Search
Register
I don't really need you cracker!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

kese

Rise Above 42 wrote:
The fact that we are still discussing this in 2003 is ridiculous why can't everyone grow up? not just people hear everyone, i know there are stupid fucks everywhere but still this is outta hand

we HAVE TO discuss it in 2003 because racism still exists, we have to discuss how to stop racism, not just not talk about it and go about like it doesn't exist, the other day at my work a blackman came in and asked for an application, i gave him all the info on how and when to get it to my boss so that he would even be considered. ( he only takes applications personally on fridays), but i felt bad because i know just because of the fact that he had dark skin, after my boss will get the application and bullshit this guy, my boss will put it aside and never think of hiring him, cause he's ignorant, he's racist because he doesn't know any better, after years of demonization by the media by doing sneaky shit, that's all he knows, black people are shown as criminals. white criminals, well they control the media, so they never get mentioned, the have so much money they have a licence to steal, they control the system, that controls the education system, the job market, housing, drugs, law enforcement, prisons...blah blah blah, fuck this country was built by slaves while white got all the money to build the system, they've been playing catch up in a game that was invented by the white men, not to mention the white guys made all the rules, and enforce them too..
imagine playing basket ball, black guys vs. white guys... white guys start off with 500 billion points, even if black guys are better at b-ball it's gonna take a hell of a long time to catch up, especially when the referees are planting crack on some of the players, and the white guys distract the other half of the players with bright shiny trinkets....
get it, the world is fucked up man, and not talking about it, is not going to do anything, talking about it might raise some awareness and level the playing field.
by the way, i'm a white guy, i don't play the game, but i watch, and i'll scream at the refs from the stands when i see that the game isn't fair.....
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Absurd_Life

I prefer the term Honky myself.

But for real. I use the term cracker from time to time, but only with people whom I know very well.

So eat shit and die honkies!!! Haha, just being dumb.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:31 pm
Reason

futuristxen wrote:

White people should shut the fuck up, because they don't know a damn thing about discrimination based upon skin color. I say this as a white person, who has never had to deal with one iota of the racism that any of my black friends have had to deal with. And even them, they haven't had to deal with anything like their parents or grandparents.

I don't understand your point, I guess. Or if I do, I think its wrong.

One interesting thing to me was this. A buddy of mine had gone away to school in Michigan, and came back, and he and his friends would use the term "nigger" as a desensitized version of the word dumbass or idiot.
I was like whoa dude, why are you saying that. And he told me it didnt mean a black person, but it meant like saying dumbass. I really couldnt understand what he was saying, but then he pointed out that it was the same when people say faggot or fag. It was true, and I really thought about it a lot. Anyone who says fag but opposes people saying nigger is a hypocrite. They are both terms derived from persecution, and people should stop saying them both.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:06 am
LuvSpeakeasy

Reason wrote:
I really couldnt understand what he was saying, but then he pointed out that it was the same when people say faggot or fag. It was true, and I really thought about it a lot. Anyone who says fag but opposes people saying nigger is a hypocrite. They are both terms derived from persecution, and people should stop saying them both.

i totally agree with this, but as for the initial topic started by doctrine, that shit was hilarious.. because it was completely stupid. shut the fuck up.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:16 am
Lazarus ill1

I fully agree with Reason(the dude above). Maybe because i grew up and reside in California and its a pretty big cultural mixture in my area i dont really see why people fuss so much. I think that white people, in an urban, or in areas where minorities are higher populated, face more hate then any other race.
Because of something that went on Decades ago, whites who now, had not a damn thing to do with any of it, get harrassed and treated like shit because "they're white" and "we're black, and they hate us black people." I think thats bullshit and i think most people who think that way are idiots. The dude who made this post is looking for something to bitch about. I mean, dont blacks call whites "Crackers"? And if "Cracker" is equvilant to "Nigger", why are you complaning? Me, being white can easily say to a black person. "can you please stop calling your friend there a nigger, because i assosiate that with Cracker, and im a little offended." If i said that to you, what would you think? Im an idiot right? So now you know what i think.

-Laz
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rise Above 42

[quote="kese
we HAVE TO discuss it in 2003 because racism still exists, we have to discuss how to stop racism, not just not talk about it and go about like it doesn't exist, the other day at my work a blackman came in and asked for an application, i gave him all the info on how and when to get it to my boss so that he would even be considered. ( he only takes applications personally on fridays), but i felt bad because i know just because of the fact that he had dark skin, after my boss will get the application and bullshit this guy, my boss will put it aside and never think of hiring him, cause he's ignorant, he's racist because he doesn't know any better, after years of demonization by the media by doing sneaky shit, that's all he knows, black people are shown as criminals. white criminals, well they control the media, so they never get mentioned, the have so much money they have a licence to steal, they control the system, that controls the education system, the job market, housing, drugs, law enforcement, prisons...blah blah blah, fuck this country was built by slaves while white got all the money to build the system, they've been playing catch up in a game that was invented by the white men, not to mention the white guys made all the rules, and enforce them too..
imagine playing basket ball, black guys vs. white guys... white guys start off with 500 billion points, even if black guys are better at b-ball it's gonna take a hell of a long time to catch up, especially when the referees are planting crack on some of the players, and the white guys distract the other half of the players with bright shiny trinkets....
get it, the world is fucked up man, and not talking about it, is not going to do anything, talking about it might raise some awareness and level the playing field.
by the way, i'm a white guy, i don't play the game, but i watch, and i'll scream at the refs from the stands when i see that the game isn't fair.....[/quote]

i didn't mean we should ignore that there is a problem i ment ridiculous kind of like its a shame we have to. sorry for the confusion i liked the basketball analogy tho.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:20 pm
Reason

One interesting thing I was talking about with some friends of mine. They were talking about this dumbass who was on the radio and was saying that black people should just stop bitching about slavery.
They(are both black) were saying that how can people still think it is okay for jews to say, remember the holocaust, and black people have to "get over" slavery.
This makes me think. Is is just because slavery happened much longer ago? I mean, there have been so many enslavings/slaughters throughout history, then why have all of those been swept under the carpet?
Just thinking out loud.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:35 pm
tatto0edhands

you people swear.

it's a song.

get over it.

and if it really bothers you that much dont say any of those words and dont listen to the song.

and all of you are guilty to just that. so you dont have the right to say shit.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:43 pm
Doctrine

Lazarus ill1 wrote:
I fully agree with Reason(the dude above). Maybe because i grew up and reside in California and its a pretty big cultural mixture in my area i dont really see why people fuss so much. I think that white people, in an urban, or in areas where minorities are higher populated, face more hate then any other race.
Because of something that went on Decades ago, whites who now, had not a damn thing to do with any of it, get harrassed and treated like shit because "they're white" and "we're black, and they hate us black people." I think thats bullshit and i think most people who think that way are idiots. The dude who made this post is looking for something to bitch about. I mean, dont blacks call whites "Crackers"? And if "Cracker" is equvilant to "Nigger", why are you complaning? Me, being white can easily say to a black person. "can you please stop calling your friend there a nigger, because i assosiate that with Cracker, and im a little offended." If i said that to you, what would you think? Im an idiot right? So now you know what i think.

-Laz

"Cracker" and "Nigger" do NOT hold the same weight...They don't cancel out eachother...

Oh and tatooed...Shut up...I'm sure there's a "Top 5 Underground Emcees" thread somewhere to keep you occupied...
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LuvSpeakeasy

[quote="Doctrine
"Cracker" and "Nigger" do NOT hold the same weight.[/quote]

exactly.. so why did you even bother with your original post???
shut the fuck up, cracker!
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:06 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Doctrine,
you shut the fuck up.

don't be writing posts like that to someone who contributed their relevant thoughts to this topic.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:55 am
Market Researcher

Jesse wrote:
Cracker, for starters, does not derive from "whip cracker". Indeed, that position of dominance is the opposite of what is implied - "cracker" is a very old pejorative used to denote "white trash" in the south.

I get what doctrine is saying - like how if a dude says "motherfucker" in a song and it gets played on the radio and they edit it with a beep, he's still SAYING motherfucker, right? So the idea is that using "cracker" to euphemize "nigga" in rap lyrics implies the latter term? Well, in his sesquipedalien post MF Toon dealt with this perfectly - in rap, nigga just simply doesn't mean nigger anymore. We're all still uncomfortable with the derivation, so no-one wants a white person to say it, but the pejorative intent is stripped away - our discomfort is almost entirely based on the phonetic remnants of the slur.

Strip those away, and what's the problem? Say a different word, mean the same thing... "peoples"... all good, right?

I mean, not that I ever liked the term cracker or want to hear anyone say it in a rhyme, white or black, but I'm just saying it's not what you say it is.

Damn good Point
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:34 pm
Jesse

Thanks man. You notice how Doctrine completely ignores the serious responses, though? All he replies to are the knee-jerk "this is all stupid" replies.

What's the deal, Doctrine?
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:46 pm
vintge
is vintge vince? vince vintge vincge?

before i read through this whole thread, ill post this again

futuristxen wrote:

White people should shut the fuck up, because they don't know a damn thing about discrimination based upon skin color. I say this as a white person, who has never had to deal with one iota of the racism that any of my black friends have had to deal with. And even them, they haven't had to deal with anything like their parents or grandparents.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:17 pm
FoJaR

i dont really need you cracker  Reply with quote  

that's right oyster cracker, i dont need you to enjoy a bowl of chili!! you either saltines, so FUCK OFF.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:23 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next