Search
Register
Pledge of Alligence in schools........
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

FoJaR

at my school we have the pledge of alliegance followed by the two minutes of hate... i mean, minute of silence. since i am late to every class, i am always walking through the halls, silently. the part that pisses me off is that teachers always come into the halls just to make sure that NOBODY is moving. it's bullshit, because when i continue to move, they TELL ME TO STOP! the bastards speak during the moment of silence! what a bullshit double standard.

i always love it when i can just walk because they have their back turned to me. it proves that i am being silent when i walk, becuase they dont even notice. down with bullshit.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:44 pm
Drunken Friar

hey now  Reply with quote  

if you don't like it, move the fuck out of the country. I know I am in the minority in this, but the US has been good to me in my short 22 years. Sure it ain't perfect, but i wouldnt want to live anywhere else. hate me if you want to, but this is the way it is. I could wax poetically about all the injustices that the US does and the lying that Gump Bush does, but in the end, i dont give a fuck, and I bet alot of you dont either. I dont apologize for it. All i know is that while that this country has done some shady stuff recently, i (and most of you) would be the first to start complaining if gas prices shot to 3.50 a gallon. People at all periods of time have complained and protested against their country and shit like that, but when it came down to taking action, nothing happens. I DONT WANT to know what Gump Bush knows. I CANT know what he knows. If the president is 100% honest with his people, then the country is in serios trouble. If I knew what he knew, terrorism would run rampart in this country. sometimes people need things to complain about while waiting for people to respond to their messege on messegeboards aboard their 1200$ computer.

Dan

YankeesSUCK
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:38 pm
FoJaR's account is broken

other handle isnt working... anyways, 1200$ computer??

hahaha. try 400$ computer.

and i dont see your point... the president should be honest..

newjack asspirate.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:47 pm
MOS

whats with the new name
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:50 pm
Machiavel

god damn drunken friar, you make alot of stupid assumptions to go with your stupid ass statements. Why the fuck do you post here again?
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:52 pm
Drunken Friar

i post  Reply with quote  

to find out info and Sage

and to laugh at all the hippies

dan

Yankees suck
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:01 pm
Drunken Friar

about President Gump...  Reply with quote  

there are certain things that the Pres. of the US MUST keep secret. Name ONE leader of a powerful nation that has EVER told the 100% honest truth all the time...it doesnt happen and never will. There is no utopia, not everyone can be pleased all the time...i will take what i can get and watch the red sox break my heart again.

Dan

Yankees SUCk
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:05 pm
FoJaR's account is broken

so what you're saying... is that... because no president has told the truth all the time... presidents are EXPECTED to lie? AND that it is right for them to do so??? wow. you are stupid. ;et's all just take what we are given and dance around in a field of daisies. i'm going to take the status quo and shove it up your ass.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:42 pm
mattrego

Quote:

......and watch the red sox break my heart again

Quote:

Yankees SUCk

I agree with you on these two statements.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:49 pm
Drunken Friar

well...  Reply with quote  

My life isn't too bad, i'll stay on for the ride and enjoy it. No reason to fret over shit that I cant change. for now, the status quo has me feeling fine

Dan

Yankees suck
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:32 pm
DeuceLeader's Ankle

Re: hey now  Reply with quote  

Quote:

if you don't like it, move the fuck out of the country.

-"when i discuss how the united states is gradually shifting towards the right, one could say "pushed" to the right by corporate influence, i am immediately told that if i don't like it, i should move...this bothers me for two reasons:
first, if everyone adopted this viewpoint then we could never improve this great country. what's the first step toward fixing a problem? you have to acknowledge it...and discuss it. not runaway.
second, the US was founded as a Liberal Democracy. you can't argue that. and when i hear "if you don't like it, then leave" i now realize that they should be the ones leaving. they are the ones who don't want a liberal democracy. they are the ones that want a corporate-controlled, conservative, pseudo-fascist state. that's not America. America is dissent. America is the freedom to say whatever the hell you want. if i leave, i am denying everything America should be about." -Michael Parenti

Quote:

I could wax poetically about all the injustices that the US does and the lying that Gump Bush does, but in the end, i dont give a fuck, and I bet alot of you dont either. I dont apologize for it.

-i am sorry to hear that. however, i bet the majority of people who post here do not support injustice no matter who perpetrates it.

Quote:

All i know is that while that this country has done some shady stuff recently, i (and most of you) would be the first to start complaining if gas prices shot to 3.50 a gallon

-not me. i ride my bike. personally i'd love to see gas hit the $7 mark. then people would be forced to ride bikes, only use their cars in emergencies, no longer buy luxury suvs, and actually.....*gasp*....start walking places.

Quote:

People at all periods of time have complained and protested against their country and shit like that, but when it came down to taking action, nothing happens.

-what are you talikng about? there are hundreds of examples where the masses overthrew oppressive forces (governmental, colonial, local, corporate, the list goes on) utilizing direct action, armed revolution, insurrection, and non-violent resistance.

Quote:

I DONT WANT to know what Gump Bush knows.

-you can fit what he knows in a pamphlet.

Quote:

I CANT know what he knows.

-this is becoming apparently clear.

Quote:

If the president is 100% honest with his people, then the country is in serios trouble.

-i agree. if he was 100% honest ("i stole the election", "i went awol from the air force", "i lied about saddam's wmd", "i was a coke-head", "i accepted tens of thousands of dollars from bin laden's brother to fund my first business") he would be hung from the nearest lamp-post by an angry mob of citizens, many of whom would be republicans.

Quote:

If I knew what he knew, terrorism would run rampart in this country.

-huh?

Quote:

sometimes people need things to complain about while waiting for people to respond to their messege on messegeboards aboard their 1200$ computer.

-yes. and sometimes people need to reach out and educate one another so that we as a country can move forward, building a collective mass of opposition to exploitation and oppression, and we do that by posting on shitty computers for free from our jobs so we actually get paid for it ;)

cheers.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:31 am
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

Re: hey now  Reply with quote  

DeuceLeader's Ankle wrote:

Quote:

if you don't like it, move the fuck out of the country.

-"when i discuss how the united states is gradually shifting towards the right, one could say "pushed" to the right by corporate influence, i am immediately told that if i don't like it, i should move...this bothers me for two reasons:
first, if everyone adopted this viewpoint then we could never improve this great country. what's the first step toward fixing a problem? you have to acknowledge it...and discuss it. not runaway.
second, the US was founded as a Liberal Democracy. you can't argue that. and when i hear "if you don't like it, then leave" i now realize that they should be the ones leaving. they are the ones who don't want a liberal democracy. they are the ones that want a corporate-controlled, conservative, pseudo-fascist state. that's not America. America is dissent. America is the freedom to say whatever the hell you want. if i leave, i am denying everything America should be about." -Michael Parenti

Quote:

I could wax poetically about all the injustices that the US does and the lying that Gump Bush does, but in the end, i dont give a fuck, and I bet alot of you dont either. I dont apologize for it.

-i am sorry to hear that. however, i bet the majority of people who post here do not support injustice no matter who perpetrates it.

Quote:

All i know is that while that this country has done some shady stuff recently, i (and most of you) would be the first to start complaining if gas prices shot to 3.50 a gallon

-not me. i ride my bike. personally i'd love to see gas hit the $7 mark. then people would be forced to ride bikes, only use their cars in emergencies, no longer buy luxury suvs, and actually.....*gasp*....start walking places.

Quote:

People at all periods of time have complained and protested against their country and shit like that, but when it came down to taking action, nothing happens.

-what are you talikng about? there are hundreds of examples where the masses overthrew oppressive forces (governmental, colonial, local, corporate, the list goes on) utilizing direct action, armed revolution, insurrection, and non-violent resistance.

Quote:

I DONT WANT to know what Gump Bush knows.

-you can fit what he knows in a pamphlet.

Quote:

I CANT know what he knows.

-this is becoming apparently clear.

Quote:

If the president is 100% honest with his people, then the country is in serios trouble.

-i agree. if he was 100% honest ("i stole the election", "i went awol from the air force", "i lied about saddam's wmd", "i was a coke-head", "i accepted tens of thousands of dollars from bin laden's brother to fund my first business") he would be hung from the nearest lamp-post by an angry mob of citizens, many of whom would be republicans.

Quote:

If I knew what he knew, terrorism would run rampart in this country.

-huh?

Quote:

sometimes people need things to complain about while waiting for people to respond to their messege on messegeboards aboard their 1200$ computer.

-yes. and sometimes people need to reach out and educate one another so that we as a country can move forward, building a collective mass of opposition to exploitation and oppression, and we do that by posting on shitty computers for free from our jobs so we actually get paid for it ;)

cheers.

owned
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:48 am
DeuceLeader's Ankle

Quote:

Doctrine - I realized in 10th grade how we all say the pledge like zombies...Ever notice how the caidence becomes flat when we say the pledge...There's no feeling behind it...Then after, it's like time starts moving again as if nothing ever happened...

if you think pledging to a real flag makes you zombies, think about when kids start pledging to a flag on t.v.

http://www.boston.com/news/daily/15/odds_flag.htm
Due to lack of funds, students must pledge to televised flag
By Associated Press, 9/15/2003

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Students at Central High School have been watching TV during the Pledge of Allegiance, but no one's complaining.

Unable to buy enough real flags for the new school year, Central High has taken to showing an image of the American flag on classroom TVs while students make the pledge.

A new state law requires school children to say the pledge at least once a week, and the school simply doesn't have enough flags for that.

The problem originated five years ago when the high school was repainted and many flag holders were taken down, Principal Mary Mackbee said.

"It's very expensive to outfit a school like this with flags and flag holders," she said.

Other schools throughout the St. Paul and Minneapolis districts, already burdened with budget cuts, are struggling to provide enough flags.

Many schools haven't said the pledge regularly for years. The St. Paul district's most recent estimate showed 1,300 classrooms without flags, another 970 without flag holders.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:48 am
Doctrine

^^^
Mercy me...
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:14 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Drunken Friar

take it for what its worth  Reply with quote  

read and listen for what the pledge is. Proffessing a love for your country. Alligning yourself with your country. Paying tribute to those who sacrificed so you could breathe freely. I dont see how that is a bad thing. You may not agreee with everything that is going on with this country, but chances are, you could find something to bitch about in any period of American History. This is not about trying to change policies that may need changing, it is about respect for this great nation. The Pledge is what America is at its BEST. It cannot get to be that way unless everyone is working towards that goal...one nation, under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all. by disrespecting the flag it is a slap in the face to many many people.

dan

Yankees Suck
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:20 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next