Search
Register
12 Year Old Sued For Downloading Music
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Syntax

Soul Seek for life... Or until not convieniate...
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:20 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

if major labels put more then 1 or maybe 2 good singles on an album id buy them in a heartbeat not to mention prices[ofcourse depending on where you buy them] are a tad bit high

if it wasnt for p2p programs theres ALOT of great music i never would of heard

and how the fuck can the RIAA<R.ich I.gorant A.rrogant A.ssholes> sue people and not give the artists money

another thing i dont get is say i download a assload tracks from independent artists albums and the riaa supeonas me
can they sue even if its not artists they represent?
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:46 am
FoJaR

yeah, i was wondering that myself...
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:51 pm
Frezz

They're saying in the last year CD sales went down 33% just because of MP3 downloads. You don't think the shitty economy had anything to do with 33% drop off do you? Nooo of course not. It's alot easier to blame 12 year olds for downloading music.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:55 pm
excellrec

blech, the double standards are appaling, when people flat out steal it's cool although you are flat out stealing, we are assholes for doing this people, let it be known and don't kid yourselves. The second the opposing side takes action that you don't like you however point out the unfairness of it. No the fines aren't fair, neither is paying nothing for music. Respect this fact a bit. The fact that suddenly consequence becomes involved shouldn't be to shocking, after all we are flat out no questions asked stealing.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:57 am
Seamus Ignoramus

Don't forget, the RIIA is merely a front for the 4 big record companies, who control what 90% of the public listen to. This is why the RIIA is here to stay...
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:37 am
Machiavel

excellrec wrote:
blech, the double standards are appaling, when people flat out steal it's cool although you are flat out stealing, we are assholes for doing this people, let it be known and don't kid yourselves. The second the opposing side takes action that you don't like you however point out the unfairness of it. No the fines aren't fair, neither is paying nothing for music. Respect this fact a bit. The fact that suddenly consequence becomes involved shouldn't be to shocking, after all we are flat out no questions asked stealing.

theres always somone who agrees with the RIAA and copyright laws... I see no double standard. And im sorry but 90% of the time you would have to ask questions. The copyright laws are retarded and saying that by downloading tracks you are "flat out no questions asked stealking" is equally ridiculous. I guess by your logic, you should also be fined for taping something off the radio or burning a copy of a friends CD.

Sorry, bro.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:39 am
excellrec

have you asked all the artists whose songs songs you've downloaded if they mind.......because if you haven't you have stolen.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:17 pm
jehu

what i want to know is why hasnt anyone started a petition to boycott these Labels who choose to sue under these ridiculous standards? i mean what about ALL THE PEOPLE FROM THE 80's who recorded crap from tape to tape?

its exactly the same thing

Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:13 pm
gerhupsom vanbone

downloading music is stealing stealing is wrong. ruining someones life with dept they cant possibly pay off is just evil.[/list]
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:31 pm
Samtron

i dont think we r putting anyone into debt that they cant possibly pay off here.

the record companies are hurting themselvs. Radio is their primary form of advertising. they have neglected this by playing only the same shit. they dont realize that people are growing board with the same thing all the time. talent does exist out there but their focus is on a few artist that sell big. the are often trying to engineer albums to sell. i dont support downloading music only because it is better when you buy the CD. record companies just need to provide a larger variety of music on the radio.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:00 pm
Samtron

ooh that was incoherent.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:00 pm
iamnotpunk

so thats what we get for liking music..
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:36 am
hippo

Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:28 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HeavensDevil

How about this....

why dont they just ban companies like Memorex from producing burnable cds??
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:01 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next