Search
Register
Vegetables.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

kilgore trout

read PETA magazine people  Reply with quote  

vegetarian-somebody who abstains from eating animal meat and or fish
vegan-somebody who won't eat eggs or cheese even raised humanitariaistically, who refuses to wear leather, etc etc. what i described

which do you fit, it sounds like you are a vegetarian, also a good thing but not the same thing. you are abusing vocabulary you don't seem to know about.

you say that you try to prevent all suffering. not gonna happen, you're killing bacteriums y inhaling them as we speak. what you should do is to be moderate. if you don't like the taste of meat and fast food for the most part, don't eat it. but don't claim to be a vegan then get all pissed when i ask if you wear cow skin on your feet "not fair people are making this personal" HAHAHA

it is SIMPLE PEOPLE. ingrid bergamn of people for the ethical treatment of animals says that a vegan is someone who has no contact with any animal products whatsoever and a vegetarian is someone who would do that in a perfect world but in reality just does their best. i have long thought that the latter is the truly sensible apporach but regardless, if you call yourself a vegan know what the word means.

i say vegans smell funny because, well, they DO. i don't know why, i don't offer scientific logic, just in my observation of things vegans smell different.

and as to the whole tofu pup thing its just an opinion. i mean, that crap tastes bad anyways so why bother. but if you really want to, go for it, justrealize that the packaging you find on a box of 'soy joy" soy milk is infinitely more environmentally destructive than just drinking a freakin glass of milk in the first place.
Post Sun Sep 08, 2002 1:50 pm
praton3030

now, to be a vegetarian, u have to be able to eat only vegetables. Vegetarians lose motabalism mostly due to lack of protein but also due to how light the food is, once u become a vegetarian, u can't go back, otherwise u will be headed for looking as fat as a cow.
Post Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:03 pm
quasifoto

this post is pissing me off  Reply with quote  

killgore trout- not sure who you are talking to when you say you since you don't address anyone. but part was mine so i'll take to it all.

I'm vegan. I'm not sure what you don't understand. I don't wear leather, at all, not even a bit, none, or wool, silk any products derrived directly from animals. To argue for someone who is wearing leather, sure that's not vegan, but let's not point fingers at people who give good effort. I'm defending here for the record.

Key word here, we TRY to prevent animal suffering and compared to the rest of the world, being vegan is a big freaking effort that deserves recognition. At the same time i don't think anyone does it for that recognition. That'd be odd.

What i meant by not fair that people are making this personal was that this is about the diet or moral issues not about what so and so does or how immature this teenage vegan may be or god knows what else you see. VEGANS DON'T WEAR LEATHER. Understand. Jeesh.

Vegans do not smell funny, that's just immature to say. Been vegan for a long time, heard it all, but never heard that one. You must know a small group of weirdos.

the soymilk i drink is packaged quite environmentally friendly. as are most of the soy products so again you don't know what you're talking about. you seem to just have opinions that are pretty foolish.

should we start a new thread by now???
Post Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:53 pm
Thinkdifferent

I think you're right quastifoto  Reply with quote  

it's def. time for a new thread
One last thing to say: killlgore I am vegan... I do not wear leather, silk, wool, eat any meat, dairy or eggs... Just wanted to clarify that. When i was explaining reducing the amount of suffering i was merely attempting provide info about why i am vegan.
Post Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:01 pm
quasifoto

response to kilgore trout from the wife  Reply with quote  

response to kilgore trout from the wife:
first off, your definitions of vegetarians/vegans are correct. Why in the world would you think the other ppl stating that they are vegans are misusing the word?? Because they kill bacterium when they breathe? Thats quite a crazy argument, don't you think?

I am not vegan...I was for over 8 years and decided to become just a vegetarian when I was pregnant with our daughter Jade. I don't wear leather, wool or silk and don't drink milk straight. I actually prefer soy milk. So go ahead..give me sh it for my weakness. It will be nothing I haven't heard from my husband, nicely. I eat dairy extremely moderately, and have plans to return to veganism at some point. But for now I am doing the best I can..more than I can say for you.

Personally I think that you are getting so defensive of the whole meat eating thing that you are loosing perspective for the reasons that vegans/vegetarians try to help this god for saken planet in the first place. If you don't want to be a vegan or a vegetarian don't, but don't put those people down for trying to better themselves and the world around them. There are great meatless products out there, and there is also crap i must admit. You just have to shop around till you find the taste that suits your buds the best! But at least when I eat my boca burger, I don't have to question if it was cooked long enough and if it is going to give me ecoli.
Jen Qua
Post Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:37 pm
Solomon Klepto

Sol Klep the Militant Vegan  Reply with quote  

That's right, No Meat, Dairy, eggs, leather... I train ( weights and Martial Arts ) four times a week, and I feel better than James Brown KIIID!! By the way, I shower twice a day, I smell FRESSSSHHHH always mate! ...

I became a Vegan for Moral and Health reasons, So unless You share those same reasons, You will never understand why people become Vegan.... and there is nothing more to justify....

I honestly believe that Vegans are more Spiritually Conscious, than meat eaters/ people that eat anything... And to be real honest, I feel Righteous being a Vegan.... For Me its a stepping stone to My Personal Enlightenment....

To all the other Vegans on the thread... KEEP IT STRONG YO...

Peace be with...
Sol Klep - MC3 - Obese Records
Melburn - Australia...
Post Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:19 am
Solomon Klepto

Forgot to mention...  Reply with quote  

Another Dope book to Read is "Fit for Life" by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond...
Its written by Vegans but written for both Vegans and Meat Eaters... If You read this book You will prolly turn Vegan anyways, the truth is written clearly....
Post Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:25 am
MessiahCarey

kilgore trout wrote:
5. vegans, beware! being self righteous sneaks up on vegans almost as often as republican fundamentalist christians.

This is the reason it took me over a decade to stop eating meat.

Peace,
Shane
Post Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:54 am
quasifoto

shane, why is that? did you just not want to be categorized as righteous? and then grew to think who cares what people think? what made you change your thought? i only know one other vegan so i don't know all this righteous stuff. i feel like i'm always defending myself so hard who'd have time to be righteous?
Post Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:55 pm
MessiahCarey

quasifoto wrote:
shane, why is that? did you just not want to be categorized as righteous? and then grew to think who cares what people think? what made you change your thought? i only know one other vegan so i don't know all this righteous stuff. i feel like i'm always defending myself so hard who'd have time to be righteous?

Basically, yeah...

It's like this:

Pre-veggie Shane: "Why don't you eat meat."
Vegan companion: "WHY?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU! YOU'RE A MURDERER AND YOU'RE GOING TO QUESTION *MY* DECISIONS?!"

PVS: "Well, I just think that the cycle of life..."
VC: "OH MAN. You murderers always use that life cycle bullshit...we're past that now..."

Heh.

And yes, most vegetarians and vegans I knew were like that - it was a militant thing. Karl was God and Earth Crisis, regardless of their shitty music, could do no wrong (except after Firestorm).

Therefore, I ignored the ideology because the messengers were so retarded. I know in retrospect that I should not have done that, but it doesn't exactly make a good case for whatever you're trying to prove when you're being a dickhead proving it.

Peace,
Shane
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:03 am
August Spies

aww and I thought firestorm was the only thing they did right... "A firestorm to purify!"

haha
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:13 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5