Search
Register
questions
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Bartus

questions  Reply with quote  

Narcissist was done on 90.3 a while ago over a Mr. Lif beat and it was on the back burner until Joe made a fresh beat for it. After all the time Sage never managed to write another verse, instead the end of the track is Sage naming a huge list of people....BORING. why Sage, why?

my other complaint is the whole alias thing he has going on. It's like Kool Keith all over again. I just don't understand the whole thing, why can't you just be Sage?

take it as critcism or plain questions, i'm curious.
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:30 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I don't think Narcissist called for another verse. It would have came off contrived in my opinion. Narcissist is a whole piece as it originally existed. the story is told...the point hits home. Thankfully Joey helped make it an official and original song.

As for the aliases, why can't I just be Sage? Well, why can't Sage just be Paul? because there are personas that emerge and develop in the art I participate in. Some don't fit the context of others. All of them come from Paul...but the different names give you a more specific idea of what part of the ego is being exploited. It's just fun, man...lighten up. Is it too much to digest? if so...then just call it all Sage Francis like most people and don't think about it.

But the Xaul Zan material is not representative of the Sage Francis nature. The Strange Famous stuff does not fit into the Xaul Zan mold. That's how I view it all. Maybe it is more for me than it is for you......in the end, people will understand the difference and why they all exist. I believe it would be far to confusing to just pass all these identities off under one name. and Paul doesn't really trust you one bit so he doesn't have much to say.

easy answers to unexpected questions
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:43 pm
Prescription

I say because it's his art. That is how he chooses to display it. Sure we can all critique the way michealangelo chose to dipict scenes from the bible on the Sistine chapel ceiling but do you think he's giving a fuck?
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:13 pm
Prescription

sorry if that sounded offensive, just throwing my cents in. :twisted:
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:14 pm
Path

What really was even left to say in Narcissist...

lol
Post Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:09 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Bartus,
so...?

did I answer your questions well enough or did I leave you hanging somehow?
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:30 am
Reggie

Prescription wrote:
I say because it's his art. That is how he chooses to display it. Sure we can all critique the way michealangelo chose to dipict scenes from the bible on the Sistine chapel ceiling but do you think he's giving a fuck?

Well, I knew Michaelangelo personally, and he was really self-depricating.

But I would also like to add that candy is sweet and gum is chewy. Concrete is hard, cotton is soft, and Jell-O is jiggly.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:41 am

Jump to: