! a mighty beast! thats dinosaurs! see! fuck that. If 51% of all the Christians in the world became hard-core homosexuals guess what would happen. Hey sneeb, see this passage, it says Jesus kneeled in front of peter. That's blowjobs sneeb! blowjobs!

There is nothing you can show me that will prove to me that the Vatican hasn't whitewashed Jesus' life and covered things up. You can tell me about old texts and validities and how I am wrong, blah blah blah. The Vatican has it's bastard paws in a LOT of bastard pies.... The Vatican and the CIA are constantly giving each other handjobs. I don't trust that at all. Call me paranoid and weird. That's fine. I'll keep my weird and you keep your texts and we'll call it even on that one.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:57 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
August Spies

Quote:

i never said they were written simultaneously, just within a 100 years ... John seems to be the last written gospel, and he was the longest living disciple. there is an obvious development in Christianity like any religion, even within 30 years of the Resurrection. of course there would be a difference, ask police what happens when four different people recite the same event during questioning ... people see and emphasize different things. at any rate, these things have been out in the open for almost two centuries and it hasn't seemed contradictory to a lot of us.

ILL SEER: I fully agree with your police testimony analogy (although christians typically claim the bible is God's word through man, you'd think god could clear this stuff up...) but what I meant was not the different accounts, but rather your claim that mark had more primitive theology and grammar.

In my understanding, in those ancient times things like grammar didn't change much in 100 years (and seeing as most people didnt' live past 50 it is probably more like within 20 years of eachother) especially when they were writing in Greek which had been cemented as an academic language and not writing in an evolving language.
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:44 pm
Jesse

I can't get into a fifteen page thread, but I'm feeling these guys:

http://www.atheists-for-jesus.com/
Post Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:54 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15