Search
Register
Bush says he is asking for ANOTHER $87 billion...to cont war
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Samtron

i do wish that i had some kind of say in american politics because it really pisses me off ( livimg in Canada i dont have much of a role in it). i see bush as a murder of children who should rot in jail; certainly not re-elected. i have yet to speak to someone who supports the role on terrorrism so i dont understand fully how they justifie. im sure they have heard all the same arguments and media the rest of us have heard but they came to another conclusion.

the best way to raise awareness of such things would be large protests i think. with big banners and lots of property damage for big biussness and government. i know that sounds like bull shit but so long as no one is hurt and no small biussness is damaged then it might be a very effective message.

hmm right now in Ontario we r have a provincial election and it is disconcerting. the tories whome are currently in power are still in the best running but have demonstated little integrety espesially with their made-for-TV bugdet. the liberals seem weak. they r promising many good things like reduced insurance rates more money for education and health plus teachers right to strike would be preserved wich the tories would eliminate. but the liberals dont want to say where all of this money will come from. the MdP has very little support but offers a platform (as far as i can tell now) better then the liberals. they have the worst track record though where in the past have made bugdet cuts that proved dissastrouse.

i guess im releaved when i say im still a minor and cant vote yet but iether way it turns out we could be fucked.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:15 pm
invisiblewindow

Sad but true...

The way the US runs things is spreading world wide...eventually it will crumble under it's own weight.

The day is coming when things will get pretty bad in this country... that could be 2 years, 10 years, or 50...but the day is coming.

We don't have anything to say about what is going on. We have no REAL choices to make. We are locked in a system that is nearly unshakable.

Money is king in the land of fools, and we are all peasants.

Until we all take risks and step out of our comfort zones, we have no power at all. Big business and those with all the money and power realize that if the masses are pacified, they can run things largely unchecked.

Let's not forget that Republicans and Democrats are sleeping in the same bed.

I wish I had some good ideas, but until you can make millions of people wake up and actually care about having no real choices....we have nothing.

The people most able to start the fire are the young.... 18-30 years old.

This is the battle that must be fought with minds and not force.

The more that happens with Bush and the War on Terror, the more it becomes obvious... shit needs to change fast, but it most likely won't change a bit.

I think humanity is plagued and we cannot escape our fate.

With that said, anyone hungry for tacos?
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:15 pm
marge

FoJaR wrote:
this reminds me of some movie where some mayor or something has been having votes submitted in the names of all the dead people in the town...

a little help here...

Were you thinking of Black Sheep?
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
note1

a question..  Reply with quote  

posted by reggie:
"Trust me bro, I know many reasons why this man should not be the head of our govt(or the puppet of our CEO's), but what I am looking for is a solution to the american bred apathy that is the evil twin of free enterprise."

If apathy is a consequence of free enterprise, do you suggest doing away with free enterprise? Or working to overcome apathy within the current system? Or did I misinterpret the whole statement?
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:51 pm
FoJaR

marge wrote:
FoJaR wrote:
this reminds me of some movie where some mayor or something has been having votes submitted in the names of all the dead people in the town...

a little help here...

yes yes yes!!!!

thanks, that was bothering me.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:58 pm
futuristxen

FoJaR wrote:
marge wrote:
FoJaR wrote:

a little help here...

yes yes yes!!!!

thanks, that was bothering me.

damn dude. I'm sorry. I thought of Black sheep right after you asked the question, but I figured it wasn't that and I had to go to class. Good lookin out marge.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:15 pm
Reason

Re: a question..  Reply with quote  

note1 wrote:
posted by reggie:
"Trust me bro, I know many reasons why this man should not be the head of our govt(or the puppet of our CEO's), but what I am looking for is a solution to the american bred apathy that is the evil twin of free enterprise."

If apathy is a consequence of free enterprise, do you suggest doing away with free enterprise? Or working to overcome apathy within the current system? Or did I misinterpret the whole statement?

That was actually posted by me, but it's cool.
I think that we need to work hard to overcome the apathy that is so present in American society. We just need to start caring about things, domestically and abroad.
I mean, there are still 30 million americans who are below the poverty line, and kids that are hungry, everyday.
However, not only the societal apathy that seems contagious amongst americans, but the cyncism that we teach our children and reinforce with stereotypes.
We just need to start caring.
I think that people would care if it didn't take as much effort to get involved.
With any message there needs to be a solution that is simple enough to understand and that seems small enough that people are willing to do it.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:21 pm
note1

sorry bout that....  Reply with quote  

In my opinion that is actually a very reasonable answer.....what are you doing here?? haha

In any event i guess i was wondering in general if people here felt that real reform in possible, or do you throw out the whole political system and start from scratch? And if you're for total change what would you put in its place?

I think that last part is from a Talib song.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:55 pm
Reason

Re: sorry bout that....  Reply with quote  

note1 wrote:
And if you're for total change what would you put in its place?

I think that last part is from a Talib song.

True that, Kweli is my boy. I just saw him on Friday on the sprite remix tour.

I think that change has to start with a couple different components:
1. There needs to be a public political figure/council that represents all walks of life, races, religions, etc. to be the ones to lead the change once it reaches a federal level.
2. A popular entertainment figurehead that will get people who don't usually care to listen. This person should maybe be a seat on the council for change, that's what I'll call that, or just someone with great influence and willingness to act.
3. A group of people who are vocal in their desire for change that represent all walks of life as well. This is necessary to bridge any gaps that will be encountered: age,race,class, etc.
4. Results: If people see what change can do, in the beginning, then they will be more apt to continue to help, and it will hopefully influence others.

I think that the hardest part for people to cope with is that this will cost money. A lot of money. But that is the point: getting outside of American consumerism...but that will never happen.
It's all about influencing people that this is a good idea.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:27 pm
Reason

this is my main deal...  Reply with quote  

My main deal with living in the United States middle class, or any western nation is this.
Tell me what you think about it.
As human beings, as souls, there is no pre-determined destination for where we are born.
So because I was lucky enough to be born into a country of such privelege and wealth, I feel an obligation to earn my status.
It is not the starving child's fault that they have no food, but it is our responsibility to do what we can do to help people born into a shit situation.

I have many beefs with the US govt, but this is one of my main.
In the US, we pay farmers to over produce food, enough food to feed starving nations in Africa, etc, but it is less expensive to just take it out in the ocean and dump it, so that's what we do.
Can you believe that?
Let me know your thoughts on these issues.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:33 pm
Reganomix

What happened to liberia? thats my question.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:06 pm
Absurd_Life

Reganomix wrote:
What happened to liberia? thats my question.

How about East Timor? That was some REALLY fucked up U.S. funded shit.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:25 pm
Reason

or Chile? or Cuba? or Iraq then and now!

We institute radicals for economic and propaganda reasons, then it comes back and bites us in the ass.
Remember Osama Bin Laden, where ever he is. he took quite a bite out of the New York skyline......
that 3 billion dollars we gave them must have not helped with that at all.......but now we are fighting his forces in Iraq......sure Bush...sure.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:51 pm
strategy

anybody down to join me on my assasination plot against this asshole
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:18 am
Reason

no but you have my support.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:20 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next