Search
Register
Pledge of Alligence in schools........
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

fumbledcalligrophy

Pledge of Alligence in schools........  Reply with quote  

everyday in 1st hour i hear the annoying voice from the other side of the intercom. 'Will you please join us in the reciting of our national anthem"

its not bad on mon, tues, and friday cause i have 1st hour first on those days(block schedule). I can just stay seated and no one bothers me. But on wed i have photo first. It just so happens 9 football playing, UNITED WE STAND, BOMB IRAQ, FREEDUMB fighters sit next to me. THis is a scary time. on 9-11 we had a sports assemble, no better way to honor the dead by a football assembly. they asked us to rise for the national anthem and god bless america. i sat. And i swear the entire population of the school was not looking at the flag. When god bless america rolled around they asked us to sing. Everyone who looked at me and asked why i was sitting did not know the words to god bless america, but they can call me fag, dissrespectful and horrible. Actually most of the kids knew the end."God bless america...." they sang it a few bars early then sat down, the chior was also singing ans sand the last part by themselfs looking confused. It was a good day....
Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:14 pm
MOS

ok, i sat and stared at my computer screen for a while on this one. thinking to myself should i make a real response to this thread or one of my famous sarcastic ones. i decided on this:

people on this board have problems.
Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:19 pm
DeuceLeader's Ankle

MOS wrote:
people on this board have problems.

i agree.

and from reading the first post i can clearly see that Fumbledcaligraphy is not one of them.

The Pledge of Allegience was initiated on Columbus Day.

yes, that great humanitarian who stated that, if gold was found, he would take it from the natives by any means necessary. these means included rape, torture, and slavery. everybody knows he "discovered" america in 1492, but who among us was ever told in school that he returned in 1493 with 17 ships with the expressed purpose of "aquiring slaves for the crown", "exterminating the natives" and establishing himself as the "viceroy of all the mainland my eyes see"?

in 1954 another great pillar of human rights, Dwight Eisenhower who fought the Genocide Convention and the creation of international human rights legislature, added the words "Under God" after "One Nation..." justifying it by saying that bringing religion (i.e. christianity) into the anthem it would make it easier to rally the masses in support of war.

these two words, virtually guarantee support for patriarchial monotheism, with the alternative being social condemnation (as fumbledcaligraphy experienced).

apparently, "with liberty and justice for all" does not include atheists, polytheists, anarchists, pagans, indigenous religions, etc...

finally, in 1980 recitation of the pledge in school was made mandatory when signed into law by.....wait for it.......Ronald Regan.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:08 am
The RIAA TookMyMusicAway

it's good that you remained seated. fuck a pledge of allegience.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:48 am
bensandoval

The RIAA TookMyMusicAway wrote:
fuck a pledge of allegience.

how's about a "pledge of doin what the fuck i gotsta,biatch!
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:06 am
The RIAA TookMyMusicAway

i feel that
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:04 am
MF TOON

do you go to a private school?
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:07 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I commend you for sitting down.

I did the same when I was in highschool but not nearly enough.

I got in trouble. haha.

They got me to rise every morning, but I never said that shit and eventually the homeroom teachers just accepted it.

hey..."RIAA Took My Music Away" will be a new song. Sung by me. Thanks for the title.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:10 am
The RIAA TookMyMusicAway

me? i went to public schools all my life. now i'm at City College.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:10 am
Bobby Anticon

.....s  Reply with quote  

sweeeet
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:12 am

The RIAA TookMyMusicAway

Sage Francis wrote:
I commend you for sitting down.

I did the same when I was in highschool but not nearly enough.

I got in trouble. haha.

They got me to rise every morning, but I never said that shit and eventually the homeroom teachers just accepted it.

hey..."RIAA Took My Music Away" will be a new song. Sung by me. Thanks for the title.
if i gave you the idea for the title please show a little love and include me in the liner notes or something. all i want is love.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:13 am
MF TOON

is this a common routine in puiblic schools in the states?
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:19 am
Bobby Anticon

hey yo  Reply with quote  

can u also say you love the pepsi whore more then the coke out cat fight woman all around you? you know the pepsi whore? Oh oh shes so lucky.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:22 am

Doctrine

I realized in 10th grade how we all say the pledge like zombies...Ever notice how the caidence becomes flat when we say the pledge...There's no feeling behind it...Then after, it's like time starts moving again as if nothing ever happened...I stopped saying it in 10th grade, people thought I was a Jahova's Witness...But I just explained the hollowness of it all...I am VERY thankful for America, but it's not perfect...And chanting some babble will not make it greater...I remember a teacher giving a speech to the class about how people should show "respect" by saying the pledge after seeing me not stand...What's funny is how I had been doing it all year...But guess what...It was after 9/11, so it was now necessary...

The only thing I would say to you is, don't necessarily I don't know how to say...Well...Don't do it to be a spectacle, don't do it haughtly (sitting down, rolling your eyes, sighing ridiculously)...Do it because of conviction...Nah mean...

Props to all who understand what TRUE patriotism is...
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:32 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SergOne

I stopped saying the pledge in the 6th grade, it always bothered the shit out of me, that and I'm not even a citizen...anyways, at first they threatened me with detention and shit, then in 7th grade I had to write a pro and cons paper so I decided to write it about the pro and cons of the pledge and went with the cons, my teacher tried to tell me this was going on my "student record"...whatever the fuck that is....later in high school I had teachers try to send me to the principal office over the shit, the first time it happened I told my teacher it was bullshit and I got thrown out of her class for saying bullshit....then my football couch through a fucking hissy fit cause I wouldnt' stand for the national athem at football games, I stopped playing football cause it just wasn't fun anymore with all the bullshit.......props to anyone who decides to stop going along with that shit, its for idiots who like the taste of shit
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:59 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next